Moultrie Ga. shooting.....

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
At least he wasn't transgender. Yet on this one, we choose his skin color as the cause. I wonder if he was left handed?
Guess a lot on here about a lot of shooting involving that race. As they are making it out to be. Every town with over 150,000 is experiencing the African Americans shooting each other. Closes to me is Columbus Georgia. Almost every morning there is a shooting. The victims and the shooters are pretty much Africa American. The mug shots look like thugs.
The reason moultrie made news is because it’s a little smaller town.
They are coming to your little town next.
Now the Democratic’s want our guns because of the system they have created.
But as always your post is like , well we the bad guy for pointing out what we see.
Yes they sone bad white boys to. Then it’s the double whammy on the Caucasian.
The numbers in the prison system gets turned to where law enforcement is against them. Everyone forgets the crime

Artfuldodger

Guess a lot on here about a lot of shooting involving that race. As they are making it out to be. Every town with over 150,000 is experiencing the African Americans shooting each other. Closes to me is Columbus Georgia. Almost every morning there is a shooting. The victims and the shooters are pretty much Africa American. The mug shots look like thugs.
The reason moultrie made news is because it’s a little smaller town.
They are coming to your little town next.
Now the Democratic’s want our guns because of the system they have created.
But as always your post is like , well we the bad guy for pointing out what we see.
Yes they sone bad white boys to. Then it’s the double whammy on the Caucasian.
The numbers in the prison system gets turned to where law enforcement is against them. Everyone forgets the crime
All that may be true and Blacks do kill more in our inner cities, but that still doesn't point to a genetic propensity that they kill more people overall in mass shootings than White folk.
I'm not defending this slum bag murderer.
Would it be wrong for me to say that men kill more than women? Am I somehow defending women who kill by pointing out this statistic?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Probably if you could show that a particular race does in fact shoot or kill more based on their race. I think statistics show that Whites kill about as many in mass shootings (4 or more) than Blacks. Blacks do commit a few more mass shootings than Whites based on the overall percentage of Blacks and Whites but not enough to suggest they have a propensity to lack of impulse control as a reason.
It would be easier to show what you are saying in men vs women than
with the races. Even women who used to be men, commit more mass shootings than women who were born women.
Watch the Columbus news 3.
Every major city. Atlanta. Jacksonville
Orlando. Miami. Birmingham. New York the list goes on.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
All that may be true and Blacks to kill more in our inner cities, but that still doesn't point to a genetic propensity that they kill more people in mass shootings than White folk.
We didn’t bring in the mass shootings. The news is making that. 3 victims 1dead shooter. Mass shooting. Well that goes on all the time in those cities. Tge last mass shooters were white. Gays. The thing like that got started at Columbine by crazy teen white kids. Most of us on here say the family structure is gone.
What kind of work is out there. Wally World. Or fast food.
Join the army and get told every movement.
What they got. A chicken plant to work at.
Thug life requires money. Crime provides the money. Drugs and stealing. No telling what else.

Artfuldodger

Watch the Columbus news 3.
Every major city. Atlanta. Jacksonville
Orlando. Miami. Birmingham. New York the list goes on.
But is it genetic? Everytime we have a killing like this folks try to blame it on something other than just pure meanness. It always has to be because of their race or gender idenity. Unless he's White. If the killer is White we have to delve deeper as to why he did it. If a White male goes on a shooting spree, we don't blame his genetics nor his gender.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The area I’m in. U drive by the back areas. Young men dressed nice sitting on porches on the phone playing games waiting for a car to pull up and buy most the buyers look like white girls. They have the pills crack weed.
Then one day. Bam bam bam. Mass shooting. Where them young boys are teens and 20tys u also see gramma there. U know she gets the debit card. And tge housing expense.
But that’s what I see around here and other towns.

Artfuldodger

We didn’t bring in the mass shootings. The news is making that. 3 victims 1dead shooter. Mass shooting. Well that goes on all the time in those cities. Tge last mass shooters were white. Gays. The thing like that got started at Columbine by crazy teen white kids. Most of us on here say the family structure is gone.
What kind of work is out there. Wally World. Or fast food.
Join the army and get told every movement.
What they got. A chicken plant to work at.
Thug life requires money. Crime provides the money. Drugs and stealing. No telling what else.
I agree he was nothing but a thug who happens to be Black. But his genetics didn't make him a thug no more than any other thug. His thugness is what made him kill, not his genetics. His life, his upbringing, his friends, etc.

Artfuldodger

The area I’m in. U drive by the back areas. Young men dressed nice sitting on porches on the phone playing games waiting for a car to pull up and buy most the buyers look like white girls. They have the pills crack weed.
Then one day. Bam bam bam. Mass shooting. Where them young boys are teens and 20tys u also see gramma there. U know she gets the debit card. And tge housing expense.
I see it too, I lived in Albany and near Augusta. I was mostly debating with Oddfella that thinks it's genetic. I think it's more to do with male gender than racial genetics. And from there, like you say how one is raised by his family. The dude was a thug.

Artfuldodger

From where I'm from though, Douglas, the White folks are about as hooked up in crime and drugs as the Blacks. And now it seems like the Hispanics are falling right in with both the Blacks and Whites.
I don't really have any statistics to back that up with though, just speculation. That being said, it's not genetics and it's not just the big cities. Douglas and Moultrie are not that big. There are some areas in Coffee County that look like a third world country and most that live in those parts are either White or Hispanic.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
But is it genetic? Everytime we have a killing like this folks try to blame it on something other than just pure meanness. It always has to be because of their race or gender idenity. Unless he's White. If the killer is White we have to delve deeper as to why he did it. If a White male goes on a shooting spree, we don't blame his genetics nor his gender.
Yea it could be the nature of the beast.
They all have a motive. It’s just so many black males have been raised up in the system. Government housing fed and clothed. Then kicked to the curb. That’s the south.
Gang life. Yea white kids get in it to. Mexican kids now. Most Hispanic work. They are doing the physical labor jobs now. Construction. I helped my SIL do sone yard work. A house got built beside it. Mostly Hispanic labor.
they have a family structure.
Most whites gave a family structure.

Not all but many black kids. Sone how governments with no family structure.
Then u have the black family with structure and they have the family values with structure.

Inter city gang life.

Baroque Brass

I’ll add this: having done work in state prisons, most inmates are black, and I don’t believe that it’s because the justice system is biased against blacks. A few weeks ago, I posted that my work sometimes places me in the office of the theft prevention officer of department stores. Almost always, the pictures of thieves are black.

buckpasser

@Artfuldodger

I’m not a racist, but this ultra PC society we live in has made me commit myself to calling it like I see it. There are good and bad in every race. The problem is, when you look at the entire globe, and the people that inhabit it, there is no doubt which race is struggling the most. Why deny that? If I were black, I’d want to do my best to break the mold. I’m friends with a black police officer and he’s stated that he feels the same, and is succeeding.

Gator89

Can mental illness pass from parent to child genetically? Yes, genetics can be a factor in mental illness in any and all races.

Plenty of examples such as the Murdaugh murders in SC to demonstrate all races have individuals that can go homicidal.

But IMO thuggery is a learned behavior, lifestyle, etc. I learned from my parents to get up off my butt and go to school and work on the farm to earn my keep. The real threat of a leather belt made compliance with parental expectations mandatory.

There was a thread about some thugs in Habersham county a fews days ago. Thuggery can be found in all demographics as well.

The young folks in this video from Maryland learned their behavior from someone they consider a role model.

JustinR06

I've lived in moultrie my whole life and unfortunately it seems to be turning more and more into albany by the day. There was a shooting tuesday in the same neighborhood this guy killed his mom and grandma in and the speculation is that its all related. Not surprising given the neighborhood.

oldfella1962

Either way, it's too bad he didn't or couldn't get the right help before it was too late. He has now gone to the point of no return.
My wife has had two pretty significant "breaks with reality" (requiring in-patient institutionalization) and was on her way to a third when a different medication pulled her out of her tailspin. Mental health is hard to properly diagnose and even harder to treat, and it's financially costly. But human brains being what they are (powerful, but fragile at the same time) we as a nation will have to make mental health a priority if we want to make things better in this regard. :(

oldfella1962

At least he wasn't transgender. Yet on this one, we choose his skin color as the cause. I wonder if he was left handed?
Fair enough. But with many other violent encounters the statistics/data (and circumstances that further specific crime analysis can reveal) certainly indicate that an underlying genetic cause could be a factor. But this applies to all demographic groups across the planet. Is it nature or nurture that makes Asians seem to be genetically predisposed towards math skills compared to Europeans? Are there "smart" genes? Are there "patience" genes? How would anybody know if extensive research wasn't done?
My hypothesis could be ridiculous, and likely is, but it could be studied just like any other hypothesis.

oldfella1962

Probably if you could show that a particular race does in fact shoot or kill more based on their race. I think statistics show that Whites kill about as many in mass shootings (4 or more) than Blacks. Blacks do commit a few more mass shootings than Whites based on the overall percentage of Blacks and Whites but not enough to suggest they have a propensity to lack of impulse control as a reason.
It would be easier to show what you are saying in men vs women than
with the races. Even women who used to be men, commit more mass shootings than women who were born women.
Good call! If memory serves there have been studies linking higher testosterone levels with violence. As for whites committing "mass shootings" (when we can get a consistent apples-to-apples definition of "mass shooting") per capita whites commit more and have a higher killed/injured ratio when we commit any shootings. The facts bear this out. And yes I have a theory (hypothesis I guess, maybe just an opinion) about that:

Whites are just as violent as any demographic group, but commit the most preplanned, efficient shootings. Do whites just fly off the handle at a bowling alley and spray bullets, injuring more people than they kill? Yes they do, but not as often. Whites generally keep their anger restrained & controlled long enough to plan out & strategize their deadly deeds.

I look at it like this: how often can we hear about a violent/deadly crime - but not the suspects - and correctly guess the demographic group? Because whites tend to do their shooting in a calculated way more often.
Whites tend to use the gun as a tool rather than an expression of their emotions. Genetics or culture? I don't care which scientists study this or what the causes may end up being, but perhaps it could end up leading to something significant - who knows?