panthers in georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

caught

IF YOU SHOOT ONE ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE THE FEDS SHOW UP AT YOUR HOUSE AFTER POSTING IT ON HERE???????

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
You should have tried the old "Here kitty, kitty kitty" trick; that gets them everytime.

kevincox

My cousin hunts some land here in Milledgeville beside the sinclair dam and swears up and down he saw one last turkey season on two different occasions, My aunt saw one in the stand not 40 yards the other day and freaked out and I know she don'e lie, she want hardly go hunting untill gun season is in!

I saw 2 one morning hunting just off 441. My mother and I saw one off short-cut rd near the Milledgeville airport several year ago. We just looked at each other with mouths wide open! I know they are here!

seaweaver

Fella If I lived out where they roam like you I would make it my mission to get pictures.
Stop thinking like proud crackers and think like you are in Africa.
Hang a goat in a tree w/ a trail cam low and one high....
and fame and gloy is yours.

Chief

I know there are black panthers in Georgia. My in laws have one. Seventeen years ago, my sister-in-law brought home kitten that had lost its mother. Its eyes were still shut becasue it was so young. I bottle fed it and eventually it grew up. It is now seventeen years old and probably will not live much longer. It kind of resembles a house cat and it weighs about 7 pounds. After reading this thread, I became concerned so I went by there and studied it. I am sure now that it is a pigme black panther. By the way, her name is sweet pea.:rofl:

In all seriousness, there is no doubt in my mind that some big cats do roam the woods in Georgia. There are too many sightings for every single one of them to be discounted as a case of mistaken identity or a hoax.

J

shadow2

I believe that they are here as well. I am certan that i saw one down in Emanuel couny about 8 years ago. Until recently the official word out of Missouri was that there were no large cats there either but cattle farmes had a different opinion. Then just this fall/winter somone got a pic of one on a trail camera and it was confirmed by the DNR. DNR said that some mail mountain lions were moving down from South Dakota. Now if those cats are moving that far it only makes sence that some could have moved into Ga from Fl.

Emmersom Biggens

I caught one on one of Triton Mike's swim bait thingy's. I let it go though. It was a section of lake that was catch and relase only. I dipped it in catnip.

Big Dawg

I got pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to get a picture of 3 cats at once but I can't get it to upload...anyone want to help me.....I'll email it to you.

RackNBeardOutdoors

I saw one the other day in my yard, it tried to eat my 2 Labs, Really!!! I PROMISE, I would have taken a picture with My digital camera, but the batteries died, and the spare ones that I always keep charged were dead as well. He hung around for a good bit, and I found a throw away camera, I took some pictures with it, but they didn't develop right. But thank God for chain link fence, because I love my Labs. Once he saw he realized he couldn't get my labs, the panther tried to break into my truck and steal my Toyota. When it couldn't, my wife and I heard it scream really loud and distinct, and you know it is a panthers scream, you just know. :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: ::ke:

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
MEOW MEOW MEOW!:bounce:
lepblack.jpg

emtguy

Said this before but i'll say it again.

I was 12 years old and a DNR ranger came to our school for a presentation and afterwards in the q&A session i ask if they are any black panthers in Ga. He said he didnt think so but ya never know and i replied well i seen one sat. morning and there is one that screams behind my house all the time at night.
Next thing i know after the show he was wanting to know how i knew it was a panther and i said "cuz i shot at him with my 20 gauge sat." I said i can show you a track and low an behold that got his attention....the next morning he was back with some more guys and my dad carried him to our back feild that i had seen him in and they took plaster molds of the tracks...now in fairness i have to say the black panther is not correct, they look black but actually are a dark brown if you look at them closer than 100 yrds(which is about the distance i shot at him..hah)

they are panthers in ga, i got no reason to lie about it and if you think im full of it well im sorry. just telling what happened.

gbear36

I can tell you that there have been one or two located , seen and watched in Seminole County, Ga. Belief is they cam cross the Chatt from Fl. I know one stayed for years around river rd..

This is the first time I have tried to talk to any body here but I believe that this website I am gonna turn loose on yall will hopefully open the minds of some. Now I personally have never seen any big cats here or know anybody who has but the videos on this site are pretty clear that anythang is possible. These cats are in Mississippi and Alabama.
http://www.thejump.net/multimedia/cougar/cougar.htm

polaris30144

Just goes to show you how some people think....."If I haven't seen it, it don't exist".
Using that logic; I have never seen a wild alligator in Georgia. Does that mean they don't exist?
Only narrow minded people insist that something does not exist based entirely on their ignorance of a particular subject. Unfortunately they are usually the most vocal also.
A lot of people write about "facts" here disputing the existance of cougar, moutain lions, panthers etc. The only "facts" I have read is that those people repeat hearsay from someone else that they don't exist. Not one "fact" has been expressed.
Not one wildlife bioligist has come forward to say that there is not a doubt that they do not exist in Georgia. In fact they offer reasons why people might be seeing them. Migrated from Florida, got loose from someone, etc.
To the people that are being so insulting to the people that have seen them, all I can say is; "Better to keep ones mouth shut and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt".
I believe in God, though I have never seen him in person. Using the logic of the naysayers, I must be a crackpot for believing that God is here in Georgia.
I'm not trying to rile anyone, just asking that tolerence be shown to others. Just because you haven't seen something in person, does not mean it doesn't exist.
To me it is more believable to hear about these sightings than to read about all the monster bucks that got away. The same people that report the big bucks, did have a chance to "prove" the big buck existed if they were hunting but failed to by way of a book full of excuses. Why is it that they might be more believable?

muddy_feet

Banned
I can tell you that there have been one or two located , seen and watched in Seminole County, Ga. Belief is they cam cross the Chatt from Fl. I know one stayed for years around river rd..

I've saw that one before in the mid '90s. Also saw one on Three Notch Rd in Seminole County during the same time period and he was also seen by my father on the same night. Last year I also saw a med-light colored on Yates Spring Rd on the Miller/Seminole County. I saw a Florida panther on I-10. My Great Grandad was a Ranger and he saw them. My dad remembers seeing them and hearing them before Lake Seminole was backed up and the before it was trailor park central. The lady that works for my mom saw one walking throught the field in from of her house in Mayhaw. Her husband is a Decon and she is very active in the church so I doubt she lied. She called the DNR and they told her she was mistaken.

I remember everyone saying their were no armidillo's in Georgia or skunks....so I could careless if anyone believes me.

One was seen "cougar" here in winder near the airport about two years ago by two guys that I worked with very reliable. We went out looking for it and found tracks in the mud.

gbear36

Muddy -You are correct, it was in the late 80's-early 90's. I graduated in 88 and deer hunted that area frequently after school. Several of the guys I hunted with had seen him, and I know they would not lie nor would they have any reason to. You from Seminole? Pm me I would like to see if we know each other as I am sure we have some familiar friends..

Last edited:

meateater

I wish someone could explain to me in depth why any animal, in this case a cougar or panther wont cross the state line? As I posted years ago, I saw one at our family farm in Brooks County. "Take a picture" sure thing, why dont you "take a picture or it doesnt exist" guys make sure to get a picture of the next falling star you see, or perhaps the next car accident as it happens in front of you. I was on a tractor hauling hay, didn't think to CARRY MY CAMERA. My Mom and Dad didn't believe me until they walked up on the cat a few days later. Believe what you want to but do not tell me what I saw. God has blessed me with absolutely perfect vision. Our farm borders an 8900 acre plantation. In my forty two years I have seen two GADNR folks in the area. Tell me again why there can't be any Panthers living there?

Status
Not open for further replies.