Braves in FIRST Place!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dropped another one........Man we are lookin sad:mad:

Need some serious rebounding to happen! A few mistakes(Bigguns), swinging at bad pitches........r we still in first place?:confused:

DSGB

Only 1.5 in front of the Mets. Phillies lost again, too.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
huddy should have thrown it high and tight but got it down low and outside for a cheap single. Man he was po'd

The best pitching I ever remember seeing albeit was a Closer, is Mariano Rivera throwing the HIGH HEAT! I would like to see more of it from our Braves!

Got the rebounding win we really needed last night!!

Really Good Game and Bobby Cox got the Home Depot Player of the game award by calling the suicide squeeze in the top of the ninth!!:clap::yeah:

That was awesome!

DSGB

Glaus is on fire and Prado continues his hot streak. Once again, Medlen picks up the W and the Braves take two out of three from the Twins, who own the best record in interleague play in recent years.
Still 1.5 up on the Mets; Phillies fall back to 3.5.

Doc_Holliday23

6-5 on that road trip is incredible. We played 11 straight days in 3 cities, 3 different time zones, against a division leader (Twins), the NL Wild Card leader (Dodgers), and Arizona who has a pretty good record at home.

Yeah, we probably left a game or two out there, but overall that's a very successful trip. Pitching was great. Prado and Glaus are a 2-man wrecking crew.

Resica

Glaus is on fire and Prado continues his hot streak. Once again, Medlen picks up the W and the Braves take two out of three from the Twins, who own the best record in interleague play in recent years.
Still 1.5 up on the Mets; Phillies fall back to 3.5.

:banginghe:banginghe

Doc_Holliday23

Schultzy has been reading my blog...

If Braves’ Pendleton got blame before, he better get credit now

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-b...dleton-got-blame-before-he-better-credit-now/

So does this mean Terry Pendleton isn’t so bad?

(Sarcasm.)

After going 6-5 on what could have been a crushing 11-game road trip, the Braves are 14-5 since a 6-4 loss to Florida – Kenshin Kawakami shockingly was the losing pitcher – and 29-13 (.690) since a nine-game losing streak.

Nobody figured they were that bad at 8-14. Some probably wonder if they’re really this good at 10 games over .500 in mid-June.

But I just wanted to bring something to your attention. Despite still getting little production from their expected primary run producers – Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Yunel Escobar – the Braves have been climbing in National League statistical categories.

They rank No. 1 in walks (.295), No. 1 in on-base percentage (.352), No. 2 in doubles (124), No. 2 in runs (.327), No. 4 in batting with runners in scoring position (.277), No. 5 in total hits (.565) and No. 6 in batting average (.262). All in all, that’s pretty good for a lineup most of us wanted to blow up in April.

Which leads me back to Pendleton.

During this 14-5 stretch, the Braves are scoring 5.58 runs per game. That’s a full run more than the previous 45 (4.58).

Hitting and pitching coaches get way too much credit and blame. Pendleton wasn’t the reason Jeff Francoeur nose-dived in Atlanta. Similarlly, Pendleton is not the reason Martin Prado has turned into a .332 hitter. Coaches can help only so much in terms of pointing out flaws and making suggestions. Players either adjust or they don’t.

When Leo Mazzone left the Braves for Baltimore, it was comical the way some fans believed the Braves were suddenly going down like Pompeii, as if Mazzone created the greatness that was Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smoltz.

What happened when Mazzone went to the pitching-poor Orioles? Suddenly, he stunk. All those people who whined when he left the Braves suddenly went mute.

Funny. The same thing is now happening with Pendleton’s critics. We’ve gone from screams to crickets.

If Pendleton is going to get the blame for Nate McLouth, he needs to get some credit for Troy Glaus, Eric Hinske and Omar Infante.

Can’t have it both ways, folks.

BornToHuntAndFish

Time for the Braves to build on their 2 game winning streak. After the rain delaying the start of the game, unfortunately the 1st inning is not starting off well with Tampa Bay being in Atlanta scoring 4 runs in the top of the 1st & tied for 1st in their division along with having a much better road record than their home game record. Hope the Braves can keep up.

Here's a quick web link to the MLB scoreboard:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/

At least the Braves scored a run in the bottom of the 1st.

BornToHuntAndFish

Chipper just went yard for a solo HR in the bottom of the 8th, but Braves still way behind, currently losing 4 to 10 and it does not help that Atlanta has 4 errors for the nite so far. Too bad Kawakami will not get his 1st win of the season even though the Braves have 14 hits to TB's 13 hits so far.

BornToHuntAndFish

Uh-oh, after tonight's Braves' loss, NY Mets are only 0.5 games behind them after their win tonight which is part of a 5 game in a row winning streak. Atlanta better enjoy 1st place while they can.

gsubo

Can we please send KK back to Japan? This has got to be the worst start to a season in Major League History..

drhunter1

Escobars error in the first inning, in typical lax Escobar relaxed "I don't care, Ole`" fashion set the tone for the entire game. This is the problem I have with Escobar. He's looking for style points over making solid plays.

I have watched all of Kawakami's games this year and without fail, one of the position players commits a stupid error that has cost him a run or two. Plus for some reason his turn in the rotation seems to fall right when the opposition has their best starter on the mound.

He wasn't at his best last night, but Kawakami is a good pitcher and his record is not indicative of how he has pitched this year. 3 of the 5 runs last night were un-earned.

That Rays team has the best road record in the Majors. Don't be surprised if they sweep us. Especially if we don't come to play like last night.

Doc_Holliday23

very true about KK. He did get rocked around in the first after the E, but the last 6 starts or so he has been very solid.

the Rays had the better of the pitchers going last night but the Braves will have the better pitcher for the next 2 nights.

plus, why the heck do we have chris resop back up with this club? did he not suck enough to get rid of him last time he was up? we were down 5-3 with some momentum before he came and walked the yard...

Jranger

plus, why the heck do we have chris resop back up with this club? did he not suck enough to get rid of him last time he was up? we were down 5-3 with some momentum before he came and walked the yard...

I agree... Chavez was at least good for K's.

Latest posts