You ever wonder if things is too complicated or your just too dumb?

Skipper

Banned
Dad lost one of the phones on my cell account somewhere and as bad as I dreaded going there, I had to go to the cell phone place to get another.

I discovered my plan was no longer available so I couldn't just sign up for another 2 year tour of duty and get a $9.95 phone without having my rate increase drastically, so I finally jewed her down on a used flip phone, paid and left. Well, she set it all up to call on before I left, but after making 1 call out in the truck to test it, the battery quit.

I've juged every button on that stupid gadget and I ain't found the power button yet. Why cain't they just put a button in it labled "Off and On"?

So, I pulled out the instructions for this phone from the box. The front cover says LG C1300 (The make and model of the phone I bought) then under that it says Gui'a del usuario. ::huh: ::huh: :banginghe

How do you say On or Off or Power Button in Spanish? :whip:

Skipper

Skipper

Banned
Now I feel dumber. The book is one of those 2 sided things. English on one end and Spanish on the other. :(

There must be a lot to this new phone, the book is 5/16 ths thick.

Skipper

Handgunner

You never cease to amaze me Skip.

Nick_T

Banned
If ya haven't found it yet, try holding down the "end" button for a few seconds and see if that'll fire her off.

Don't feal bad, I've had one of those slider phones for about 4 months and still finding new features on it I didn't know it had. Instruction book is usually the first thing that hits the trash can, if I can't figure it out on my own I don't need no stinking book to tell me how its' done.

Nick T

Toliver

It's pretty simple actually. You just gotta be smarter than the equipment. :D

Skipper

Banned
That 5/16ths book is actually a full 11/16s if you count the covers and the Spanish part. That 5/16ths is only the American section. ::huh:

Understand, I was in college before I ever used a push botton phone. We had rotray phones at the house when I was a kid. This fancy stuff sometimes confuses me. :D

I don't think it works here, but the phone has internet access. I tried to make it dial up SO and Woodys, but didn't get anywhere with it. That was in chapter 947 and page 2013 little letter d and I've not got that far to figure out how to use it. It's bad when you gotta read War and Peace to figure out how to use the dag nabit phone.

Skipper