JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 III

SECDAWGS1

Recently saw "The Hunting Public" Youtube video uploaded Nov. 5th where I learned Iowa does not allow tracking dogs to search for lost shot deer. The team had another well known western bowhunting guest they were trying to help get his 1st whitetail on Missouri public land on his 1st whitetail hunting trip. He shot a slightly quartering away buck making a scrape where his arrow hit low a bit back on its body. They backed out & came back at midnight to blood trail the deer for 4-hours & stopped until Doug from United Blood Trackers came & used his dog in 5-minutes do what they took 4-hours to do. Doug informed the Iowa based team about the strange Iowa law not allowing dogs to track lost shot deer. Doug has used his dogs in Illinois & Indiana, and averages about 25 deer per season to make it back to the truck tailgate that his dogs find.
One of my favorite hunting shows out there. Good stuff!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Recently saw "The Hunting Public" Youtube video uploaded Nov. 5th where I learned Iowa does not allow tracking dogs to search for lost shot deer. The team had another well known western bowhunting guest they were trying to help get his 1st whitetail on Missouri public land on his 1st whitetail hunting trip. He shot a slightly quartering away buck making a scrape where his arrow hit low a bit back on its body. They backed out & came back at midnight to blood trail the deer for 4-hours & stopped until Doug from United Blood Trackers came & used his dog in 5-minutes do what they took 4-hours to do. Doug informed the Iowa based team about the strange Iowa law not allowing dogs to track lost shot deer. Doug has used his dogs in Illinois & Indiana, and averages about 25 deer per season to make it back to the truck tailgate that his dogs find.

If I remember right there still a free that are that way. Goofy and ignorant at best.

Wind has started back like it should. Nothing blowed, but of course a old buck usually won't ?.

Fingers crossed for you Savannah

15 minutes... Come on!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
One of the little bucks from earlier has moved into the plot, but that's it for the night.

No giant sightings, but a great sit with 8 does and 4 bucks for sure, maybe 5.

Not sure what tomorrow holds. Maybe bad weather in the am and maybe sleep an extra couple hours. We will see.

Be safe folks, thx for following and contributing. Congrats again Basschaser!

Later

ppkbbq

One of the little bucks from earlier has moved into the plot, but that's it for the night.

No giant sightings, but a great sit with 8 does and 4 bucks for sure, maybe 5.

Not sure what tomorrow holds. Maybe bad weather in the am and maybe sleep an extra couple hours. We will see.

Be safe folks, thx for following and contributing. Congrats again Basschaser!

Later
You and Bubba will get you a big one before you leave there!

Greene728

JT
I did the same yesterday with those videos as I had time to kill! Lol!
Like i posted yesterday, i couldnt tell a difference between the two and felt sure it was the same deer. Light, angle, time of day all make a difference. But i sure wasnt gonna question you as your in the tree, not me. Either way, great call again man! 90% of folks would have attempted to ground check that dude!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT
I did the same yesterday with those videos as I had time to kill! Lol!
Like i posted yesterday, i couldnt tell a difference between the two and felt sure it was the same deer. Light, angle, time of day all make a difference. But i sure wasnt gonna question you as your in the tree, not me. Either way, great call again man! 90% of folks would have attempted to ground check that dude!
Main reason I was thinking different deer is because he came from same direction both times and the lay of the land with the river and what I can see made it very unlikely he could have or would have circled me in that short of time...but yep he did somehow.

We are headed in on a nasty sloppy sleeting raining and hopefully changing to snow morning. Will update soon as I can

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
And I'm hunting again! Well sort of. I'm in a box blind to get out of the nasty weather and although I'm not a fan of sitting in a blind, I must say this is kinda nice?

I'm sitting on a partially cut corn field with CRP to the left of it, a deep slough to right and bean fields near by.

It's 30 and snowing hard with a decent breeze from the NE which would normally be in my left eye, but right now all the windows are closed and it's darker than a dungeon in here so I have no clue what's going on out there :bounce:

30 mins till light. Have a great hunt people!

Screenshot_20181117-055422.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good morning to all in the woods opening day of firearms season my son from fl.is hunting with me for the first time in years with a bow. God is good.

Glad y'all are in the woods together Keith. Good luck to you both old fella

LHefner17

Good luck everybody this morning spent last 2 days on a tract with no cell service lots of deer just shooter moved to the white oaks this morning maybe today is the day if not what a great morning to be in the Georgia woods 33 and calm sorry JT ?

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Well its day 27 and I’m a lil tired, I guess old man time is chasing me down. Im back in box where ive played cat and mouse with a couple shooters over past week due to sleet snow and wind... and mainly to give my back a break from lockons! 2.5 days left to get it done in Iowa or eat the very difficult tags for the second time.... its trying to break light and Jt, bro gonna need ya to shoot summin! Good luck to all today

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Good morning to all in the woods opening day of firearms season my son from fl.is hunting with me for the first time in years with a bow. God is good.
Glad to hear that... good luck today, Keith!

barry green

31 here in alabama this morning with no wind. Opening morning of gun season but yep im in my favorite lock on with my bow hanging beside me. Heard a couple shots already. Trigger happy folks. In a creek bottom full of white oaks with a nasty hedge thicket to my right. Good luck to everyone doing what we love today!