It Pays To Wait!

280 Man

Banned
After getting home from work Tuesday evening I hot-footed it to a ground blind I have in a strategic spot. Only had about two hrs to hunt. Got in my blind around five and shortly thereafter I had a small five point make a foray in through my area looking for does. He stayed about two minutes and left.

About 15 minutes before shooting light was gone I had two does walk in. One was to my left, the other to my right. As I was "tennis match" watching these does I noticed another deer easing in behind the doe on the right. At first I couldn't tell what it was but it turned it's head and I seen a glint of antler.

I already had my rifle up. This buck walked up to a big ol scrape that was below my salt lick. I didn't have a shot. He stood there a couple minutes and shooting light was fading fast. I needed him to make a few steps. He finally started moving and stepped into a small opening between two pines. I found in behind his shoulder in my Meopta scope and sent a 150 gr Nosler BT on it's way.

Light was so low that all I could see was fire out the barrel at the shot. I didn't know if he fell or ran. I immediately got out of my blind to see. I found some blood after a few minutes. I started following blood and found him about 50 away.

I can't say how highly impressed I am with the low light performance of my Meopta scope. It was, as we say "slap dark" when I shot.

Oct 2020 buck.jpg

fatback

Good glass can make all the difference. Sounds like yours is top notch. Congrats on a fine buck

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice buck man! :cheers:

buckpasser

Good deal! I’ve heard Meopta compared to Swarovski before. I’m too po for it to matter...

280 Man

Banned
Congrats! I wish you would have taken the picture a little closer?. Which meopta do you have?

That’s a good one. Congratulations. Which meopta do you have if you don’t mind me asking.

I have the Meopro. I knew these were really good low light scopes and have killed a few deer kinda late but I had never actually had to use it this late. Like I said, it performed wonderfully well.