SBR amnesty Reminder

bighonkinjeep

Last edited:

ryanh487

The 5th circuit Court approved an injunction against enforcement of this rule in 5/23. It will be struck down in higher courts just like the bump stock ban.

transfixer

They say there’s between 10 to 40 million braces floating around. How long y’all reckon it’ll take to track them down?
there's multiple million out there they won't ever be able to track down, those bought and sold between individuals, bought at businesses with cash, or gun shows with cash. Sorry for all the guys who have gone all electronic payments hate to be you ,,

GregoryB.

Does the 4483 identify it as a pistol brace ? All I ever remember seeing was long guns, pistol or lower receiver . If it doesn’t how do they know what you have or don’t have ?

transfixer

Does the 4483 identify it as a pistol brace ? All I ever remember seeing was long guns, pistol or lower receiver . If it doesn’t how do they know what you have or don’t have ?

I've never bought one as a pistol, I may have built a few, but on lowers identified as " any " or " other " , so I don't know ? but if I had to guess the model is listed on the 4473, and they will know which models were sold with braces and which ones weren't

ryanh487

4473 identifies it as rifle, pistol, or other.

If you buy a stripped lower, it's an "other". No features tied to it to prove its anything other than a serialized paperweight as far as the government is concerned.

Dub

Testifying before Congress the head of ATF said removing the brace was sufficient to be legal.

In the latest paperwork from ATF it says it must be destroyed or fixed so it can't be installed.

Either the ATF lied in front of congress or they are even more screwed up than we imagined!

Both are true.

They lied.......and.....they are as screwed up as a soup sammich.