Let's see some old slipjoints

GA1dad

From the drawer...

A trio of Case's from about 1970. All CV, never used or carried. I can't remember how I wound up with them, but I will let The Kid and Little Brother decide one day whether to use, or preserve...

View attachment 1132454

And they will each get a Trapper, handed out by the railroad as gifts years ago...

View attachment 1132455

There are some goodies in that drawer,,, nice stuff right there!!

snuffy

Seeing the old Barlow's brought back memories. I toted them for years.

In Locust Grove we had an old Black man that made some beautiful gun stocks with a Barlow and a broken coke bottle. I loved to watch him work.

He made one stock for me. Wish I still had the rifle, but some fine young man broke into my house and stole it along with the few others I had at the time.

GA1dad

Some good stuff on this thread (y)
I have a few that would like to ask about. They belong to an older friend of mine and don't know anything other than they're Case. Can anybody help from these pics?View attachment 1132567View attachment 1132568View attachment 1132569

I believe this is correct. Your friend really likes the Canoe pattern. You can click on the links below for more info on how to date a Case, and identify the handle material.

https://www.casexx.com/Pattern/

https://www.casexx.com/Library/TangStamp.asp

knives1.jpg

transfixer

I've got a box of old Cases, maybe a Barlow or two, and some others around here somewhere, I inherited from my Dad and Grandad,,, I'll try to pull them out, some I know are really old, blades worn down to almost nothing

GA1dad

This is what I carried today,,, as Fats Domino called it,, Blue Monday.

There is a short story with this one too. I spied it at a pawn shop and they were asking $25. I gave it a once over and it had broken handle scales, was missing the badge and one backspring was flat wore out and would not even attempt to engage with the blade. I passed on the knife for a couple of weeks, but went back later and offered $10,,,, and we settled on $15.

Knowing this 30 year old knife would not be under warranty, I filled out the repair form on Case's website requesting a price to make the non warranty repair, but stipulated that I wanted to keep the blades as they were actually dated 1991. A couple of weeks later they emailed me advising that the backspring repair would be considered warranty. I assume they replaced the scales because they had to tear them up to get to the warranty repair. So,,,,, for $15 plus $7 priority shipping, I now have a factory reworked, 1991 Masonic badged mini trapper,,, and couldn't be happier with the results and their customer service.

Blue Monday.jpg
20220131_154620 (686 x 515).jpg
20210721_070930 (850 x 478).jpg
20210721_070809 (850 x 478).jpg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
This is what I carried today,,, as Fats Domino called it,, Blue Monday.

There is a short story with this one too. I spied it at a pawn shop and they were asking $25. I gave it a once over and it had broken handle scales, was missing the badge and one backspring was flat wore out and would not even attempt to engage with the blade. I passed on the knife for a couple of weeks, but went back later and offered $10,,,, and we settled on $15.

Knowing this 30 year old knife would not be under warranty, I filled out the repair form on Case's website requesting a price to make the non warranty repair, but stipulated that I wanted to keep the blades as they were actually dated 1991. A couple of weeks later they emailed me advising that the backspring repair would be considered warranty. I assume they replaced the scales because they had to tear them up to get to the warranty repair. So,,,,, for $15 plus $7 priority shipping, I now have a factory reworked, 1991 Masonic badged mini trapper,,, and couldn't be happier with the results and their customer service.

View attachment 1132714
View attachment 1132713
View attachment 1132716
View attachment 1132715

THAT is too dang cool!

flyrod444

Here are few more of the older pocket knives I have. First one is an eighties Henkel & Henkel I've probably gutted skinned close to hundred deer with. Broke the red pick bone scale on it back in the 80s and took it apart and put elk horn scales on it. Lost it once by leaving on bumper of my truck at our hunting lease, but a friend found it in the road 1/2 mile away the next week. Had to take it apart again to clean up. Only carry it when hunting.
IMG_20220201_112006582_copy_1000x750.jpg
This is another old one that I found in my wife's grandfather's stuff. It is a blue grass Barlow.
IMG_20220201_112140908_copy_750x1000.jpg
IMG_20220201_112055018_copy_1000x750.jpg
Last one is an 1981 case copperhead I picked up years ago.
IMG_20220201_112223975_copy_750x1000.jpg

GA1dad

Here are few more of the older pocket knives I have. First one is an eighties Henkel & Henkel I've probably gutted skinned close to hundred deer with. Broke the red pick bone scale on it back in the 80s and took it apart and put elk horn scales on it. Lost it once by leaving on bumper of my truck at our hunting lease, but a friend found it in the road 1/2 mile away the next week. Had to take it apart again to clean up. Only carry it when hunting.
View attachment 1132874
This is another old one that I found in my wife's grandfather's stuff. It is a blue grass Barlow.
View attachment 1132875
View attachment 1132876
Last one is an 1981 case copperhead I picked up years ago.
View attachment 1132877

Those are some dandy's for sure,, especially love the Barlow.