Any Knife Collectors?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I`ve wanted a Randall since the early 70`s but never acquired one. Then I got an HH. Liked it so good I got another, then a couple more. Randall makes a good knife, but Ol` Hank makes a better one.

Owning 4 of Hank's blades myself, and having used my buddy's Randall a time or two, I must agree...

But I still want a Randall in my collection... ?

Greed, I guess... ?

SLY22

Useles Member !
Not a great picture. I carry on of these every day. All of these push button autos were made by Chris English ( RIP ) " Z " Knives from Thomaston Ga. I have 6 of these, one of them not in the picture I inherited from my granddad. They all have a pocket clip on the other side, they fly open quick and strong! Chris was a great knife maker and a great guy!
1666295288914.jpeg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Here is what I call a “kit knife”. An old friend that was on his way to the promised land gave it to me. I’ve never seen another like it. I don’t know what year they were made, but it was before all these replaceable blade knives popped up. It has a Hunting/boning blade, fillet/slicing blade and a crosscut saw blade. It’s evidently an older one, it has Japanese steel like the older good Kershaws. It’s a sturdy knife, nothing flimsy or junkey. 1095TF is stamped on the tang.View attachment 1173601
@Hillbilly stalker. I found the set we talked about earlier. Not sure where the fillet blade got to...
20221024_112436.jpg20221024_112554.jpg

Dub

Now that you mention it...they haven't sent me a catalog in some time
If you are jonesing for a spot to peruse the blades.....
BladeHQ.com has been solid.

They carry some really nice brands.

I keep drooling over the Winkler knives

bullgator

If you are jonesing for a spot to peruse the blades.....
BladeHQ.com has been solid.

They carry some really nice brands.

I keep drooling over the Winkler knives
DLT Trading and Knifecenter can dig into a wallet quick.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I have a buddy who is an absolute wizard on putting an edge on a blade.

His results are truly amazing. Stone & leather strop.

Insanely sharp.

It is a skill that I've not acquired. I cheat and use a powered sharpener for the cheep kitchen knives.

My better knives, live in a super-secret block tucked away in a small drawer. These get mailed in to Shun & Wusthof when they need touching up. The Eastern single grind on the Shuns is beyond my knowledge.

I've never seen an edge with the polish of the one in this guy's video.
I have no idea what he's using, but simply in awe of the results.

Shine, baby shine.

DLT Trading and Knifecenter can dig into a wallet quick.

RidgeRunner knives got a strong endorsement from the folks at Winkler Knives when I spoke with them.

Wanting a special gift for my nephew and had some questions for Winkler peoples concerning blade styles, options, etc.

That phone call is gonna be costly, I'm afraid. :rofl:

Dub

I can get a knife shaving sharp, the edge on that knife above is Surgery Sharp. Impressive isn't even a synonym.

I also need to get him a set of stones, strop, etc....to maintain the knife I give him.

I'll check with my BIL and see if what they already have.

I can trust that my nephew will be in good form on his skills.....heck, he may already be better than my buddy the edge wizard.

I need to work on my skills putting an edge on.....I can get it down shaving sharp.....but it does't last long.

Would benefit from improving my results and enjoy the process.

Dub

Picked up a good durable knife for my nephew.

He just made Eagle Scout and I wanted to give him something he'll have a long time, providing he takes care of it.

My parents are giving him a Henry commemorative Eagle Scout edition .22lr lever gun for Christmas, I believe.

I also want to get him some quality stones & strop to start off with.

What do you guys think ?

I'm wide open to suggestions.

I'd prefer to go with flat stones....not the rods w/ adjustable angles and such. That's the gimmicky stuff for his Uncle G, yours truly :rofl:

Want better for him....he's a patient and deliberate young man. I'm betting he will keep this sucker insanely sharp.

Thanks

I posted earlier about my distaste for modern folding knives with the clip… mentioned that if I ever found one that skinned as well as my muskrat that i would repent.

Well I skinned a doe last night with one of those Outdoor Edge folding knives with the replaceable blades… man that thing works. Doesn’t do anything for me sentimentality but I’ll be darned I’m going to go buy one.

Stevie Ray

Picked up a good durable knife for my nephew.

He just made Eagle Scout and I wanted to give him something he'll have a long time, providing he takes care of it.

My parents are giving him a Henry commemorative Eagle Scout edition .22lr lever gun for Christmas, I believe.

I also want to get him some quality stones & strop to start off with.

What do you guys think ?

I'm wide open to suggestions.

I'd prefer to go with flat stones....not the rods w/ adjustable angles and such. That's the gimmicky stuff for his Uncle G, yours truly :rofl:

Want better for him....he's a patient and deliberate young man. I'm betting he will keep this sucker insanely sharp.

Thanks

Dub I've had one of the Tri-Hones for probably about two years and I like it, I believe for your nephew it'll probably do just fine as a start without breaking the bank and congrats to him for achieving Eagle Scout ... that's quite an accomplishment!

Reactions: Dub