Best birthday gift I've ever given myself....

boneboy96

I'm truly inspired by this thread Dub. You have made a remarkable lifestyle change and have done so in remarkable stride. I'm looking deep within my soul and know I need to crank up some weights besides the 12 oz. curls. Work gets me sitting for 10-12 hours in front of a puter. Hardly have enough energy to do much of anything but eat, sleep, go to work, go home, repeat x 365. I'm going to make a go at getting in better shape because of this thread! :clap: :cool: :fine:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
WOW!!!

since no one else said it already :D

Glad to hear of all your positive results, Dub. :cheers:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I'm truly inspired by this thread Dub. You have made a remarkable lifestyle change and have done so in remarkable stride. I'm looking deep within my soul and know I need to crank up some weights besides the 12 oz. curls. Work gets me sitting for 10-12 hours in front of a puter. Hardly have enough energy to do much of anything but eat, sleep, go to work, go home, repeat x 365. I'm going to make a go at getting in better shape because of this thread! :clap: :cool: :fine:
:cool: My routine too, Bob and also my thoughts........... I think it's time to start training my horse, I've put it off long enough & it'll be beneficial to both of us to get active!:cool:
Thank you Dub!!:clap:

Lukikus2

Great testimonial and way to hang in there once you made the descision. Good luck now and in the future.

SarahFair

Good for you!
I am SO happy to see someone still cares enough about themselves!

woco hunter

Me and my wife are looking at your post and wondering what you ate that is good and healthy. We already eat ground turkey and skinless chicken.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Holy Smokes, Dub! That's quite an accomplishment. Way to go!

Dub

Me and my wife are looking at your post and wondering what you ate that is good and healthy. We already eat ground turkey and skinless chicken.

Lots of tuna, baked fish, grilled &many baked chicken breast and tons of sliced lean sandwich meats are my main protein sources. I've added some whey and casein protein powders for post workout this and bedtime.

Small amounts of hard cheeses daily for calcium and fat. Sounds crazy but we all need some fat in our diets.

All types of salad greens, broccoli and spinach. You can eat bowls and bowls of this stuff daily.

I also take high quality vitamins, glucosamine, fish oil and flaxseed oil tablets .

There isn't too much variety in what I'm doing right now.....but I've had a lifetime supply of junk food.

Hopefully by Spring of near then I'll begin adding in oats and whole grain breads slowly.

Until then I'll keep on trucking like this.

Last edited:

smitty

Congrats !!!

:clap: Glad to see some one loving themselve :DIf more people would the world would be a better place ................Keep up the good work,:D BTW Happy Birthday :cheers:

tween_the_banks

Simple weekly exercise will do wonders for mental health as well.
Congratulations, it's truly something to be proud of.
Knowing you're healthy and being healthy makes every day easier to be a good one.

bigox911

:cheers: Congrats Dub. Can really tell the difference...not only in how you look, but just how your life view sounds now. Question...don't know how much and what kind you drank before, but how has your alcohol consumption changed?