Election Blues

Backlasher82

This thread doesn't have to be about the election or politics, just music, but I'm going to post up a few songs in a semi-political vein to kick things off. Starting with the 2016 election theme song.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Since we going full commie......anything by RATM would be appropriate this November.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I would post some Rage Against The Machine but it would get me banded

I tolt my son they were worth listening to, cain't hardly understand the lyrics anyway......he just shakes his head at the last few minutes of Killin' in the Name of.

Backlasher82

Last political song, this one is even more relevant today than it was in 1969. Another song ahead of it's time, the more things change the more they remain the same.

"The spirit was freedom and justice
And its keepers seemed generous and kind
Its leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
Now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told.

Now it's a monster and will not obey"

Backlasher82

I would post some Rage Against The Machine but it would get me banded

Yeah, it would sure get you banned but Killing in the Name would almost be worth it.:flag:

Since we going full commie......anything by RATM would be appropriate this November.

I don't know if any of their stuff wouldn't get you banned, certainly none of my favorites would pass.:D

Backlasher82

As promised, this one ain't political. I don't think there's anything less political than Apolitical Blues. Little Feat will most likely make several appearances in this thread.;)

joey1919

I thought of a couple that might not get me banded

RATM covering Bob Dylan's "Maggie's Farm"

this one seems appropriate (Sleep Now In The Fire)

but this is how I feel after this election season

Backlasher82

I hadn't heard that version of Maggie's Farm before, I like it! Funny how everybody else does Dylan's songs better than he does. :D

And Whipping Post has to be at the top of the Allman Brother's best.:cool:

This great old Blackfoot song seems appropriate.

cmfireman

I think Sturgill Simpson's "Call to Arms" is one of the best protest songs written lately.

I was listening to it the other day and thought it was probably the most angst-ridden song I've heard since "Bulls on Parade".

That guitar part where he's running up the fretboard furiously and then it breaks into the horns section!:shoot::shoot::shoot:

I won't link it because of language.That entire album is phenomenal in my opinion.

joey1919

I think Sturgill Simpson's "Call to Arms" is one of the best protest songs written lately.

I was listening to it the other day and thought it was probably the most angst-ridden song I've heard since "Bulls on Parade".

That guitar part where he's running up the fretboard furiously and then it breaks into the horns section!:shoot::shoot::shoot:

I won't link it because of language.That entire album is phenomenal in my opinion.

I was thinking about that song myself. We need more song writers like Sturgill.

joey1919

I hadn't heard that version of Maggie's Farm before, I like it! Funny how everybody else does Dylan's songs better than he does. :D

if you like that one, try this.

these guys are one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Saw them at a couple of dive bars I used to play at. Insane energy on stage and their guitar player is an absolute beast.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
The Rainmakers-Government Cheese

Backlasher82

if you like that one, try this.

these guys are one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Saw them at a couple of dive bars I used to play at. Insane energy on stage and their guitar player is an absolute beast.

Another winner!:cool:

You know, Dylan actually does a good job on that one. There's a few that he does pretty well, like Rosemary, Lilly and the Jack of Hearts that are pretty hard to beat.

Latest posts