Moultrie Ga. shooting.....

DannyW

Can mental illness pass from parent to child genetically? Yes, genetics can be a factor in mental illness in any and all races.

Plenty of examples such as the Murdaugh murders in SC to demonstrate all races have individuals that can go homicidal.

But IMO thuggery is a learned behavior, lifestyle, etc. I learned from my parents to get up off my butt and go to school and work on the farm to earn my keep. The real threat of a leather belt made compliance with parental expectations mandatory.

There was a thread about some thugs in Habersham county a fews days ago. Thuggery can be found in all demographics as well.

The young folks in this video from Maryland learned their behavior from someone they consider a role model.

I suspect the gun jam, as they describe it in the video, was actually the case of a young kid not knowing about a thing called a "safety".

I think we all agree that education is a huge factor in falling into the thug life. I just looked it up and 16% of kids dropped out of Georgia high schools last year. The dropout rates were nearly identical between blacks and whites (around 4.5% for each) despite blacks comprising only around 13% of the total population, and whites 70%. That roughly extrapolates to black kids dropping out at a rate of 5 times the rate of white kids.

A few years back, I saw an interesting study of what it takes to live a prosperous life. The study concluded that were 3 simple rules to success, and if you followed them, there was a 90% chance that you would be a success - regardless of race.

Rule #1: Finish high school.
Rule #2: Don't marry until you are at least 21.
Rule #3: Don't have or father kids until you are married.

The study concluded these are cornerstones to success.

Sounds simple doesn't it?

Artfuldodger

Good call! If memory serves there have been studies linking higher testosterone levels with violence. As for whites committing "mass shootings" (when we can get a consistent apples-to-apples definition of "mass shooting") per capita whites commit more and have a higher killed/injured ratio when we commit any shootings. The facts bear this out. And yes I have a theory (hypothesis I guess, maybe just an opinion) about that:

Whites are just as violent as any demographic group, but commit the most preplanned, efficient shootings. Do whites just fly off the handle at a bowling alley and spray bullets, injuring more people than they kill? Yes they do, but not as often. Whites generally keep their anger restrained & controlled long enough to plan out & strategize their deadly deeds.

I look at it like this: how often can we hear about a violent/deadly crime - but not the suspects - and correctly guess the demographic group? Because whites tend to do their shooting in a calculated way more often.
Whites tend to use the gun as a tool rather than an expression of their emotions. Genetics or culture? I don't care which scientists study this or what the causes may end up being, but perhaps it could end up leading to something significant - who knows?
Perhaps thugs of any race use guns as an expression of their emotions. Suppose the US had no minority races. Would the reason the White thugs killing folk be based on their race? No, we would then base it on nothing other than thuggery. We might base it on their neighborhoods or what country their parents came from such as they did with the gangs of New York. But it really didn't have anything to do with genetics of a whole race or even descendants of a particular country. They just formed gangs of thugs among their own kind.

oldfella1962

Guess a lot on here about a lot of shooting involving that race. As they are making it out to be. Every town with over 150,000 is experiencing the African Americans shooting each other. Closes to me is Columbus Georgia. Almost every morning there is a shooting. The victims and the shooters are pretty much Africa American. The mug shots look like thugs.
The reason moultrie made news is because it’s a little smaller town.
They are coming to your little town next.
Now the Democratic’s want our guns because of the system they have created.
But as always your post is like , well we the bad guy for pointing out what we see.
Yes they sone bad white boys to. Then it’s the double whammy on the Caucasian.
The numbers in the prison system gets turned to where law enforcement is against them. Everyone forgets the crime
I know I preach like a broken record about this, but if you take legit mental illness and racial demographics off the table, most violent crimes - to include shootings - can be traced back to no fathers in the homes.
This is a documented, scientific, provable fact. Nobody on either side on the political aisle can dispute this. People can spin how/why this came to be, but no fathers in homes is detrimental to society.

Way back in the day like the 1920's for example - bear in mind data gathering wasn't as thorough then as it is in 2023 - black and white violent crime rates were pretty much the same. Fathers in the homes rates were about the same too. It was a time of incredibly unfair & racist policies toward blacks & other minorities. Yet black families stayed together - maybe because their grandparents & relatives were actual slaves!
Thus they knew how ripping families apart - as was done with slavery - was horrific and keeping a family together should be the most important thing to them and should never happen again. Flash forward to the late 1960's - and through various factors too involved to get into with this thread - there is a mass exodus of fathers from black homes. :(

Even when black conservatives point out the fractured family structure, they are shouted down by white liberals who call them Uncle Tom.

Let's say the legal/justice/penal system is unfair for minorities. Lets say all systems in America are racist (like the left does). That's something no minority family can fix at this time because it's a big ship to turn around.
But black fathers do have the power to stay with their families! For the people that say it's harder for them because they are incarcerated at higher rates than whites let's be honest - buy a Jail Report magazine which lists the names and photos of every single person arrested and what crimes they are suspected of. Which demographic is committing the majority of the crimes, especially the violent crimes like rape, aggravated assault and homicide which (in Georgia for sure) pretty much guarantees at least some prison time? Last time I checked, nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to put a gun to a store clerk's head. If you choose to commit crimes (knowing that the legal system is biased against you!) then you will get caught eventually and incarcerated and doomed to never having a good paying job. It's a vicious circle! A kid has no father in the home, and he becomes a criminal and produces kids who now have an absent incarcerated and/or deadbeat father and here we go again!
What is the motivation to keep fathers in homes regardless of the racial demographic? Bear in mind past behavior is a strong predictor of future behavior, so if the current behavior isn't changed any problem will not get better, only worse. :( How do we fairly balance the safety of society with civil rights?

Artfuldodger

Good call! If memory serves there have been studies linking higher testosterone levels with violence. As for whites committing "mass shootings" (when we can get a consistent apples-to-apples definition of "mass shooting") per capita whites commit more and have a higher killed/injured ratio when we commit any shootings. The facts bear this out. And yes I have a theory (hypothesis I guess, maybe just an opinion) about that:

Whites are just as violent as any demographic group, but commit the most preplanned, efficient shootings. Do whites just fly off the handle at a bowling alley and spray bullets, injuring more people than they kill? Yes they do, but not as often. Whites generally keep their anger restrained & controlled long enough to plan out & strategize their deadly deeds.

I look at it like this: how often can we hear about a violent/deadly crime - but not the suspects - and correctly guess the demographic group? Because whites tend to do their shooting in a calculated way more often.
Whites tend to use the gun as a tool rather than an expression of their emotions. Genetics or culture? I don't care which scientists study this or what the causes may end up being, but perhaps it could end up leading to something significant - who knows?
Somewhat of as study as you mentioned on if Whites control anger better than Blacks. I'm not sure of it's accurate though. Having been in the Military, I haven't seen that difference. But back in the day in the Turpentine Camps, they were pretty rough. But those woods riders and owners were as well.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

I suspect the gun jam, as they describe it in the video, was actually the case of a young kid not knowing about a thing called a "safety".

I think we all agree that education is a huge factor in falling into the thug life. I just looked it up and 16% of kids dropped out of Georgia high schools last year. The dropout rates were nearly identical between blacks and whites (around 4.5% for each) despite blacks comprising only around 13% of the total population, and whites 70%. That roughly extrapolates to black kids dropping out at a rate of 5 times the rate of white kids.

A few years back, I saw an interesting study of what it takes to live a prosperous life. The study concluded that were 3 simple rules to success, and if you followed them, there was a 90% chance that you would be a success - regardless of race.

Rule #1: Finish high school.
Rule #2: Don't marry until you are at least 21.
Rule #3: Don't have or father kids until you are married.

The study concluded these are cornerstones to success.

Sounds simple doesn't it?
It is simple, and pretty much all successful & prosperous countries on this planet follow these three rules. Pretty much all successful families follow these three rules. I'm no genius, but it seems to me that the more people we have in America that follow these rules the more successful and safer our country will be. :unsure: Now how do we get a fiercely politically divided country to embrace these rules and enthusiastically follow them?

oldfella1962

I worked with the killer's brother. He quit about a month ago to care of his grandmother.
He seemed like a good guy and was always polite.
Hate it for him, loosing his mother and grandmother.
Any word yet on why the Moultrie shooter did this?

Artfuldodger

I worked with the killer's brother. He quit about a month ago to care of his grandmother.
He seemed like a good guy and was always polite.
Hate it for him, loosing his mother and grandmother.
But there are pictures of him on the internet holding guns.

Artfuldodger

White, 26, is believed to have shot and killed his 50-year-old mother at her home as well as his 74-year-old grandmother at her home next door in the early hours of the morning.
He then allegedly traveled to the fast food restaurant, where he was an employee, and shot dead his manager 41-year-old Amia Smith.
Surveillance footage, seen by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, captures White arriving at the restaurant and then getting Smith to come to the door. White then allegedly shot Smith before entering the McDonald’s and turning the gun on himself.

That doesn't seem to be an anger issue to me. Perhaps if they were all in the same house. And to shoot his own grandmother? Might be more to it than just his race or him being a male.

oldfella1962

But there are pictures of him on the internet holding guns.
I think Wanderlust is talking about the killer's brother, not the killer. That said, is the brother holding guns in a picture?

oldfella1962

I agree he was nothing but a thug who happens to be Black. But his genetics didn't make him a thug no more than any other thug. His thugness is what made him kill, not his genetics. His life, his upbringing, his friends, etc.
No doubt thug culture makes a difference in the Chicago style gun homicides, for example (excluding innocent bystanders when bullets are flying). But is culture the only difference? Detailed scientific inquiry would be something to consider, but that type of inquiry is not allowed.

oldfella1962

Perhaps thugs of any race use guns as an expression of their emotions. Suppose the US had no minority races. Would the reason the White thugs killing folk be based on their race? No, we would then base it on nothing other than thuggery. We might base it on their neighborhoods or what country their parents came from such as they did with the gangs of New York. But it really didn't have anything to do with genetics of a whole race or even descendants of a particular country. They just formed gangs of thugs among their own kind.
I get that. I base my hypothesis on non-scientific personal observation & experiences, but here's what I observe, taken with a grain of salt - but your mileage may vary: lower middle-class whites carry guns in public places. Lower middle-class blacks carry guns in public places. Apples-to-apples so far, right? Yet in the vast majority of crime reports, the blacks get upset over something seemingly trivial and inconsequential and bullets start flying with what seems like no regard for human life. Does culture or genetics or a combination of the two (or some completely different factor) come into play? That's all I'm asking.

oldfella1962

I see it too, I lived in Albany and near Augusta. I was mostly debating with Oddfella that thinks it's genetic. I think it's more to do with male gender than racial genetics. And from there, like you say how one is raised by his family. The dude was a thug.
I think it very likely could be genetic. I have no way to test this. As for gender being a factor this has been proven already - across all racial demographics, testosterone makes for more aggressive behavior in males.

oldfella1962

Destruction of of the nuclear family and poverty seem to be common factors in thuggery.
True! And if you can escape being poor, you can at least keep your family together. Blacks kept families together before the 1960's yet they were poor for the most part, and their violent crime rates weren't off the scale like they are now. All this data is available online.

buckpasser

True! And if you can escape being poor, you can at least keep your family together. Blacks kept families together before the 1960's yet they were poor for the most part, and their violent crime rates weren't off the scale like they are now. All this data is available online.

It’s more convenient (for the elite left) to keep them as welfare slaves and bought votes than to leave their families intact, or to change course now.

oldfella1962

It’s more convenient (for the elite left) to keep them as welfare slaves and bought votes than to leave their families intact, or to change course now.
HA! You hit the bullseye there! I'm not saying that all liberals & leftists (in the entire world) are bad by nature, but the Democratic Party as it represents liberalism here in the United States is the most destructive force black people have ever faced. :( And the worst thing about them is if you dare accuse Dems of deliberately keeping blacks "on the plantation" and systemically manipulating them as nothing but consistent votes, they say that Republicans are racists and bigots that will oppress them unless they vote for the Democrats who end up....ironically....oppressing them! :crazy:
And they way Democrats absolutely slam black Conservatives as being Uncle Toms and Oreos only encourages further vilification by the families & friends of the black Conservatives. That is some low-down diabolical stuff right there. :mad:

basstrkr

How about this theory: There is always gonna be something wrong. No matter what kind of utopia is set up there is gonna be unrest, violence, unhappiness, crime, killings. If we were all the same race, same wealth level, same county we would still find something to mess it up with?

oldfella1962

How about this theory: There is always gonna be something wrong. No matter what kind of utopia is set up there is gonna be unrest, violence, unhappiness, crime, killings. If we were all the same race, same wealth level, same county we would still find something to mess it up with?
Have humans ever not messed things up? :unsure:

Big7

The Oracle
Was he a vet? I heard someone say the first meds were issued by the V.A. I have not looked as it just occurred to me while reading your post that I had heard that.
Both points true what I gather from radio and TV.

Politics got in now where you can't get a benzo or a pain killer.

Off topic a little right here but I BEEN saying since before the fentanyl crisis that cutting back on legitimate pain meds would cause a big spike in heroine trafficking and overdoses.

And... I WAS RIGHT.