Team 35

yoteaholic

yoteaholic is after them with his son right now!

we saw some birds, but they seemed pretty content with their "loves" I'll give em another week and they will be out lookin for love again!
:cool:

mcallum3

I joined a new club this past Friday but didn't get to go and take a look around until yesterday afternoon (mostly to try and figure out the lay of the land). The wind was blowing so hard I wouldn't have heard one gobble if he was standing next to me, so didn't have much luck with the turkeys but I did get to send a 3.5 load of #5 into a 100#'sh hog so at least I was able to come home with some fresh pork, but, I am still at it and not going to stop until I either get 2 more or the season ends.

mcallum3

Kenlr4,
I haven't quit you buddy, I was just wondering if our thread would hit the bottom of the page :huh: I will be going thursday and friday after work, sat. a.m., then back home for a 11:30 T-ball game then back at em sat. p.m. you did a great job for our team I only wish I could have been more productive. If you ever decide you would like to kill a hog (during the off season) in elbert co. shoot me a P.M., I am up for it any time. your buddy donblfihu is more than welcome to come with you and kill one or some also.

kenlr4

Any one giving it a last try in the morning? Don and I are taking a friend to try and get him one. Good luck mcallum3 and to any of ya that are going. I had good luck and a lot of fun. Be safe. Ken

Last edited:

mcallum3

Well, I guess its pretty clear that I wasn't able to get anything those last few days of the season, otherwise I would have already posted them. In hindsight I probably should not have put so much time in trying to kill that clayton bird but at the same time he was quite a challenge and that made toting him back to the jeep all the more enjoyable. I thought I had a bad year last year only taking 2 birds, then to only be able to take one this year showed me to be thankful for what I got. Even though I was only able to take one bird I still had a good time being in the woods. I joined a new club in Elbert co. that is loaded with hogs. At one point I was able to get within 20 yards of 7 pigs with one boar that would go well over 300 lbs, I can tell you that is pretty exciting watching that beast coming thru the woods and trying my best to get as close as I can without spooking them. Like I said I enjoyed my season so I guess the numbers 1 bird, 2 bird, etc doesn't really matter. It's not about the killing, it's about enjoying yourself. Who knows, I might not be able to get anything next year, but one thing is for sure I will be out there trying untill the very end.

BTW, thanks Ken for being there for the team to the very end.
Perry

yoteaholic

Well I guess my turkey hunting year could be described as I've been succussfully stomped by mother nature up here. The days I had planned to hunt were very windy and usually raining. I only actually hunted twice this year...ugg. Did get to spend a day hunting with my son so I enjoyed very much the little time I did scratchin' on the call with him. Take care fellas. :cheers: