New Purchases for Next Season

NMH5050

You by any chance referring to the Antler Shed deer blind? If so, you hit a home run IMO. Have owned a Redneck since 2016. Added 2 of the Antler Shed’s this year. Like the Antler Shed blinds much better than my Redneck blind.
View attachment 1282104View attachment 1282106
View attachment 1282105
Yes- They are amazing. The field of view is the best I have ever seen and Its the most comfortable stand I have ever been in. Where did you get yours at? I bought it from a dealer in Adel.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
ATV .. After walking 600-800 yards one way to hunt and put up stands its time to get some help.
I hunt private land, an ATV is a game changer. I go miles instead of yards now. Tote what I need anywhere I can drive.

Triple C

Ordered from some place in either MS or LA. Can’t remember. Son and a buddy of his had a tractor trailer load of em shipped here. We got 2 of em. 1 with the “sled” base. His buddy took the rest.

They ran across them while duck hunting last year. Should last a lifetime. Love the slider windows as opposed to the raise style windows in the Redneck. Plus, entire interior including roof is carpeted with outdoor carpeting. Much quieter. Shelving at same level as bottom of windows provide an excellent rifle rest. And the slider rack for the shoulder rest is a game changer.

Was in blind with my youngest grandson (8 yrs old), that took his 1st deer this season. Rifle rest provided by shelf at window base made a huge difference in helping the lil’ feller to steady the rifle.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

NMH5050

Ordered from some place in either MS or LA. Can’t remember. Son and a buddy of his had a tractor trailer load of em shipped here. We got 2 of em. 1 with the “sled” base. His buddy took the rest.

They ran across them while duck hunting last year. Should last a lifetime. Love the slider windows as opposed to the raise style windows in the Redneck. Plus, entire interior including roof is carpeted with outdoor carpeting. Much quieter. Shelving at same level as bottom of windows provide an excellent rifle rest. And the slider rack for the shoulder rest is a game changer.

Was in blind with my youngest grandson (8 yrs old), that took his 1st deer this season. Rifle rest provided by shelf at window base made a huge difference in helping the lil’ feller to steady the rifle.

The price of them is very reasonable as well. The rifle rest is very nice in them with the elbow rest board. I bought a BOG Death Grip tripod for my son and it works very well for him. It really secures the rifle in place. Its like a vice.

Hawken2222

love our lease but going to bite the bullet and buy some land thinking around 100 acres.
I bit the bullet in 2020 and purchased my own ground. The best money I have ever spent! I am finding improving the ground for wildlife is every bit as fun and rewarding as the actual hunting.

Doc_Holliday23

For Christmas I got a Tactacam Reveal and a new pair of LeChameau rubber boots that I absolutely love. Two great additions. The cell cam should be especially nice since I live a few hours from the farm.

I think my big addition this year will be to start running mineral blocks on the farm. I reckon I’ll put them out in March and the replace as needed. I hunt roads in planted pines that haven’t been thinned yet and the deer scoot across the clearings so fast and I think a mineral block might be a good reason for them to pause. Plus the added benefit of maybe growing them antlers.

Might just get a crossbow, too.

Gaswamp

For Christmas I got a Tactacam Reveal and a new pair of LeChameau rubber boots that I absolutely love. Two great additions. The cell cam should be especially nice since I live a few hours from the farm.

I think my big addition this year will be to start running mineral blocks on the farm. I reckon I’ll put them out in March and the replace as needed. I hunt roads in planted pines that haven’t been thinned yet and the deer scoot across the clearings so fast and I think a mineral block might be a good reason for them to pause. Plus the added benefit of maybe growing them antlers.

Might just get a crossbow, too.
Love my lechameau boots

I bit the bullet in 2020 and purchased my own ground. The best money I have ever spent! I am finding improving the ground for wildlife is every bit as fun and rewarding as the actual hunting.
Same we have put a ton time and money in to our lease, only makes sense to get our own land. Granted we will only have 1/3 of size of our lease but we share the lease with another couple so I believe 100 acres will work for my wife, son and I. Just have to find a decent area to put the odds in our favor.

wm742

I hope to get a Winchester 88 in .308 before next season.
That's about all I can plan until I see what the forest looks like after they clear some trees.

Blackston

Not really “ purchase “ but I’m gonna try feeders again in a spot or 2 I’m gonna build some troughs with roofs …