Braves in FIRST Place!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Escobars error in the first inning, in typical lax Escobar relaxed "I don't care, Ole`" fashion set the tone for the entire game. This is the problem I have with Escobar. He's looking for style points over making solid plays.

I have watched all of Kawakami's games this year and without fail, one of the position players commits a stupid error that has cost him a run or two. Plus for some reason his turn in the rotation seems to fall right when the opposition has their best starter on the mound.

He wasn't at his best last night, but Kawakami is a good pitcher and his record is not indicative of how he has pitched this year. 3 of the 5 runs last night were un-earned.

That Rays team has the best road record in the Majors. Don't be surprised if they sweep us. Especially if we don't come to play like last night.

I totally agree EXCEPT, I will be very surprised if they sweep us.........I wont be surprised if we take the next 2:cool:

As far as KK goes, I agree he has pitched better than his record indicates, but when JJ comes back, Medlen needs to stay in the rotation, KK to someplace else:rolleyes:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
6-2 Braves win!

At least it is not a sweep!

Not a sweep? I'd say we have a great chance of winning the series! Yes, we did get a bad call go our way, but at least this time it did go our way! Thanks ump!

As far as the KK thing goes, while we will almost all agree that he has pitched better than his record shows, ya have to admit, when he goes to the hill, we all have that sinking feeling in our gut..........he is the one who needs to be taken out of the rotation......
on the flip side, when Medlen goes to the hill, there is Fire in the belly and we all like our chances!:cool:

gsubo

when Medlen goes to the hill, there is Fire in the belly and we all like our chances!:cool:

I really like Medlens attitude this year. He has a ton more cofidence than he did last year and he has good stuff. He reminds me of Maddux..and he throws strikes. If he works on puttin a little more movement his fastball he could have Maddux like stuff. Great changeup too.

drhunter1

They played well last night. Still the rays are a dangerous hitting team. Hansen was spot on. Hudson will have to be the same.

How about Prado. Man if he's not the NL Allstar 2nd basemen, something is wrong. Same goes for Glaus at 1st base.

HermanMerman

very true about KK. He did get rocked around in the first after the E, but the last 6 starts or so he has been very solid.

the Rays had the better of the pitchers going last night but the Braves will have the better pitcher for the next 2 nights.

plus, why the heck do we have chris resop back up with this club? did he not suck enough to get rid of him last time he was up? we were down 5-3 with some momentum before he came and walked the yard...

Resop's contract was out of options. They had to trade him, release him, or call him up to the bigs. It made sense to give him some innings in that game. If he threw well, then he would have been showcased to the league and we may have been able to have traded him for something decent. But, he was straight awful. I don't think it is a coincidence that he went on the 15 day DL after the game. It gives them a little more time to decide what to do with him.

Doc_Holliday23

I know the story on Resop. He was lighting it up in AAA but the Braves should have known he can't pitch at the ML level. They should have traded him and let some other poor team take the chance on him.

DSGB

I drove up for the game last night. Hanson looked great and had command of all his pitches. He was hitting 96 with his fastball.
Everybody in the lineup had at least one hit (except Hanson).

Here are a few pictures from the game.

Hanson dealing
P6160053.jpg

Prado getting things started in the 3rd
P6160058.jpg

Heyward with a hit
P6160060.jpg

Bobby asking Paul Emmel how his wife is doing :D
P6160064.jpg

B-Mac doubles in a run
P6160069.jpg

Glaus drives in a pair
P6160070.jpg

Hinske beats the shift
P6160074.jpg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That was Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing!:clap:

GAdawg315

awesome pics, I liked that Hinske at bat. You would think they would re-align the infield after the first 3-4 bunt attempts.. I'll take it though!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not a sweep? I'd say we have a great chance of winning the series! Yes, we did get a bad call go our way, but at least this time it did go our way! Thanks ump!

As far as the KK thing goes, while we will almost all agree that he has pitched better than his record shows, ya have to admit, when he goes to the hill, we all have that sinking feeling in our gut..........he is the one who needs to be taken out of the rotation......
on the flip side, when Medlen goes to the hill, there is Fire in the belly and we all like our chances!:cool:

Not often am I right, but I LOVE IT, When I am!:cool:

BIG WIN last night to win the series!!

This game IMHO is a Statement of how good we can be-or should I say ARE!

DSGB

awesome pics, I liked that Hinske at bat. You would think they would re-align the infield after the first 3-4 bunt attempts.. I'll take it though!

He said that opposing teams have shifted on him four times and he has four bunt singles. I, too, thought they would have adjusted after the first couple attempts.
The Rays also had a bunt single to beat the shift when Carlos Pena did it to start the second.

DSGB

Once again, Hudson has a quality start and gets the win. He's been the most reliable starter for the Braves all season and leads the league in ground ball outs. Good thing he signed that contract extension!
As hot as the Mets have been, we've kept pace with them while playing some good teams.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Went to the game last night and that was a huge home run from Heyward to tie it up. That was an awesome double by Glaus and 7 solid innings from Hudson. Go Braves!

drhunter1

Not often am I right, but I LOVE IT, When I am!:cool:

BIG WIN last night to win the series!!

This game IMHO is a Statement of how good we can be-or should I say ARE!

Yes and I notice you don't mind pointing it out either.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts