Public Enemy #1...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got me a new target!

32677.jpeg

Last two nights he's been messing with that dead deer I set out before the monsoon.

I HAD HIM last night, he left a PERFECT print on one of my sets, but the trap failed to fire because it was so muddy.

He's now got a gauntlet of eight traps to negotiate if he keeps hanging around...

What's everybody else got going on??

deerslayer357

Got my traps set since Saturday with no activity. No bait has even been stolen yet. I know I have coyotes and bobcats on the property- but haven’t had any sign around the traps since set.

2dye4

Got me a new target!

View attachment 1277419

Last two nights he's been messing with that dead deer I set out before the monsoon.

I HAD HIM last night, he left a PERFECT print on one of my sets, but the trap failed to fire because it was so muddy.

He's now got a gauntlet of eight traps to negotiate if he keeps hanging around...

What's everybody else got going on??
I want to see a picture of him in handcuffs .

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I got to reset mine and change out traps. They on to me and my placements.

I have nine acres, and my buddy has 12. It's hard to find new placement ideas...

I still have the four around the deer carcass, but I mixed it up a bit with a pair of sets in two new and different locations.

I have zero on my place right now, still way too wet. But as soon as I can, I have two new ideas at home...

I enjoy trying to fool em in the neighborhood, but one day I'm gonna find a larger untrapped area and try to run a few dozen instead of half a dozen... :bounce:

More traps, more coyotes!

2dye4

I have nine acres, and my buddy has 12. It's hard to find new placement ideas...

I still have the four around the deer carcass, but I mixed it up a bit with a pair of sets in two new and different locations.

I have zero on my place right now, still way too wet. But as soon as I can, I have two new ideas at home...

I enjoy trying to fool em in the neighborhood, but one day I'm gonna find a larger untrapped area and try to run a few dozen instead of half a dozen... :bounce:

More traps, more coyotes!
You’re invited to come to my place and set all you want to. :cheers:

deerslayer357

Got my traps set since Saturday with no activity. No bait has even been stolen yet. I know I have coyotes and bobcats on the property- but haven’t had any sign around the traps since set.
Correction-
I have had the bait stolen from 2 different dirt hole sets last night - it got down to 24 here last night and I think the dirt froze over them. I re-baited them and will see what happens tonight- not supposed to get below freezing for a couple days now.

sportsman94

I now have ten (10) traps set, and still have had NO action...

This fox is ALL OVER a blind set in that little trail...

View attachment 1277940

I don't really want him, but it's still maddening... :LOL: :rolleyes:
Do you have a stepping stick on the trail? I like one placed on the far side of the trap from where I think they will approach. Seems it’ll make them plant their foot just before it to prepare for the break in stride if that makes sense. If you do, you may want to adjust it a little forward or backwards if they are missing the trap.

Blind sets are about the only thing that’s caught anything on my little line right now

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Do you have a stepping stick on the trail? I like one placed on the far side of the trap from where I think they will approach. Seems it’ll make them plant their foot just before it to prepare for the break in stride if that makes sense. If you do, you may want to adjust it a little forward or backwards if they are missing the trap.

Blind sets are about the only thing that’s caught anything on my little line right now
It so happens that there is a bit of old fence wire across the trail, and I have the trap placed in my best guess for somebody hopping over, or staging to hop over the wire...

But it's looking like my best guess ain't worth spit!!

:rofl:

furtaker

I use step sticks on my blind sets too. Or either a little clump of leaves or grass. Whatever looks natural. And a spot that looks just a little cleaner and open right over my trap pan.

Blind sets are the only sets they can't wise up to.

sportsman94

I use step sticks on my blind sets too. Or either a little clump of leaves or grass. Whatever looks natural. And a spot that looks just a little cleaner and open right over my trap pan.

Blind sets are the only sets they can't wise up to.
Do you replace the trap after each catch? I noticed that the trap and area smell like grey fox after making a catch in a blind set the other day. Checked it yesterday and it seemed like it had been uncovered/dug at. I know jc Conner replaced his in his video

furtaker

Do you replace the trap after each catch? I noticed that the trap and area smell like grey fox after making a catch in a blind set the other day. Checked it yesterday and it seemed like it had been uncovered/dug at. I know jc Conner replaced his in his video
I usually just put it back. Might scrub it off in a creek if it's really dirty. I only use drags on blind sets though.

JCs videos are great.