Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Dub, From a standing and bench position, the fit was good. Did not check other shooting positions. The Burris scope tube is so short that I had to cut off part of the Talley ramp to fit with medium Talley Rings??????. Before that the 2 piece Talley combined scope and rings were almost on the objective and eye piece so I sent those back plus the low rings did not provide enough clearance. No room even with the present one piece Talley Ramp and medium rings to adjust the eye relief much. I would need high rings to do that which does not make any sense to me for a 40 mm objective. Should have probably gone to a gun store to get a proper setup but sidelined due to hip surgery. Wife will not drive me due to COVID and gun store too far to limp too

Harry045, good luck on your elk hunt.

Understood.

Hoping that hip heals up well and you are able to enjoy the things you have planned.

Gonna be some fun hunting.

Gonna follow you lead one day and get some new knees & a shoulder installed. :rofl: Until then I'm gonna keep after it and enjoy things as they come.

That elk hunt is going to be great.

Lilly001

7.62x39 Ruger.
Bought it for my grandson and grandniece to use when they visit.
They both just turned 11.

Attachments

• 57C72C9B-A1AE-4462-A33E-092DC7195CFD.jpeg
    57C72C9B-A1AE-4462-A33E-092DC7195CFD.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 19

Lilly001

Lilly my cousin hunts with one of those and he has killed some really nice deer with it. Its about like shooting a 30-30.
Yes.
I obtained some Tula 154 gr soft points for it (only “hunting ammo” That I could find). It is listed at about 2200 FPS and the 150 gr 30-30 is listed at about 2300 FPS so it is a gnat hair difference.
Im hoping to find some Hornady ammo as it seems to be the best rated.
But until then, this will do.
Im anxious to shoot it. The rifle has really good reviews.

Lilly001

@Lilly001 I have a few boxes of 123gr SP and a box of Winchester Super-X 123gr SP if you get in a pinch for them to have something to hunt with.
I appreciate the offer.
I’ll see how the Tula 154’s shoot first. I’ve read mixed reviews on them.
It’ll be Thanksgiving, at the earliest, before they can get up here (their Moms think school is more important) so I might try it out before then.
Just to make sure it works OK.

pacecars

It is tight for sure and has the factory action job. Can’t wait to fire it. Might not say that after I actually do but what’s a little (yeah right) recoil?

Gator89

Yes.
I obtained some Tula 154 gr soft points for it (only “hunting ammo” That I could find). It is listed at about 2200 FPS and the 150 gr 30-30 is listed at about 2300 FPS so it is a gnat hair difference.
Im hoping to find some Hornady ammo as it seems to be the best rated.
But until then, this will do.
Im anxious to shoot it. The rifle has really good reviews.

If you find any PPU soft points, buy them, they shoot great.

snooker1

No I did not buy it today but it is now ready to shoot. About a year ago I ended up with 10 boxes of Hornady Match 6.5 Creedmoor 147 gr ELD ammo. I did not own a 6.5 Creedmoor, but one should never turn down a good deal on ammo. A few months later I decided to get a new rifle so I purchased a Browning X-Blot ****'s Canyon Max in 6.5. The rifle sat in my safe for months because I could not decided on optics for it. I had a Nightforce in my hand several times, but always talked myself out of it. I ended up with a Vortex scope. I have 2 others and I am very pleased with them. I went with the Venom 5-25X56 FFP. I am going to test it out tomorrow.

Attachments

• 6.5 Browning .jpg
    6.5 Browning .jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Ammo.jpg
    Ammo.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 17

snooker1

Man did I come close!!!!!
S&W 657 3" Custom Shop
i was a little short

I have been eyeing a 1970 colt python still in the original box with the original paperwork. The seller and I are still at different prices, I know what it's worth and he knows what he can get for it from the right person. He has called me back twice over the past 4 months each time dropping his price a little. It's a waiting game for me.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have been eyeing a 1970 colt python still in the original box with the original paperwork. The seller and I are still at different prices, I know what it's worth and he knows what he can get for it from the right person. He has called me back twice over the past 4 months each time dropping his price a little. It's a waiting game for me.

I think this one is from the '80s. This one has the hard blue box too....I know what the other offers were. Hard to get a real book value since it is a 1 of custom shop special order.

Reactions: Dub

Kowtown

I know I can if I come off it :D
EL4jzXP.jpg

deerslayer357

Bought a browning x bolt bells canyon speed in 300 win mag used with a Leopold vx3i 4-14x40 on it in Talley rings. Will have my hands on it Wednesday and just have to figure out what I am gonna load for it. Any recommendations? Gonna be used mostly for deer and hopefully a few elk.

Status
Not open for further replies.