Moultrie Ga. shooting.....

Artfuldodger

If it does turn out to be genetic, what would the answer be? I know none of want to use forced meds.. But if the markers did flag some link and with testosterone, people might volunteer for meds.
Yet how long do we continue to blame one's genetics or even their childhood upbringing on how they should act as adults? I know plenty of folk who overcome bad childhoods in bad neighborhoods and move on to becoming good adults. Getting jobs, joining the military, moving out of those neighborhoods, etc. and fitting in to society.
I mean yes we can blame it on their upbringing but at some point each individual has to quit blaming that and/or race on why they can't achieve things in life. We see so many that do overcome.

oldfella1962

If it does turn out to be genetic, what would the answer be? I know none of want to use forced meds.. But if the markers did flag some link and with testosterone, people might volunteer for meds.
Yet how long do we continue to blame one's genetics or even their childhood upbringing on how they should act as adults? I know plenty of folk who overcome bad childhoods in bad neighborhoods and move on to becoming good adults. Getting jobs, joining the military, moving out of those neighborhoods, etc. and fitting in to society.
I mean yes we can blame it on their upbringing but at some point each individual has to quit blaming that and/or race on why they can't achieve things in life. We see so many that do overcome.
Fair enough, we all have genetic advantages & disadvantages that we often don't even notice or think about much at all. Regardless for the vast majority of the world's population these differences are minor and don't affect our functioning - we just have to develop a "workaround" to overcome the genetic or non-genetic disadvantages.

As for the "bad neighborhood" idea I am not buying the simplistic excuse of "I have no choice but to be a criminal - you have to be, or you can't survive" because it doesn't make sense. If 90 percent of the violent crime in Augusta GA is committed by blacks (fact) that does not mean that 90 percent of the blacks are criminals! facepalm: Nobody ever claimed that, but many people cannot understand the difference between the two claims!

For every career criminal in any given zip code there are 95 law abiding citizens. How do they survive, and even prosper? :huh: Like you said, we see so many that overcome.

And I suppose you are right in that if we find out that any demographic does indeed have a "bad behavior" gene, that would very likely be used as yet another excuse for bad behavior rather than a "heads up" to find that sensible "workaround" to overcome it.

A little off-topic and not an apples-to-apples comparison by any stretch, but I'll take my own situation:
it wasn't until well into middle age that I finally found out just why my brain is so messed up (I won't get into all that in this thread) and that some - but not all - of my problems are my physical "brain wiring" and meds will not have any effect. I could have taken a "oh whoa is me" approach, but I have taken the view of trying to see the advantages of my brain wiring and incorporate these advantages into being a better father & husband.

DAVE

I don't know why a huge percentage of Black people compared to other races can't resist barbaric behavior like killing, robbing, stealing and hating and it is not just American Blacks, criminal behavior is the norm in Black majority countries. The thing that confuses me the most is why the rest of humanity always wants to make excuses or come up with some explanation as to why it is not really the Black man's fault but somebody else's. It does not matter the reason just know this, if you find yourself in a Black community, you just increased your chances of becoming a victim many times over.

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
A deranged and dangerous man blew a gasket and killed his mama, granny, and another woman.

Then killed himself, for the best possible outcome.

There are no reasons or explanations.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don't know why a huge percentage of Black people compared to other races can't resist barbaric behavior like killing, robbing, stealing and hating and it is not just American Blacks, criminal behavior is the norm in Black majority countries. The thing that confuses me the most is why the rest of humanity always wants to make excuses or come up with some explanation as to why it is not really the Black man's fault but somebody else's. It does not matter the reason just know this, if you find yourself in a Black community, you just raise increased your chances of becoming a victim many times over.

They are the only race I know of that when they get started, they get so destructive as to destroy and or burn down their own places of habitation. In addition to everything else as well.

oldfella1962

A deranged and dangerous man blew a gasket and killed his mama, granny, and another woman.

Then killed himself, for the best possible outcome.

There are no reasons or explanations.
If he just could have started with killing himself it could have saved a lot of needless tragedy. :(

Artfuldodger

I wonder with all the Hispanics now living in rural Georgia how does their crime statistics stack up against that of Blacks or Whites?
If we back up to Latin American countries, "The region registers close to 40 per cent of the world’s murders despite being home to only 9 per cent of the global population.

Could this somehow be contributed to a genetic anger issue as well?

oldfella1962

I wonder with all the Hispanics now living in rural Georgia how does their crime statistics stack up against that of Blacks or Whites?
If we back up to Latin American countries, "The region registers close to 40 per cent of the world’s murders despite being home to only 9 per cent of the global population.

Could this somehow be contributed to a genetic anger issue as well?
You never know! If I were as rich as Elon Musk I'd be hiring scientists from all over the world to research it, and any anything else I could think of.

That said, "Elon Musk" sounds like the name of a cologne. :unsure:

Latest posts