Rejected once again!

South Man

Just received my notices that I was rejected for deer and State park hunts again! :whip:

The Arrow Guru

I got picked for Sapelo AGAIN. This time we applied for November instead of December. The captain of our little group put in for the Tugaloo State Park hunt but for some reason only used one point and of course we got denied, We are going back to the island again though.

gordylew

Another rejected year for me as well. Wish I could sell someone some points, I would be rich.

BowanaLee

Just got my 3rd rejection on Panola Mtn. How many will it take ?

movesatlanta

Where can I go to read and get an understanding of putting in for hunts? Have always hunted private property and want to start exploring this option in GA as well as putting in for tags in other states.

deerbandit

I have 6 state park rejections holding out that open a new one soon! Got 7 deer quota ones cant ever decide where to go.

hunt6x6elk1

Tugaloo hunt

Don't feel bad if you weren't picked. just got done with the hunt. What a bust. Only 17 hunters of the 30 showed and the DNR guys told us at the safety meeting that the park only has a population of about 40 deer total. There were 5 deer taken total and all came from 4 hunters on the first day. I saw some the first day and NOTHING the last two days. Most folks left after Saturday. It is not like the state park hunts when they first have them for overpopulation.
The park officials were great to work with though and very helpful. The one that drove thru constantly to make sure we were ok didn't even see any deer from his truck the last two days. Use your points elsewhere!

bowhunterdavid

Been rejected 8 years in a roll on a Arizona archery mule deer and elk tag, be glad you can hunt in Georgia, I have a friend who lives in Utah and they have to draw a tag just to hunt in the state they live in, it might take him 3 to 4 years just to draw a deer tag and longer on elk.

South Man

Don't feel bad if you weren't picked. just got done with the hunt. What a bust. Only 17 hunters of the 30 showed and the DNR guys told us at the safety meeting that the park only has a population of about 40 deer total. There were 5 deer taken total and all came from 4 hunters on the first day. I saw some the first day and NOTHING the last two days. Most folks left after Saturday. It is not like the state park hunts when they first have them for overpopulation.
The park officials were great to work with though and very helpful. The one that drove thru constantly to make sure we were ok didn't even see any deer from his truck the last two days. Use your points elsewhere!

Thanks! Sounds like I'm glad I was rejected!