What has killed your Bucks

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well to report just a couple, got em with the truck

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Being in the woods every chance I get. Regardless of weather. You can’t kill them at the house. I hunt a lot. I go when the weather is miserable and when it’s perfect. The weather is an excuse a man uses when he really just doesn’t want to get out of the bed or the recliner. Being there is how I do it.
To an extent. I have been deer hunting for about forty years. I've spend hundreds of hours in that time sitting there in pouring rain with the tree rocking back and forth in the wind, being totally miserable. In all that time, I could count the total number of deer I've seen in those conditions on one hand, with several fingers left over. Sometimes age brings wisdom. I would much rather maximize my time when it's better hunting conditions instead of hopeless ones. I just don't honestly want a deer bad enough nowadays to sit out in the pouring rain for hours, I don't care how big it is. Been there and done that plenty enough.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
In every case I would say lead.

Ace1313

Do you have a favorite time to use rattling horns?
I personally like to rattle during the pre-rut and post-rut. I have had success during bow season with rattling as well. I don't try to tear the woods down in bow season with the rattling. I make it sound like sparring and keep it's duration very short.