Who cares about Arch Manning?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I mean no disrespect towards him. But honestly, nothing really stood out in that video that made me think "this guys is special". In fact, he doesn't look as good as the two freshmen young guns we currently have. :huh:

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I mean no disrespect towards him. But honestly, nothing really stood out in that video that made me think "this guys is special". In fact, he doesn't look as good as the two freshmen young guns we currently have. :huh:
He's just a JR and evidently UGA/Alabama have seen something?? :huh:

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think a kid like Simpson fits the SEC better. He can run and pass on the run.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

weagle

The dogs last 2 national championships have come with average QB's who played hard. UGA is the graveyard of 5* QBs. They only excel when they leave.

Kirby seems to get that the team will rally behind a QB that has heart.

James12

I can’t see Brock sticking around if Bennett’s QB1 out of spring. Kirby will say they’re competing so he doesn’t leave.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I can’t see Brock sticking around if Bennett’s QB1 out of spring. Kirby will say they’re competing so he doesn’t leave.
Carson Beck hasn't left yet??
He was QB2 to start with??

Since Bennett stayed he has the most "experience" unless he gets hurt Brock will ride the bench!

jrickman

My prediction is that Stetson starts, Beck leaves, BVG gets some decent playing time, and Stockton gets the red shirt. If Iamaleava shows up, he will likely wind up in the portal living up to his name.

James12

Carson Beck hasn't left yet??
He was QB2 to start with??

Since Bennett stayed he has the most "experience" unless he gets hurt Brock will ride the bench!

Right, Beck hasn’t left YET. Maybe he doesn’t, but I can’t see a scenario where all 4 are there in the fall. If they are, they deserve the pine splinters :) there are too many places needing a dang good pup.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Gotta be careful recruiting kids from the west coast to play in the SEC. There have been some good ones no doubt but the culture, particularly the football culture, is so different as to be totally different games. Jacob Eason and JT Daniels were both from the west coast....and Jake Fromm and Stetson Bennett both took over for them when they were injured and never looked back. This does not happen in a vacuum. Kids that play high school football in the south are just a different species. That is not to say that kids from the west coast can't adjust but the time spent adjusting is time spent catching up to what kids like Bennett and Fromm were accustomed to in Blackshear and Warner Robbins. There is a reason that so many Div. 1 and NFL players played high school football in Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana....many of them were playing in leagues as competitive and as well coached in middle school or earlier than JUCO football on the west coast. By the time a kid at Buford or Cartersville has played 4 years of high school football at that level they are a journeyman in their craft...while kids on the west coast are still wet behind the ear apprentices. High school football in the footprint of the SEC is why the 15 of the last 16 CFB national champions are from schools located in the footprint of the SEC.