Testimony of a Jew who got Saved

Tn_Extreme

Banned
I have had a very interesting life, with some unique experiences. I was born and raised in a middle-class, Jewish home. Though not very religious, we went to the temple for most of the holidays, and kept many of the Jewish traditions. I was BarMitzvah'd at age 13, after years of Hebrew school and religious training. My religious training consisted of bouncing superballs, trading comic books, and flipping baseball cards. We read Bible stories in books about Jewish people, but I never owned nor even saw an Old Testament. I saw the Tenach, (torah), first 5 books of Old Testament and we had prayer books as well. My religious books were a joke. They made Bible stories sound as believable as AESOPs' fables, very liberal teaching.

I was a teen; I had no need for religion I figured anyway. I supposed if there was a God, and a life hereafter I would go to the good place cause I was a good guy. If not, I figured my body would make good fertilizer when I died. The only time in my whole life unto adulthood, I heard the name of Christ as a curse word. I also was called a Christ killer in elementary school. I had no idea who Christ really was, only that I didn't kill him. I knew Catholics and some people from other religions. But, I was taught if you were not a Jew, you were a Christian. I knew Christians hated and persecuted Jews all throughout their history. So all my friends were people who kept their religious beliefs to themselves. I just grew up doing my thing, being a bit of a troublemaker in school. I thought I was kind of slick, managing to get away with all my antics. I was a smart mouthed, trouble making punk.

The only time anybody ever tried to tell me about Jesus was my junior year in high school. He was a Catholic that told me he had been born again, and was now a Baptist. I mocked him and wanted nothing to do with some crazy religious fanatic.

I wanted to be rich, to have new cars, travel, etc. My God was money. I couldn't wait to graduate and find a good paying job. I figured if I had money, I'd surely be happy. I found a good job and spent money like it was going out of style. I ran up debts like my job and bank account would last forever. Unfortunately work became slow and I was laid off.

I had a scam going with a buddy. We went into stores and changed price tags on items to real cheap prices, purchased them and sold them as at a profit. I thought it was just getting a bargain, not stealing; the store could afford it. One day my buddy said it was wrong, it was stealing. He said since he is a Christian, it must stop. I was livid. He was messing up my money making scheme.

That started a very intense period in my life. I started challenging him on what he believed and why he believed it. He had few answers. This angered me even more, that he'd give up our scam for nothing. Although I'd never admit it to him, I felt empty inside. I had chucked Judaism and tried worshiping things but they didn't satisfy. About this time he started going to college so I figured I'd check out college too. Why not? Maybe the answers I was seeking could be found in knowledge.

I took some courses in Philosophy, Psychology and World Religions. I was interested in what was going on out there. I was surprised to see that there were some differences in religions. I had thought they all believed the same thing. I checked out some Korean religion where they prayed to this thing on the wall called a gonyo. But nobody could even tell me what they were saying except it was supposed to make you rich and all that good stuff. I also checked into some other religions like Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, but they didn't seem right to me. I was on a quest for "truth" and would leave no stone unturned on my quest, except Christianity. I knew Jews don't become Christians.

My conversations/arguments with my friend increased about Christianity. This searching process continued over a couple year period. I decided one day to see what was in this Bible that I had heard about. There was a Christian bookstore at a local mall, and I decided to go in and buy this Bible. I remember being very cautious, as I went into the bookstore to be sure nobody I knew was around. I'd hate to been seen in that place, I was shocked that there were so many Bibles. This search sure wasn't getting any easier. The manager helped me pick out a Bible and I went out in the mall to start reading it. I had many questions and few answers. I figured I could debunk this Christian stuff and move on to the next step. I decided I'd start at the beginning of the New Testament, with Matthew. I challenged God before starting. And said, "If you are who you say you are, then show me why the Jews don't believe in Jesus." A challenge I assumed He couldn't answer. When I read Matthew 28:11-15, I was shocked. God answered my question and I knew all those years I had been lied to. I then told God I believed in him, and Jesus.

I honestly didn't know what I believed in but knew truth had just smacked me in the face, and woke me up. My next concern was what do I do next?

My buddy was going to a Catholic Church and so I wound up there. My first mass felt very strange. I knelt on the floor the whole time. I had no idea they had kneelers. This was the first time I had been in any church in my lifetime. I was baptized, confirmed and had first communion after going to some religious classes. I really got into novenas, prayers to saints and Mary, and every other ritual I could find. I had no idea what I was doing but the church said it was the thing to do so I listened.

Catholicism was very much like Judaism, with a little of Jesus thrown in with many rituals, prayers and much tradition. I assumed all churches were the same anyway. During this time, while going to school at Cleveland State, I became involved in the Newman Center. It is an on campus group of Catholics. They were people my age that I could talk to and they even had guitar mass, which I really enjoyed

In retrospect, like my ancestors after being set free, I returned to slavery. I was trying to earn my salvation, hoping I was good enough to get to heaven. I read my Bible less and less. I had no concept of grace. Ignorance is not bliss. Religion is the opiate of the masses.

I began to have discussions with other students and the Priests, and had more questions than answers. I was confused, things just didn't seem to agree with the Bible, at times. I saw the hypocrisy in the priests and others and especially myself. One day I walked down the street to downtown Cleveland and met a man that would change my life.

It is amazing how God can change a person. It is also amazing how He puts people in our lives at just the right time, coincidence, nope Godincidence! If I had met this man before I would have mocked him or at best ignored him. Yes, me, Mr. Cool, became a fool, a fool for Christ (1 Cor. 1:18-25). This middle-aged black man was standing outside May Co. on Public Square in downtown Cleveland, preaching and singing with his guitar. I had never met anybody so bold in my life, so I stopped to talk to him. His name was Orris Price and he ran a Downtown Bible club. I thank God for this man because I don't know what would have happened to me, if I hadn't met him. This shows the importance and impact one person can have on another. The other thing I'll never forget is that God can use anybody, if they are willing. If God used a donkey to talk to Balaam, He can use me. (Numbers 22:23-25.)

Mr. Price took me under his wings and mentored me. I felt like a fish out of water at first; I had never heard all these hymns before. I had many questions - Why this? Why that? Is the Catholic Church teaching me the truth? The Lord equipped him with wisdom. He'd say, "Read your bible, what does it say?" He forced me into the word. He challenged me, "don't just tell what you believe, tell me why you believe it." He taught me to street preach wearing a sandwich board on the streets, with Isaiah 53:5 on one side and another scepter on the other side. I began to visit many of the Black Baptist Churches in the area wearing my Jesus made me kosher (kasrite), clean fit for service.

Through the years as I grew in the Lord many doors have opened, many dealing with teens, which is my heart's burden. I was never told as a teen about Jesus and have dedicated my life to giving teens at least the opportunity to hear the gospel. I have worked for inter-varsity, campus life and was even youth pastor for a few years at a Baptist church. Through the years the Lord has continued to work in my life, and has taught me very much. I have had the privilege to be blessed by many great friends on and off-line. I have traveled all over the USA, seeing this awesome country. I am under construction, and unsure what is in store for me next. I have no bible degree, but attend the school of hard knocks. I am a Graduate in heaven. I have completed some series from Moody Bible correspondence school. And would enjoy taking more classes when able to. My life is an open book, if anybody has any questions, ask me and I will answer. I am available to speak to any group anytime and anyplace that the Lord leads.

In my years as a Christian, after not growing up in the church, I have a few observations. I am saddened by many who have never read the Old Testament. If you want to understand the Church you need to understand Israel, and if you want to understand the New Testament you need to understand the Old Testament. Also, the Church has lost its Jewish roots, I was shocked to find out that Jesus and the disciples were Jewish. If the church has any intention of reaching the Jews it needs to understand Jewish holidays and basic Judaism. My life verses are 1 Cor 9:19-23. If we want to win someone to Christ we need to understand them, walk a mile in their shoes. We need not be so quick to judge each other. We need to be known for our love. It has been said that the Christian army is the only army that shoots its wounded.

Also the lack of money spent on reaching the youth is shameful - they are our most precious resource, There is a great battle going on for the minds of our kids and we are not winning. I call myself a completed Jew because, Jesus made me whole before Christ; I knew part of the story but when I accepted Jesus into my life He completed me. I read the New Testament and read as they say 'the rest of this story."

Shalom, Jeff

Tn_Extreme

Banned
And another

I was brought up Jewish, went to Shabbat quite faithfully each Friday and Hebrew school twice a week and was Bar Mitzvahed and confirmed. While attending classes I asked a lot of questions the Rabbi could not answer. I became less interested in the traditional religion of my parents and feeling hindered in my spiritual development, leaped head first in to my own brand of freestyle spirituality after graduation.

I got involved in the New Age Movement, became a vegetarian and for 15 years practiced yoga and meditation. I ended up using psychedelic drugs (LSD, mescaline etc.), as part of my regular religious observances and smoked "pakalolo" as part of my normal lifestyle. During these times I also experimented with various religions and the occult. I felt they each contained some part of the truth of the one "true" religion, just as Rosicrucianism teaches all religions are petals on the same flower.

I studied about the Ancient Masters of the East, learning about Buddhism and Zen and believed in the Ascended Masters. I was involved with UFO’s and channeled messages. I had a number of spiritual experiences which at the time I thought were from God. I was sure I was on the right spiritual path. At the same time I also read the Bible, not denying my Jewish roots. I was starting to read over 50 books a year, having an insatiable spiritual appetite, but God was working on my exit out of this spiritual bondage.

I had also started to surf before beginning my spiritual pilgrimage. I fell in love with the sport and began traveling, surfing and entering contests. Surfing became my livelihood after I learned to shape surfboards for a living. I was the eastern surfing champion for two years and Hawaii proved to be an irresistible attraction due to its fantastic surf. I moved permanently to Hawaii in the mid 70's. This gave me more freedom to pursue both my first love of surfing and my freelance spirituality. After nine years my searching came to a head when I and my girlfriend Kathy started to pursue our spiritual hunger more seriously and became involved in the "I Am Movement" (the Saint Germaine Society of the Ballards). We thought we were becoming enlightened. reading books about the Ascended Masters and "learning" about Earth’s past history on Lemuria and Atlantis. Through calling on angels and powers unknown to us and by "decreeing" and using the Violet Consuming Flame to eradicate past life karma, we desired to become servants of the New Age movement. At the time Kathy was practicing affirmations, mantras, studying herbology, polarity therapy, kinesiology and learning about the supposed spiritual energies of the body. She also was a manager of a health store on the Island.

The Lord started moving ahead with our rescue plan and during one week I had two friends over who had recently became Christians. We talked about end-time events for hours. (At this time we both thought Christians were very narrow minded about their view of the Bible, God and the world. Kathy and I used to laugh about how the New Age was coming in without Christians even being aware of it and were still trying to live in the old traditions and were not going to be part of it). Later that week my friends invited us to a seminar that was going to be about the New Age Movement with speakers Dave Hunt, Johanna Michaelson and Hal Lindsey. Talk about timing! It was also during that same week that I heard an audible voice that said "I am the Lord your God, you shall not want." I recognized this was from Psalm 23 and had never experienced anything like it. Inside I knew this was the God I was searching for but still did not know.

I attended the Christian conference on Bible prophecy and the New Age Movement that week while Kathy stayed home doing her New Age affirmations. She wasn't feeling well and unknowingly had really been going through a spiritual battle all that week. At the conference I was shocked to hear the other side of the story. The information I heard seemed incredible. The speakers knew all about the occult techniques Kathy and I were following and about the New Age Movement’s master plans. I spoke to Dave Hunt briefly during a break and had a number of important questions answered. I was also challenged by Dave on the occult practices in which I was personally practicing. When the conference resumed Johanna spoke and I was relating to a lot she had experienced, especially in regards to the Ascended Master "Jesus". Then she spoke about another Jesus – the true Jesus of the Bible - which came as a total shock. When she prayed it pierced my heart. I knew I had heard the truth but the question was, what would I do about it?

All the way home I wrestled with the wasted time I had spent believing and doing the wrong things for the past 15 years. (At this time they both thought Christians were very narrow minded about their view of the Bible, God and the world. They used to laugh about how the New age is coming in and Christians weren't even aware of it. And were still trying to live in the old traditions and were not going to be part of it.)

Kathy was waiting up for me when I got home. It was late and she was scared that I would come home a Christian! But a peace came in the house and on her, as I shared about how the Christians viewed the last days and how it wasn't anything like what we were being taught. It was then that the Holy Spirit revealed to Kathy that not only were we following the wrong Jesus, but that we were worshiping Satan, and that he is a literal being. Then the fear of God fell upon us and for the first time we got down on our knees and prayed to the true living God to forgive us for the occult beliefs we had been deceived into practicing. The Lord got the last laugh.

The next morning we both went to church and for the first time heard the gospel and dedicated our lives to the Lord, repenting and asking Christ to forgive us. Thank the Lord He intervened. We were saved together in the year 1986. After going to church and receiving Christ, it was later that week I found out that it was on the 20th anniversary of my confirmation day when God spoke that previous week. The last thing I read to the congregation in the temple 20 years before had been Proverbs 4:1 "Hear my children, the instruction of a Father, and give attention to know understanding, for I have given you good doctrine forsake not my law." Unfortunately I did forsake it for 20 years, but God brought me and my soon-to-be wife back. Five weeks after our spiritual birth Kathy and I were married and today have a nine year old son.

Immediately, I began to study the Bible and learn apologetics in order to give answers to those who ask why we believe in Christ and why Jesus is God in the flesh. For over 13 years I have continued teaching on the cults and aberrant world views including how the cults deny grace and opt for works to be accepted by God. These include the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and also the occult (New Age world view) which is now very present inside the Church.

By the grace of God I have had the privilege to have taught at Youth With A Mission, Hope Chapels, Calvary Chapels, Church of Christ, United Methodist Church, Grace Brethren, Assembly of God and various other Hawaii congregations. I have also had the opportunity to share in small group studies around the Island and have also been involved in a number of debates. The Lord has currently provided us with the opportunity to host a TV program and a live call-in broadcast called "Let Us Reason" on a local Christian station as well as to be featured on several other live radio broadcasts in Hawaii. I am also a missionary for Witness Inc., the world’s largest counter cult ministry reaching out to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Let Us Reason Ministries was founded in 1994 as an up-to-date apologetic resource center to instill both confidence and a desire to lead others to Christ by helping equip believers with both Biblical, and logical answers for the Christian faith. It’s my hope that this ministry will be able to prompt believers to personally meet and evangelize those in cults and false religions as well as discern false doctrine within the Church.

Mike Oppenheimer, Let Us Reason Ministries, LetUsReason.org

Dixie Dawg

That's a shame..... :( I'd be willing to bet though that the percentage of folks who leave Christianity for Judaism (converts or not) is much greater than the percentage of Jews who convert to Christianity.... seems the ones who convert to Christianity are more usually the ones who don't know their Jewish beliefs very well!

Tell ya what... I'll see your backsliders and raise you a conversion! :) :cheers:

By Bruce James
I wrote the following article which was published in the Baltimore Jewish Times on April 10, 1981. It has been excerpted in the book "Becoming Jewish" by Rabbi Maurice Lamm.

"You're a convert? Gee. That's interesting. If you don't mind my asking, why did you do it?"

I suppose every convert to Judaism is asked the question and I've gotten used to it, but there is another comment I often hear that is disturbing:

"You're a convert? There must have been a girl."

Oy!

A lot of people just can't believe that there is something in the Jewish religion worth having. Something that someone from the accepted, middle-class WASP world would want. So when a Jewish person makes this comment, I have to realize my patience and explain why I converted and how much value there is in being Jewish.

I doubt that my parents will ever understand why I converted. All they see now is a yarmulka on the head of a son who's not the same person they watched grow up.

But I am the same person. Yes, I keep my head covered, pray three times a day, put on tefillin, keep a kosher home and stomach, keep Shabbos strictly, and observe other laws that, in my parents' eyes, link me with the most fanatic and backward cult in the world. When I come home, it's not as if their son came home, rather it's as if they received a visit from someone from another planet.

Still, it is doubtful that I could have become an Orthodox Jew without important training I received at home.

My parents gave me a firm belief in G-d, a dedication to honesty and consistency, and a love for all people. Without these values I would have been lost in an agnostic world full of contradictions and ethical conflicts.

I was 16 when I decided to become a Jew. But even at 14 or 15 I was very religious, active in my church and giving thought to someday becoming a minister as had my great-great-grandfather. I was developing ideas that were different from standard Christian doctrine: not knowing any alternative, though, I decided to use them in a Christian context.

But all that changed one Friday night. My church confirmation class made a field trip to the synagogue in my hometown, Colorado Springs, Colorado. After the service, the rabbi stayed on and answered our questions.

One student asked if the color of the rabbi's skullcap meant anything. No, he said. He has one to match his blue suit and others to match different articles of clothing. Another person asked him why they had somebody else (a cantor) sing the service. "Because he has a better voice than I have," he answered quickly with a grin.

But I was cocky, and still believing that Jesus was Messiah, I baited the rabbi:

"Has the Messiah come yet?" I asked.

"No," he said. "Look at all the suffering in the world."

"When will he come?"

"Certainly not until we get better for him."

"Then why should he come?"

"Exactly."

I was stunned. Obviously, his answers to my questions were brief and over-simplified. But he hit me with one of my own theories that had no source in Christian doctrine: man plays a key role in the salvation of the world. The world is not doomed to destruction, and man may be, ultimately, perfectible.

I continued my studies of the New Testament. I was disturbed that the enlightenment of Jesus was fizzled by the narrow-minded doctrine of the Apostle Paul. Yet, when I finished my confirmation training, I was at the top of my class. On a test of Bible knowledge, the average score was 20 to 40 points. I scored an 88, double the next highest.

Then my minister asked everyone in my class to write a statement of faith. This would be used when the church elders considered our application for membership in the Presbyterian Church.

I prepared my paper with the same glee that Martin Luther must have had when he wrote his attack on the Catholic Church. First I attacked the way the Jewish ideas of Jesus had been cast away by Paul and other Church leaders and substituted with customs and values from pagan religions -- often without benefit of any symbolic tie-in -- all to make Christianity more marketable.

Then I attacked the dualism of Christianity. The devil got the blame for everything, I wrote with tongue in cheek, but where would Christianity be without the devil? What would motivate people to do good if not for the threat of eternal ****ation?

One of the elders eventually read my piece. He told me that I had some interesting ideas. And he recommended me for membership. I couldn't believe it. Didn't the Church have any standards? I should have refused membership at that point. But at the time, I felt I really had no choice but to accept.

One day I just stopped going to church. But that didn't send me to the synagogue. I didn't know anything about Judaism. But I did know that I didn't like the way Christianity had developed. In my mind, what had begun as a Jewish cult, in a short time, became a religion that preached love and fought wars.

One day, just by accident, I started reading Chaim Potok's "My Name is Asher Lev." Although some people call the book anti-Jewish, I became captivated with the idea that Jews have laws and live by them. That little bit of inspiration sent me back through history to learn at what point Christianity had abandoned Jewish values, what Jewish values it had abandoned, and why Jews have persisted in maintaining these values for 2,000 years. Before long, I was telling people -- actually promising people -- that I would become a Jew.

People ask me when I first knew I had to be Jewish. I don't remember any one particular event. I have a feeling that there was a voice talking to me every night as I slept telling me that I was destined to become a Jew. The more I heard it, the more convinced I became.

I really do believe that I was meant to be a Jew.

There is a Chassidic thought that all righteous converts were at Mount Sinai with every other Jew, born and unborn. The difference is converts were born of the "wrong" parents. [I later found out that my great, great, great, great great grandfather was Gov. David Emanuel, who served as Georgia's governor in 1801, and who had converted to Christianity from Judaism.]

I studied for four years before I found the courage to go to a rabbi and ask to be converted. He put me on a long and rigorous study plan after he was convinced of my sincerity. All along I found that my own ideas I had developed before talking with any Jews were in fact Jewish. Sometimes word-for-word. I've met other observant converts with similar experiences.

Many people convert through Conservative or Reform rabbis. But I became Orthodox because I felt that I had to go all the way in order to be consistent and honest with myself.

The basic question I had to ask myself is what makes a Jew? We learn that the Jews are the chosen people. But it is not just that G-d chose the Jews, but more importantly that the Jews chose G-d.

We chose not only to believe in His existence and kingship over the world, but we also chose to accept His commandments. In any conversion, Reform, Conservative, or Orthodox, the male convert must undergo circumcision.

If he had been circumcised as a baby, then even a ritual bris milah must be performed by drawing a drop of blood. Why should anyone want to go through such an ordeal just to say he's Jewish and to go to temple on Friday nights? Circumcision is performed on converts because this is one of the commandments that G-d gave to Abraham. Notice I said commandment. Not suggestion.

We were given more than the 10 commandments. G-d gave us 613 commandments at Mount Sinai. He commanded strict observance of the Sabbath. He commanded us to keep kosher homes, not because kosher food is better for you (would G-d command us to do something that isn't healthy?), but because He wanted us to be holy and separate from the pagan world. For us it should be enough that He commanded it.

My parents taught me to be consistent. It wouldn't be right for me to look at all of America's laws and decide to keep every law except those laws concerned with stealing. Life might be easier if I could take things that don't belong to me, but people can't just choose to observe those laws that are most convenient to them.

In the same sense, I don't feel right going through the Torah and then deciding only to keep certain commandments and not to accept the others because I think they are outdated or inconvenient.

Being honest with yourself and consistent to your principles is never cheap. I had to give up my dream of being a newspaper reporter because American newspapers don't hire people who can't cover a breaking story whenever it happens. And I've had to risk breaking up the good relationship I've had with my parents. Although there is great tension, fortunately I am still on speaking terms with them.

The conflict with my parents came to a head one night when they visited me. My mother was crying as she asked me if the Bible said I was supposed to honor them. "You've rejected your religion. You've given up your career. I suppose next you'll reject your country [and leave for Israel]. When are you going to reject us?"

It's hard to deal with such arguments. They come from an emotional level it's best for me to stay away from. The Torah says that even if your parents do not observe G-d's commandments or even curse G-d, you are never to show disrespect to them. So I listened to them as they vented their frustrations and kept quiet most of the night. I did explain to them that I can't break G-d's commandments. [Over time the relationship warmed. I gave the eulogy on behalf of my brothers and mother at my father’s funeral in 1999.]

The rabbi I studied with made very sure that I understood this and that I also understood that in many ways my mother and father would cease to be my parents. When they die, for example, I cannot observe the laws of mourning for them, no matter how beneficial it might be for me. And, he said, I would never be as close to them as I once was. He was right.

But I still love them. I love a lot of people who perhaps look at me as a freak today. Maybe I'm not always tolerant of people around me.

For example, I would prefer that more Jews convert to Judaism. But my father and mother taught me how to love all kinds of people; to give freely of myself and of my possessions. In a way, they gave me my first lessons in the laws of tzedakah, charity. Because of it, I'm a better Jew.

I couldn't wait to become a Jew. But the conversion process is long and frustrating. Some people never get beyond the first stage. I know one rabbi who weeds out the less sincere by first teaching them the laws of family purity -- those laws which restrict the times when a husband and wife can sleep together. He told me he likes to "hit them below the belt" to see if they are really sincere.

Many Jews have come to me and said that I know so much more than the average Jew. I don't see that as a point of pride; in fact, I find it very sad. When I was studying with my rabbi, I was sure that I knew enough to be converted. But my rabbi waited. I think his goal was to convert me when he was sure I knew enough but when I realized that I need to learn a lot more Torah.

Finally, I went to the mikvah to be immersed in its warm waters and complete my conversion, and I felt elation and joy I've never felt before. Many people will never understand why. But all at once I had the very positive feeling of completing one difficult assignment successfully, and having another challenging assignment before me. The boss liked my work, and now He was giving me a new challenge He knew I could handle.

POSTSCRIPT: My studies of Judaism did not end with my conversion in June 1980. I continued my studies, as all Jews should. In 1997, I undertook the daily discipline of studying Talmud in the international Daf Yomi program -- a process where the student learns one folio page a day until the entire Talmud is completed -- some 7 1/2 years later. I completed the entire Talmud, along with thousands of others around the world, on March 1, 2005, and then started all over again. For the 20th anniversary of my conversion, I thought I would challenge myself by teaching an entire folio page to my Daf Yomi group, and then host a party for the completion of that tractate. I wrote to Art Scroll -- the publishers of the best translation of the Talmud -- and asked to see a draft of their translation of the last page of Kesubos to assist me. The response I got startled me. They had not started, but they suggested that I try translating that page for publication "to make my simcha [celebration] more special." At first I declined, and then regretted that I hadn't obtained the skills over 20 years. A couple of days later I agreed to undertake the project and completed it three months later. My name appears in the editorial credits for Volume III of the Art Scroll translation of Kesubos.

http://judaism.about.com/od/conversiontojudaism/a/baruch.htm

SBG

Good posts Tn...thanks for sharing.

Hawkeye

THis is very common testimony in My Ministry, I was also borned into a Jewish home, But I accepted the Jewish Messiah in 1957 and have walked both sides of the fence.

It is not necessary nor required that a jew become a so called "Christian".
This is a misunderstanding of the things Paul wrote to the gentiles, a Jew is a Jew wether he Believes in the Christ is Yeshua .
It was required of the gentiles to convert to the God of Israel who manifested himself in the flesh as Yeshua(Jesus) and to keep only the Noachide laws, since the laws of Moses were never given to gentiles to begin with.

Yet all the apostles who were Jewish remained keeping the Torah and the Holidays, including Paul who told Gentiles not to.

So there is a difference between Jews and Christians as to how to believe and what to keep and that is where gentiles who try to preach to jews loose it.
You cannot ask a jew to leave his traditions and teachings and become as a gentile, nor does the New Testament says gentiles should become Jews.

The Jews still have an opened and unfulfill covenant with God, and God said that covenant is eternal, plus He would also send a new covenant so Christian Jews are under both covenants , while gentiles are only under teh new ovenant of Grace and faith in the Jewish Messiah.

Shalom

ilikembig

Awesome reading - thank you for the walk

SBG

Hawkeye said:
The Jews still have an opened and unfulfill covenant with God, and God said that covenant is eternal, plus He would also send a new covenant so Christian Jews are under both covenants , while gentiles are only under teh new ovenant of Grace and faith in the Jewish Messiah.

Shalom

Thank God for His grace!

For Christian and Messianic Jew as well.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Deleted, I thought my response was misleading and off topic.

Last edited:

270win

Actually, we're seeing many Jews accept the Messiah today. I was shocked to find that the majority of Jews in Israel are agnostic... I don't know why, I guess I just thought that most Jews would believe in God...

Thanks for sharing those testimonies Tn.

Be Blessed,

Hawkeye

Spotlite said:
The book of Acts explained that pretty well, the Jews saw that the Gentiles recieved the Holy Ghost just as they did and it all comes down to one body of Christ:huh: Jesus said this was for all to recieve, not just a certain group or orginization, correct?

That is Correct anyone who believes in Yeshua(jesus) God gives them the power to become sons of God, to those that believe in his name.
Jesus did not come to create denominations but to save the world.

Shalom::;

Hawkeye

270win said:
Actually, we're seeing many Jews accept the Messiah today. I was shocked to find that the majority of Jews in Israel are agnostic... I don't know why, I guess I just thought that most Jews would believe in God...

Thanks for sharing those testimonies Tn.

Be Blessed,

It is worse than that, most Jews running the goverment are atheists, who came to Israel from atheists from the USSR.

It is from them that the spiritual Jew will surface to create a Godly Israel, but meanwhile wars will be in the menu.
Until they seek God's face.

We have had thousands of Jews in Israel come to the knowledge of their messiah through out ministry, Jew On Jew.
Because most evangelical churches required the Jew to convert to a form of pagan christendom, most jews will refuse this altered gospel been preached today by gentile churches.

Shalom

270win

Would you say that Jews are receiving Christ in greater numbers recently?

Hawkeye said:

Because most evangelical churches required the Jew to convert to a form of pagan christendom, most jews will refuse this altered gospel been preached today by gentile churches.

Shalom

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Be blessed,

Dixie Dawg

270win said:
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Be blessed,

He's saying that if you want to steal Jewish souls by getting them to convert to Christianity, you have to make Jesus a little more Jewish.

For example, instead of having church on Sunday, have it on Saturday, which is the Jewish Sabbath. But don't call it 'church', call it 'shul' and 'synagogue'. Don't refer to Jesus as "Jesus", call him "Yeshua". Don't call your minister a "pastor", make him "Rabbi". Call your bible the "Tanakh", and the New Testament the "Brit Chadasha". Refer to the Creator as "Hashem". Have lessons that teach how to speak and read Hebrew. During services, pray in Hebrew and have a Torah scroll to read from (in Hebrew). Become familiar with and read other Jewish scriptures such as the Talmud, the Ghemara, etc. Give your children Bat-mitzvahs and Bar-mitzvas. Observe the Jewish holidays, like Hanukkah, Passover, etc. Teach Jewish customs. Wear Jewish garments such as Tzitzit, Kipah/Yarmulkah, etc. Basically, act like you're Jewish. Christianity today has too many pagan overtones to be appealing to Jews.

Madsnooker

Dixie Dawg said:
He's saying that if you want to steal Jewish souls by getting them to convert to Christianity, you have to make Jesus a little more Jewish.

For example, instead of having church on Sunday, have it on Saturday, which is the Jewish Sabbath. But don't call it 'church', call it 'shul' and 'synagogue'. Don't refer to Jesus as "Jesus", call him "Yeshua". Don't call your minister a "pastor", make him "Rabbi". Call your bible the "Tanakh", and the New Testament the "Brit Chadasha". Refer to the Creator as "Hashem". Have lessons that teach how to speak and read Hebrew. During services, pray in Hebrew and have a Torah scroll to read from (in Hebrew). Become familiar with and read other Jewish scriptures such as the Talmud, the Ghemara, etc. Give your children Bat-mitzvahs and Bar-mitzvas. Observe the Jewish holidays, like Hanukkah, Passover, etc. Teach Jewish customs. Wear Jewish garments such as Tzitzit, Kipah/Yarmulkah, etc. Basically, act like you're Jewish. Christianity today has too many pagan overtones to be appealing to Jews.

That's your opinion,;) It has nothing to do with Christianity "today". The bottom line is Christianity is not appealing to Jews becuase they don't believe Jesus is who Christians say he is based on what the Bible says.

270win

"steal Jewish souls"?
From where?

I see the biggest obstacle to overcome in converting to Christianity for Jews is that it means admitting that they murdered their long awaited Messiah.

That and the fact that those members of their families that died without Christ are now suffering for rejecting the Messiah.

That would be the most difficult thing for me to overcome.

Be blessed,

Hawkeye

270win said:
"steal Jewish souls"?
From where?

I see the biggest obstacle to overcome in converting to Christianity for Jews is that it means admitting that they murdered their long awaited Messiah.

That and the fact that those members of their families that died without Christ are now suffering for rejecting the Messiah.

That would be the most difficult thing for me to overcome.

Be blessed,

That is a total misconception on your part, 'll try and make it simple for you, so you can understand what you just said is ridiculous.

I'll start with a question; To whom did God give the oracles of salvation ?

Answer :to the Jews. and in those oracles was the prescription of blood atonement for sins.
So who had the responsibility to sacrifice a blood atonement for the sins ?
Answer :the Jews.

So why are you blaming the Jews for doing what God taught them and they practice for milleniums to do, which was the ultimate human sacrifice for the sins of not only the Jews but the whole world ?

Jesus said no one kills me, I give myself voluntarily.
I'll tell you this much, that statement you made is the very reason why Jews do not believe in the Jesus that evangelicals preach, it stated with the Roman Catholics who did everything possible to remove the Jewish roots of Christianity into the paganal ways of the church today.

Another question would be; where would you be today as a gentile if the Jews had not sacrificed Jesus ? have you thought about that ?

For I tell you he came to "but the house of Israel" , so he said.
Let us say for a moment the Jews had accepted him as Messiah and king, Millions of angels would have come to earth and destroy the Roman system and all the other races around the world as wicked and pagan people.

Where would you be today ? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Read Roman Chapter 11 a couple of times and then get back to me with questions, Thank you
Shalom

270win

If my post offended you, that was not my intent. This is just the testimony of several practicing Jews that became Messianic Jews. This is based on their testimony, not my opinion...

That is a total misconception on your part If it's wrong then it's the incorrect testimony of Messianic Jews that I know personally.

So why are you blaming the Jews for doing what God taught them and they practice for milleniums to do, which was the ultimate human sacrifice for the sins of not only the Jews but the whole world ?Who killed Jesus? Yes, without that sacrifice we would be lost. But they had no idea that He was the Messiah. It's not like they recognized Him and decided they just had to do this to fulfill the prophecies...

Jesus said no one kills me, I give myself voluntarily.
I'll tell you this much, that statement you made is the very reason why Jews do not believe in the Jesus that evangelicals preach, Again, these are just observations based on the testimony of my Jewish friends.it stated with the Roman Catholics who did everything possible to remove the Jewish roots of Christianity into the paganal ways of the church today.I agree, Christianity does observe holidays and festivals that have no scriptural basis. Christianity has also neglected many of the rituals and holidays that Jesus Himself observed... I never said that Christians have it all figured out.

Another question would be; where would you be today as a gentile if the Jews had not sacrificed Jesus ? have you thought about that ?I'd be lost, but again, they had no idea what they were doing, they were looking for a totally different Messiah. One that fit their criteria rather than the one revealed through scripture.

For I tell you he came to "but the house of Israel" , so he said.
Let us say for a moment the Jews had accepted him as Messiah and king, Millions of angels would have come to earth and destroy the Roman system and all the other races around the world as wicked and pagan people.

Where would you be today ? Lost... what's your point? Your "what if" didn't happen.

Read Roman Chapter 11 a couple of times and then get back to me with questions,

I really don't have any questions for you on Romans 11. But I do have some observations....

Israel has not been forever set aside by God.

(1) The salvation of Paul proves that there is still a remnant (Romans 11:1)

(2) The doctrine of the remnant proves it (Romans 11:2-6).

(3) The present unbelief was foretold (Romans 11:7-10).

(4) Israel's unbelief is the Gentile opportunity (Romans 11:11-25).

(5) Israel is broken off from the good olive tree, Christ (Romans 11:17-22).

(6) They can be grafted in again (Romans 11:23,24).

(7) The promised Messiah will come out of Zion and the nation will be saved (Romans 11:25-29).

That the Christian now inherits the distinctive Jewish promises is not taught in Scripture. (I'm not sure if you're saying that or not.)

A Christian is of the seed of Abraham-
Genesis 15:5 And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be." 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Galatians 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

We are receivers of the spiritual blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant.

Again, if my post offended you that was not my intention.

Be blessed,

Dixie Dawg

Madsnooker said:
That's your opinion,;) It has nothing to do with Christianity "today". The bottom line is Christianity is not appealing to Jews becuase they don't believe Jesus is who Christians say he is based on what the Bible says.

Well, you can say that, but you will notice that the "Messianic Jew" on here did not disagree with what I posted :)

If you don't believe me, that's fine... but you can easily do a Google search on "messianic churches" and see what comes up. There are entire websites devoted to teaching Christians how to make their church more 'Jewish" so that it will be appealing to Jews, and how to draw them in. They are trained to look Jewish, act Jewish, and target Jewish people, so that when the Jewish put their guard down and get to know them, the missionary can then go in for the kill :)