A Slow Motion Train Wreck, the Midwest Edition

sprewett

Put out 30lbs of trophy rock this evening along with a 50lb salt lick. Had a sure nuff' grown one cruising through last year hope he comes back none of the neighbors I have talked to said they killed him.
Also saw a Boone a crocket turkey this evening. Question, can I hunt my spot for turkey now that I have put minerals out? I know corn is a no no but am unsure about minerals. Can't imagine turkey wanting any but chickens eat pebbles so there's that.

slow motion

Sweet Thang got us tickets to the Rodeo and concert in Athens yesterday. Tried to post LFTRodeo and LFTConcert but since the groups were pretty much for young folks there was plenty of signal but the bandwidth was used up. Rodeo was great. Missed the first band trying to get in the gate after the Rodeo but even though most of the crowd was born in the 90s, or even more recent, and I'm a 64 model I like Hardy. My sig line a few ago "I'm rednecker than you" or maybe it was "Country as Hades"was a quote from 1 of his songs. Designated driver so no "Jack" for me but at least "I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the truck bed this morning " Repost but "Give heaven some Hades" is for my fearless little brother. :cheers: When we meet on the other side bro. Now you're probably wondering, though I have a tendency to ramble, what this has to do with deer hunting. Well several of his songs mention such. On stage he asked if there were any deer hunters in the crowd before he sang 30-06. See I tied it together. Kids apparently very conservative as well. Said he had wanted to release his song Red as a single this year since its election year. Now as a parting piece of advice I'll borrow a few more words. Do some good stuff, have some fun, take a few chances, make some memories, and live a good life before "they lay you down and they write your name on a rock"20240412_223909.jpg

Latest posts