Tree saddle recommendations.

feathersnantlers

I got the Cruzr XC package and luv it. This is my first year hunting out of it. Like others have said it's a slippery slope. I got Skeletor sticks to climb and using some gardening knee pads. So he'll need knee pads or padding to go on the tree. Since I am trying to save money right now I am using old garden pads. Harbor Freight has entry level pads that are quiet but won't last long. Also will need a daisy chain or some type of hangar system for his gear. Since we're in GA i am still using screw in hangers like Real Tree but Santa is bringing me a gear hangar strap. My whole set-up weighs maybe 15 lbs. When I using an aluminum climber it was a at least 25 lbs and awkward. This package I wear my saddle on my bike and strap my sticks to my backpack and boom I am walking or riding my bike

Trip Penn

This is my second season saddle hunting. I have a Trophyline saddle and a back band from Lattitude. It is comfortable but takes some time (sits) to figure out what works best. If I bought another one, I would look at the 2 panel saddles.

Linemans belt is one from that came with a lock. Probably heavier than some on the ones that come from saddle makers but it saved money and works. Same for the tether. Replaced prusiks with Ropemans.

Platform from AOL. Not too heavy and I like the size. I don't like the strap that attaches to the tree and it can be difficult at times to get it tight. I added two steps two the strap and they help with sitting and moving around the tree. I am getting a pursuit platform for Christmas. It is lighter and has a cam buckle strap.

I had climbing sticks but did some mods to lighten them up and make the quieter.

OffTheBeatnPath

There's also a lot of stuff he probably already has that is similar to saddle brands gear.. I use a eno strap for a gear hanger, cut 2 holes and ran a strap through a old pad I had for a knee pad to hang on the tree.
Bike tubing over the platform cambuckle is a lifesaver.
IMO best thing I've bought is gear ties to hang stuff on my saddle while I climb up n down.

jax

A lot of what you said is so foreign to me, you could’ve been speaking French and I wouldn’t have known! Not being a Smart Alec but, can you tell me what all the items like a Amsteel bridge and Beal Jammy prusik is? I have no clue… forgive me for my ignorance!
Amsteel is a Dyneema 12 strand braid type rope which is used in winches. Is incredibly strong and easy to splice, so you can make fixed eyes. A Beal Jammy is a 5.5 mm sewn loop made out of a Technora Aramid core rope. It makes a great Prusik for small diameter tether ropes.