JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 III

Rob

JT - great stories and videos from yesterday - and good for you - you can rarely go wrong trying to adhere to the wishes of the landowner/outfitter.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just got the ok from my wife to hunt this weekend! I'm a stay at home dad and she is a lab leader for Owen's Corning, so her stress levels stay high. I'm leaving her with our 1 year old and 3 dogs to go try and fill the freezer! Gonna be my second rifle trip this year, which doubles my time from last year lol.
Make that time count! Good luck man

savannahsdad

Just had a standoff with a 2 yr old 8 who left me to trail and old messed up 9 we’ve nicknamed Jack because his rack is “jacked up” had a big ten and another small buck cross the creek and head west. Then all of a sudden a Kansas giant chases a doe in a circle thru the crp across the creek from me about 75 yds and they were full tilt due west. For a quiet morning it’s suddenly gotten busy.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nothing here since 1st light. Maybe making a move soon. Y'all hang tight.

Savannah... Hope it happens brother

HUNTER24/7

Nothing here since 1st light. Maybe making a move soon. Y'all hang tight.

Savannah... Hope it happens brother

Go back to same set as yesterday.
Maybe both will come out at the same time. Pose for pic.
Send to landowner.
Get reply of approval to which one you can take.
Verify.
Then shoot.

Haha. I still can’t get over that. Pulling for you so hard. ?. Gained a ton of respect though.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Go back to same set as yesterday.
Maybe both will come out at the same time. Pose for pic.
Send to landowner.
Get reply of approval to which one you can take.
Verify.
Then shoot.

Haha. I still can’t get over that. Pulling for you so hard. ?. Gained a ton of respect though.

Ha... That would be entertaining. Although we have "please don't shoot him" deer on all the farms, so it could happen anywhere.

I'm going back to same set for sure. Will see how it hunts with this wind being a little different.

2-shot

Back in stand and not freezing and have pretty good battery left. I’m on a different farm this evening waiting for my wife and kids to roll in this evening to hunt

rosco772001

Back at it . Not a lot of slugs shot this morning. Pretty quiet. Great buck bc. Good luck jt and bubba it’s going to happen for yah . I got that feeling.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Quick move and quick stand repair and I'm back in a tree.

Came to same set as yesterday's 11 hour adventure. I saw around 30 deer including a beast.

I have a different wind today so not sure how it'll hunt.

Either way I'm in it till dark.

Also... After a lot of discussion with Austin and pouring over the videos... He still thinks that buck is the 3 he wants protected. I've slow motioned both videos and have come to the conclusion that they are the same deer. Somehow he got around me and came back from exact same direction.

So if I see him again I'm passing again.

Here's my location and here's my 1st deer of evening after being here for 10 minutes. Gotta love it!

Screenshot_20181116-132456.jpgIMG_20181116_40424.jpg

bulletjig

Slow day compared to all the action yesterday. 5 does and 2 small bucks with no chasing maybe the afternoon will be better. Good luck to y’all and be safe.