question: what do you guys do with the coyotes you shot?

Big7

The Oracle
Drag them off the property if they are close to camp or feeders. Otherwise, let em' lay.

Lilly001

I like to hang them from a fence.
A warning to other yotes in the area.

Big7

The Oracle
do you skin it and sell the pelt?
do you eat the meat?
or do you just do it for the sport?
A little bit for sport. Not much.

Mainly for the turkey, quail and rabbits.
They have decimated quail and rabbit north of Macon and they are now hurting the turkey.

I've posted before, unless I'm really on to something or it's the peak of rut, I smoke them with a 7MM 150gr GameKing running around 3K.

Off season, if I can get somebody to call for me they get a 6MM NBT running 4100fps. That one really makes a mess.

Haven't had an opportunity lately. No where to go but I wish I did. I'd be happy to help a farmer or hunting club out for free. I can travel and camp a day or 2 if anybody needs some help.
I won't leave nothing but a dead Yote and a footprint.

Lilly001

do you skin it and sell the pelt?
do you eat the meat?
or do you just do it for the sport?
Not much value in tote hides this time of year.
Yotes eat most anything including road kill. I’ll pass on them until I get more hungry than I am now.
And sport is only a related reason. I’m killing them to protect the native animals they prey on. Otherwise I wouldn’t care much. Kind of like armadillos.

sportsman94

Not much value in tote hides this time of year.
Yotes eat most anything including road kill. I’ll pass on them until I get more hungry than I am now.
And sport is only a related reason. I’m killing them to protect the native animals they prey on. Otherwise I wouldn’t care much. Kind of like armadillos.
*Not much value in yote hides at any time of year

Big7

The Oracle
I remember when they started showing up at our family farm where my Grandfather lived.

She had a nephew my Daddy and Uncle's age, she sold him about 8 acres to build on and when he started killing them, my Uncle would tell me and I didn't believe him.

I rode by the relative's barn one day and he had the back of it covered in Yote hides. Probably 30 tacked up there and he was selling them.

I was glad he was there ( for that, he was a major pain on some things) to keep them Yotes beat down.

At one point my Daddy started paying for dead Yotes. They were killing calves he and my Uncle were in together on.

Whoever came up with the bright idea to "reintroduce" those destructive critters was an idiot. Hope DNR don't try any more tricks like that. I never seen a Yote until I was grown and I stayed in the woods so I know there wasn't any.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Poor Ol wiley e coyote all he wanted to do was catch the roadrunner.

Liberty

Shot on sight and left for the buzzards unless during deer season, then it’s shot on sight and drug away from the stand, still left for the buzzards

Doug B.

A little bit for sport. Not much.

Mainly for the turkey, quail and rabbits.
They have decimated quail and rabbit north of Macon and they are now hurting the turkey.

I've posted before, unless I'm really on to something or it's the peak of rut, I smoke them with a 7MM 150gr GameKing running around 3K.

Off season, if I can get somebody to call for me they get a 6MM NBT running 4100fps. That one really makes a mess.

Haven't had an opportunity lately. No where to go but I wish I did. I'd be happy to help a farmer or hunting club out for free. I can travel and camp a day or 2 if anybody needs some help.
I won't leave nothing but a dead Yote and a footprint.
I don't worry about the rut. I have killed multiple coyotes and nice bucks in the same hunt.