What order do the QBs go in the draft

across the river

Four years down the road Lawrence will be the QB from this draft. The rest will likely still be holding clip boards either in the NFL or asking for you to take some survey at the local mall??

First off, anyone saying Urban picks Fields over Lawrence is delusional. Fields won't be the second QB taken.

It goes:

Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, then Mac Jones, with potentially all five going in the first round.

I think Trevor and Zach Wilson both start day one, in large part due to where they go, and have potential to be great NFL quarterbacks. Similarly to Justin Herbet and Mahommes in my opinion, where Lawrence is probably better as a starter at day one, but I think Wilson has as much arm talent and better mobility than Lawrence. He could potentially, I'm no saying he will, but potentially have a better career than Lawrence. I say that having seen Lawrence as a junior in high school and said at that time. he would go #1 in the draft. The concern with both is how many times they et sacked and can they stay heathy. Fields ends up at Philly competing with Jalen Hurts, neither do that well. Lance goes after him to Houston or Carolina, depending on what happens with Deshaun. He is Lamar Jackson like to me. How he works out depends on how hard he works and how much he can improve his accuracy. Mac Jones success depends on where he goes. New England or the Saints would give him a good chance of being successful. He can't run, so he needs the Tom Brady run heavy then play action type offense to have a chance to be successful.

DannyW

Justin Fields has lost some of his shine. I saw 3 OSU games this year. The first was against NW where Fields had something like 100 yards passing. The entire game. Then the next game against a much better Clemson team he was all-world...400 yards and 6 TD's. Wow.

Then against Alabama in the NC he looked great for about a quarter and a half, and then disappeared for the rest of the game. Poof. Gone.

The point is that he lacks consistency. You never know which Justin Fields is going to show up...the NW version or the Clemson version. I am beginning to agree with the people who say he needs another season at OSU to get more experience and consistency. But that ship has sailed.

I think that the NFL is now evaluating him as a very big gamble as a 1st round pick. History is littered with "talented" 1st round QB's who were a total waste of a very valuable pick...Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Art Schlichter, Robert Griffin, Brady Quinn, Andre Ware and on and on.

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like it's going to be an interesting draft. Lots of good guesses here. Appears there's more common sentiment among most with Trevor Lawrence going 1st pick. Interesting discussion on QB order & which early teams go for what position & player.

Here's 4 mock drafts from 4 different sports writers with a side by side comparison at the 1st web link below.

2nd & 3rd web links are the two most recent mock drafts this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/

2021 NFL Mock Drafts

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...tcher-in-class-steelers-target-rb-in-round-1/

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Bengals get Joe Burrow best pass catcher in class, Steelers target RB in Round 1

Meanwhile, the Jets and Falcons eye quarterbacks with their top-5 picks

By Ryan Wilson

Feb 15, 2021 at 1:58 pm ET

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...or-weapon-jets-secure-a-qb-and-rb-in-round-1/

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Dolphins get Tua Tagovailoa a major weapon, Jets secure a QB and RB in Round 1

The Jaguars also draft the new face of their franchise

By Pete Prisco

4 hrs ago

:bounce:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Lawrence go's 1 to Jax, Fields #4 to falcons . Zack Wilson #12 to 49rs , Jones #17 to the Raiders. Trask some where in the 2 round to some one who needs a backup QB
And I’m ok with that.
Rather have Lawrence but Fields is gonna do something someday.

DannyW

If that tackle, Penei Sewell, is still available at #4 I would go for him. Ya''ll keep wanting a QB, I say the Falcons already have one. He just needs some time to do his thing. I'm tired of seeing defenders get to Ryan before the snap does. And Sewell is touted as a generational talent at the tackle position.

James12

If urban Meyer ends up in Jacksonville,fields will go first. If not he’ll be second. He has more skill sets than the others. He threw a 63 yard TD pass against Clemson. I’m not sure Lawrence can even throw that far let alone Jones or trask

?. Ask the Elite 11 guys from their class who slings it the farthest.

across the river

?. Ask the Elite 11 guys from their class who slings it the farthest.

He was throwing so much farther than Lawrence!

It doesn't matter how far you can through it. Brady wouldn't have won the "who throws it the farthest" contest when he was at Michigan, but he just won his 7 Super Bowl. Accuracy and what is between the ears is separates the greats from the rest. Jamarcus Russel could supposedly throw a football 70 yards off his knees and Saban has said he saw him do it at LSU. That didn't matter.

bullgator

It doesn't matter how far you can through it. Brady wouldn't have won the "who throws it the farthest" contest when he was at Michigan, but he just won his 7 Super Bowl. Accuracy and what is between the ears is separates the greats from the rest. Jamarcus Russel could supposedly throw a football 70 yards off his knees and Saban has said he saw him do it at LSU. That didn't matter.
Exactly. Being able to read a defense and get rid of the ball quickly is worth more than a few extra yards on your overthrows.

across the river

Exactly. Being able to read a defense and get rid of the ball quickly is worth more than a few extra yards on your overthrows.
It has been a few years back but there was a video of the Saints at this carnival thing. I think it was during training camp. There was a dunking booth where you typically throw baseballs but they had footballs. I think the backup was Teddy Bridgewater but he threw a bunch of times and never dunked the guy in the booth. Drew Brees walks up and they tell him to do it and he dunks the guy like 3 out of 4 throws. Was pretty telling of the difference between a good qb and a great one.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Nope seen no reason to, matter in fact I didn't even watch all the video when I seen how old it was...
Here’s a more recent video for you. If you watch the other one you’d see fields was mvp of the elite 11. Not Lawrence.