What did you do mountain related today part II

KentuckyHeadhunter

Did about 5 miles yesterday in the rain and mud. Had a few slick water crossings that my pole saved me on. Saw lots of bear sign and lots of those dang Joro spiders. Man they'll bounce you back.
As far as Turtleskins they perform great as an all around gaiter aside from the snakeproof factor. Super product. Mine got nasty muddy yesterday and were covered in webs. Once I was good I just dunked em in a creek and put them on the outside of my pack. Everything dried out like brand new.
20220904_153705~3.jpg

Professor

Did about 5 miles yesterday in the rain and mud. Had a few slick water crossings that my pole saved me on. Saw lots of bear sign and lots of those dang Joro spiders. Man they'll bounce you back.
As far as Turtleskins they perform great as an all around gaiter aside from the snakeproof factor. Super product. Mine got nasty muddy yesterday and were covered in webs. Once I was good I just dunked em in a creek and put them on the outside of my pack. Everything dried out like brand new.
View attachment 1174520
Rock on

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm telling you guys, y'all are missing out on some awesome archery experiences some of these mountain bow shoots are offering. Mountain Fellowship Camp in Suches, Mountain Grace Baptist in Hayesville, and yesterday we drove over to Franklin, NC to shoot the Believer Archery Bowhunter Extravaganza. Despite it raining all day, the shoot was outstanding.

The course was over 2 miles long, through woods, fields and streams. Lots of very challenging bow hunting scenarios. Crispis kept my feet dry after 5 hours in wet grass and stream crossings.

ddd-shooter

I'm telling you guys, y'all are missing out on some awesome archery experiences some of these mountain bow shoots are offering. Mountain Fellowship Camp in Suches, Mountain Grace Baptist in Hayesville, and yesterday we drove over to Franklin, NC to shoot the Believer Archery Bowhunter Extravaganza. Despite it raining all day, the shoot was outstanding.

The course was over 2 miles long, through woods, fields and streams. Lots of very challenging bow hunting scenarios. Crispis kept my feet dry after 5 hours in wet grass and stream crossings.

Agree, but you know them flatlanders can't hang! Don't rub it in!

Lol

He's right though, it's great practice and great fun.

jbogg

Had every intention of really covering some ground today while scouting. 36 hours of pouring rain has changed my mind. Sitting on the porch drinking coffee with my bride instead.

View attachment 1174663

I was out in it yesterday. Wearing rain gear while hiking in Georgia bow season heat and humidity is just torture. I think the term breathable rain gear is just a fallacy.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I was out in it yesterday. Wearing rain gear while hiking in Georgia bow season heat and humidity is just torture. I think the term breathable rain gear is just a fallacy.

Yeah that's the thing with rain gear if you're sweating. Sometimes its just better getting wet from the outside-in than the inside-out.