UGA Softball

Rattlecrap

Thinking of taking the family to a UGA softball game next month, never been to one. Wondering what the tailgating situation is. Is there anywhere to grill up some burgers and dogs? Throw the ball around? Thanks

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Never been but thinking about going too. My daughter plays and loves it and she would love to go see them.

Gator89

I went to see the Gators play the Bulldogs in baseball one Sunday, it was pretty laid back and setting up a grill could have been done fairly easily. But since it was just my wife and I we just bought a hot dog at the stadium.

Duff

It’s a fun time. Y’all will enjoy it. They have a great stadium

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Never been, but it's an enjoyable game to watch. I'll watch Georgia when they're on TV. Some of those girls can knock the cover off the ball.

Gator89

The only time FL v GA softball worked out when I could possibly go, I could not get tickets through the ticket office, they were sold out.

I did not try to go through any resale options for tickets.

biggdogg

Really cool atmosphere. Beautiful backdrop behind the outfield fence. And free admission. We usually go to a couple games a year and we'll probably be there for a recruiting visit at some point this season. Plenty of room for tailgating, but I've never seen anyone actually tailgating.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
The Coliseum parking lot is very close. Tons of room. Or if you can get a space, you could park at Barrow elementary school(my old school) While you're there you should tour the Butt's Mehre building right up from the baseball stadium. We've been to several games in the past and always enjoy it! Great atmosphere.

MudDucker

Staff member
I went to a few when I was in school up there. Man, those chick pitchers could sling dat ball.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
The Coliseum parking lot is very close. Tons of room. Or if you can get a space, you could park at Barrow elementary school(my old school) While you're there you should tour the Butt's Mehre building right up from the baseball stadium. We've been to several games in the past and always enjoy it! Great atmosphere.
I misread. I thought you were talking about baseball. Disregard that post. ^^^ :O

thumper523

Don't park where you are just downhill from the outfield fences. Park on back side.
Trust me on this. Friends windshield busted by homerun over left field fence.

Rattlecrap

Thanks for the info everyone we are headed to Athens on March 10 for a home game vs Auburn.

MFOSTER

BANNED
They use to have a Div 1 preseason tournament in Columbus every year,don’t know if still happening we went several years was a chance to see some superstars

biggdogg

They use to have a Div 1 preseason tournament in Columbus every year,don’t know if still happening we went several years was a chance to see some superstars

The tournament was in Clearwater, Florida this year.