Braves 2024 Season Thread

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Yes and yes.

It's nice to have a 100+ wins season, but we have been there/done that. I want to win the very last game of the year. And this team will not go very deep in the playoffs unless they get out of this funk.

Understood. I believe they have quite a bit of time to right the ship…

walukabuck

Well poo finally get a few runs and a decent start, and the most dependable reliever lays an egg. Long season indeed and getting riley and Murphy back will help some. Still need more pitching

Baroque Brass

Ozuna is currently the braves offense. The others just about can’t buy a hit.

biggdogg

Saw an interesting stat today...strength of schedule so far, and remaining SOS.

Braves have played the 9th hardest schedule so far but have the 29th easiest schedule remaining.

Phillies have played the easiest schedule by far of any MLB team. And they have the 12th hardest schedule remaining.

You can see it here: Strength of Schedule
The Philthies have played a grand total of 3 games against teams with a winning record. They're 1-2 in those games. Ironically... they were against the Braves.

Ozuna is currently the braves offense. The others just about can’t buy a hit.
That's the big key. The Braves offense is hitting the ball, and hitting the ball hard for the most part. Everything seems to be right at someone. That will even out as the season goes on.

Olson seems to be waking up, and Riley was hitting extremely well before he got hurt. The offense will be fine. Fans just got spoiled by last season's offense.

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Another tough extra innings loss with Phillies growing 1st-place lead by 6.0-games. May get Riley & Murphy back from injuries next week.

Injuries & Moves: Updates on Riley, Murphy

May 21st, 2024

May 21: 3B Austin Riley cleared to begin swinging again
C Sean Murphy (left oblique strain)
Expected return: Next week
(Last updated: May 21)

BornToHuntAndFish

No game lineup out today yet for start time after lunch, but here's some hopeful words below, although I am not expecting any starters back from injury before the Braves return home for their next series. Encouraging having Chris Sale for our starting pitcher today.

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Injury Report

Atlanta Braves

NAME, Position STATUS EST. RETURN DATE

Sean Murphy C 10-Day IL May 26

Austin Riley 3B Day-To-Day May 27

Tyler Matzek RP 15-Day IL May 28

Last edited:

Duff

Wishing the bats would come alive today!!

biggdogg

Hope I'm wrong, but looks like Acuna just blew out his other knee...

HermanMerman

Hope I'm wrong, but looks like Acuna just blew out his other knee...

Acuna is hard to read…everytime he gets hit by a pitch or fouls a ball off his shin guard he acts like someone sniped him from the left field bleachers. But yeah this time it looked pretty serious.

biggdogg

Didn’t look good, that’s for sure..

I read a rumor that he’s been playing with a partially torn meniscus
If that is indeed the case, the I'd wager that it's no longer partially torn...

BornToHuntAndFish

Sports radio game reports sounded like Acuna was in lots of pain with this injury.

Acuña exits with left knee soreness after scary moment on basepaths

46 minutes ago

the reigning National League MVP made a move toward third base, turned back and then screamed while falling to the ground.
Acuña grabbed his left knee while being evaluated by the Braves' medical staff. He limped off the field under his own power, but he had to stop briefly near first base.
Acuña tore his right anterior cruciate ligament in the 2021 season. His only previous left knee injury occurred in 2018, when he hyperextended it while trying to beat out an infield single at Fenway Park.

BornToHuntAndFish

Sorry about losing Acuna this season again, but wish he would learn to take better care of his health. Wonder who's gonna get the next injury as the epidemic continues for the Braves, unfortunately.

Acuña has torn ACL, will miss rest of season

10 minutes ago

Ronald Acuña Jr. will miss the rest of the 2024 season after an MRI on Sunday night revealed a complete tear of the ACL in his left knee.
Acuña’s injury comes just one day before the Braves plan to welcome back both Sean Murphy and Austin Riley to their lineup.

DannyW

The Brave's preseason Cy Young candidate (Strider) out for season.

The Brave's preseason MVP candidate (Acuna) out for season.

AA once again looking like a genius by getting Chris Sale (new Brave's Cy Young candidate) and Adam Duvall (serviceable RF replacement) in the off-season.