Nelly and Tanny in Kansas

nellyw92

It's been a case of the miserable monday. Started with rain keeping us from hunting then the alternator going bad, then not seeing much on the cams we checked to missing a good deer. He was about 135-140. My bow hit a limb and shot the arrow in all crazy and I think went behind and under him. I guess the good news is I didn't injure him.
About an hour later I got to watch a funky little 7 point make a rub and walk in to 15 yds and make some more rubs. That was fun getting to watch some at least got to end the day on a positive note

Smokim

It is day 5 of 8 for us. We need to make this happen and get home early. First cold morning we have had. We are planning an all day sit. Weather and wind is right, let's see if we can sling an arrow!

Smokim

Nelly buck headed east towards our other stand. I had a real nice buck come in but he broke off half his rack.

Smokim

Well the rain messed up our all day sit plans. But we did see the first good buck movement this morning. We walked in this afternoon to a light rain but now has stopped and the sun is peaking through. Last 45 min of the day, maybe he will make a mistake.

nellyw92

The baby 8 is staying halfway interested in this doe. Harassing her a tad bit but walking away for a few minutes then coming back to see her. This is fun to watch, be a lot more fun if it was uncle Charlie!

nellyw92

Another lone die in field walking towards be. This one is much bigger hopefully she brings a bigger boyfriend!

nellyw92

Forgot to mention I'm hunting the stand that Tanny hunted this morning, looks like he shoulda stayed here

Smokim

Day 6 of 8. Its Nov 7 and time to draw blood. It is good and cold. We started seeing deer at first light and I had a shooter on the hill 120 yds out but could not coax him in. I am in a spot we call the T and we have been saving it because it is close to bedding area. I have seen six so far. We brought lunch so planning an all day sit.

Smokim

From Nelly

So far the 7th has lived up to expectations. I've seen 3 bucks and all have been in range. The 1 sided rack tanny saw yesterday would have been a beast with both sides, he was 20 yds from me. Then had another 1 sided deer take sane trail other deer took just opposite direction. Then had a shooter show up and the small 1 side and shooter were chasing a doe all around me and I couldn't getting a shot. About 15 min go by and shooter shows back up on trail other bucks took and walks out 35 yds. I've got great shot and great footage but my release isn't all the way on the dloop and a misfire scares him off. I've had firs all around me until about 930. Let's hope all this tough luck turns around before Friday!

Smokim

From Nelly

So far the 7th has lived up to expectations. I've seen 3 bucks and all have been in range. The 1 sided rack tanny saw yesterday would have been a beast with both sides, he was 20 yds from me. Then had another 1 sided deer take sane trail other deer took just opposite direction. Then had a shooter show up and the small 1 side and shooter were chasing a doe all around me and I couldn't getting a shot. About 15 min go by and shooter shows back up on trail other bucks took and walks out 35 yds. I've got great shot and great footage but my release isn't all the way on the dloop and a misfire scares him off. I've had firs all around me until about 930. Let's hope all this tough luck turns around before Friday!