JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand and I’m hunting.

I was craving a walk and a sammage and if any of you ever find yourself in Marion KS swing into the tiny little Wagon Wheel Express. Very fine sammage and fries and even though I called it in and picked up at the window the service was great too.

Made a move about 200 yards across a couple of deep ditches to the back corner of an overgrown pasture full of cedar shrubs surrounded by hardwoods.

It looks great back here but with the amount of sign I left at the front stand I may be kicking myself. I can see a lot of that area from here so we will see.

It’s toasty and windy. 66 with a 16mph NE gale in my left eye.

Need the deer to move. Need

IMG_4606.pngIMG_4607.jpegIMG_4609.jpegIMG_4610.jpegIMG_4608.jpeg

slow motion

Nice. Good luck Jim. It's your time brother. Stick one.

I'm trying to decide where. Clouds have blown in. Wind shifting between south and west. Moved some cameras around. Got a good rub line near the first stand I hung here but neither wind direction is good for there.

rosco772001

The wife walked in and said what are you doing . I said sitting with the pup so I don't have to put the cone on her head .. she said I got the dog , go get in a stand it's the rut anything can happen (that's why I married her )!
I'm at blue dot on a freshly cut corn field and as I climb into the stand I get about ten pics of the mid day cruiser 100 yards just into the deep ravine below me . One side says shooter the other says another year . Hope he steps out for a look . .
I'm ready for a Kansas thwack!!! Good luck to all . Did I mention it hoooooot. Thank god for these clouds and nice breeze .

And thanks for the well wishes for the pup she's doing well after a bunch of stitches . Letsgoooooo

Attachments

• IMG_2051.png
    IMG_2051.png
    771.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2050.png
    IMG_2050.png
    684.4 KB · Views: 59

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba is also back on stand. He’s on the same farm as me. In a 10ft tower blind in a little narrow pasture between 2 treelines that have deep trails on them. He’s got a heckuva a view that with recent movement patterns he should start seeing deer at 10 mins before dead dark.

He mentioned the heat too maybe with a few bad words:rofl:

IMG_4613.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.