JT and Bubba Live From The Tree to finish the season.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good luck!! My season has about turned crappy. Loggers thinned up to our line on 2 sides, hunters on another side, and the remaining side is wide open, been plowed to plant pines. WOuldnt be a big deal, but only hunt 40 acres. Be safe fellas.

Do you have any food plots?

Havana Dude

Do you have any food plots?
Milkman, it’s mostly swamp. I have a couple places cleared out for small plots, and have planted in the past. 2 things seem to generally happen. Heavy rains typically leave them in standing water. And if that doesn’t gettem, they get covered up in the fall leaves since they are fairly small. We do sling corn pretty liberally. Would have been a great year to plant though, as it has been a dry year for us so far.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm up and kicking, gonna do a few things around camp and town and be back in a tree fairly early for the afternoon hunt. Maybe even get a lil nap in ?

See y'all in a few hours.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
How long are yall hunting for?

I'm only here thru today. Heading back to work tomorrow. Bubba said he is expecting to be here a few days.

Really just a couple sits for old times sake

Be back in an hour or so

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand. Calling this my last sit of the season. Been a heckuva ride, but it's time to put an end to it.

I'm back in H1 ladder, same as yesterday afternoon. I saw a ton of deer here including 2 solid bucks, one which aughta be shot. Be really good if they start early today instead of waiting till dark like last eve.

It's hot and windy. 53 with a warm NW gale just about dead in my face. Not good for hunting January in the Midwest, but what do you do?

Good luck to those still hammering down!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Still no deer. They are about an hour behind from yesterday, although the huge bulk showed up at dead dark. Never been shutout here and don't expect this to be the 1st time.

Always amazes me how deer can turn in and off...and turkeys and fish. One day every gobbler in woods is hammering and the next day you would swear there wasn't one for miles.

Maybe hour and 15 left.

In a hayfield planted in rye grass. It’s nice and green surrounded by cutover on all sides. Looking for a nice fat doe to top the freezer off. 47 degrees with no wind should see some deer in the last 30 minutes of day. Last sit of the season for me. Good luck to you all!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
8 does and babies and a young buck just showed up.

Come on baby or big boy!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Biggest is a 3yr old 8 that I've seen a few times this season. He'll be solid if we ever see him again.

Up to 10 now. All staying about 50 yards out

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just about done. Sumn spooked a bunch of them and the field in front cleared. Field to right still has a bunch. 2 young bucks have been sparring hard for 20 minutes making an awful racket...that's always welcome ?.

Been a great season like always. Just gotta hope I've got at least one more November in me.

If sumn changes I'll let you know, otherwise I'm closing it down. Thanks for everything and for following and contributing here and all across the web. Y'all are appreciated.

Later people

IMG_20200105_36988.jpg

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to give it a go. Sorry you gotta head back JT. Hope Bubba can get into some good whitetail action the next few days.

Meriwether Mike

Way to fight till the end. Never give up on deer season till the calendar says its over.

Gbr5pb

Good to read and follow. Was hoping to get a couple more sits in but 88 years old MIL not doing good so wife staying with her so having to babysit