It Pays To Wait!

walkinboss01

Congrats on a great buck

Bubba_1122

I was looking to buy a nice Leupold scope last year for my new rifle.

Store owner talked really good about the Meostar (I’d never heard of Meopta). He compared it to the Swarvoski (actually said like better).

Definately the nicest performing scope I’ve shot (I’ve pretty much always shot Leupold. My understanding is that the Meostar was created for night hunting in Europe by moonlight. It’s unbelievably good in low light situations). It’s very crisp and clean in decent to good light.

Ray357

AWOL
After getting home from work Tuesday evening I hot-footed it to a ground blind I have in a strategic spot. Only had about two hrs to hunt. Got in my blind around five and shortly thereafter I had a small five point make a foray in through my area looking for does. He stayed about two minutes and left.

About 15 minutes before shooting light was gone I had two does walk in. One was to my left, the other to my right. As I was "tennis match" watching these does I noticed another deer easing in behind the doe on the right. At first I couldn't tell what it was but it turned it's head and I seen a glint of antler.

I already had my rifle up. This buck walked up to a big ol scrape that was below my salt lick. I didn't have a shot. He stood there a couple minutes and shooting light was fading fast. I needed him to make a few steps. He finally started moving and stepped into a small opening between two pines. I found in behind his shoulder in my Meopta scope and sent a 150 gr Nosler BT on it's way.

Light was so low that all I could see was fire out the barrel at the shot. I didn't know if he fell or ran. I immediately got out of my blind to see. I found some blood after a few minutes. I started following blood and found him about 50 away.

I can't say how highly impressed I am with the low light performance of my Meopta scope. It was, as we say "slap dark" when I shot.

View attachment 1045275
Meopta is awesome low light glass.