More Points And Tools

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Reframed a few from my collection. Two original gunflints, One English and one French, and a Waller knife too.

Second picture has only two broken, the Paleo base and point. Everything else is whole.

312234641_5592271284173433_1145492482505983372_n.jpg312246835_5592270497506845_9193383382195348054_n.jpg312273064_5592269924173569_201379741918830125_n.jpg

Sixes

I always figured it was a Bolen drill but I really hope it is a Dalton drill. Early County find, in a hog pen.
I was thinking Bolen, but hard to ID them sometimes.

Another question, top frame, bottom right, by the Boggy Branch. Is that a Clovis or a Withlacooche ( I had to look that up)?

Great frames!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was thinking Bolen, but hard to ID them sometimes.

Another question, top frame, bottom right, by the Boggy Branch. Is that a Clovis or a Withlacooche ( I had to look that up)?

Great frames!

It`s a Suwannee. The one right above it is a Hardaway.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
In the last picture, the gray stem looking thing between the Kirk Stemmed and prismatic knife blade. A late friend of mine who was a serious diver for artifacts found a broken section of a foreshaft in the Flint River in a stretch noted for megafauna and Paleo points. It was cut on an angle and crosshatch scored to help hold the adhesive, along with the sinew, to keep the point in place. It was made from ivory (probably Colombian mammoth) and this is a cast of the original that he gave me. It is a most unique artifact reproduction.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Those are mighty nice ! I really like the display , I may have to steal that idea . Is that grouse fans ? I’ve got a neighbor/ friend that’s in South Dakota pheasant hunting , might give him a call and have him save me a couple fans

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those are mighty nice ! I really like the display , I may have to steal that idea . Is that grouse fans ? I’ve got a neighbor/ friend that’s in South Dakota pheasant hunting , might give him a call and have him save me a couple fans

It is. @Resica sent them to me last year. Pretty birds to me.

Al White

Second pic, top right - I have its twin. Same color and size, and always wondered what it was, if it was shaped into a point it woulda been huge.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool stuff, Nic. The Boggy, Suwanee, and Hardaway, Guilford axe (and the rest of them,) are awesome. Is that Hillsboro white material, or patina?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Very cool stuff, Nic. The Boggy, Suwanee, and Hardaway, Guilford axe (and the rest of them,) are awesome. Is that Hillsboro white material, or patina?

It`s patina. Only point I ever found in Florida. It`s as thin as two quarters and very well made.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great collection Nic!!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Thanks ya`ll. I have a pile more, I just need to get display cases for them.