Stihl battery powered chainsaws

Gaswamp

anyone that has a stihl battery powered chainsaw give me their impressions please

buddy has a husky. Not what you’re asking about. His does good. It’s a lot lighter than a gas and does a good job.I don’t care for husky’s they always have issues with the chains staying tight. Stihl and husky are the two best electric saws and everything I have read and seen in reviews.

ChidJ

Its no replacement for a bigger saw, especially in the field but its really nice if you are climbing in a tree. No need to pull start. But for the 800 bucks you pay, if you can only have one saw, I'd bring a gas saw.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have the Ego, good as any light saw around the yard.
Far from $800….

dusty200001

I have used the Milwaukee electric saws. Now I’m not a go electric save the world type of guy but the saw is nice. I believe it turns a little slower and seems to have a little more torque. Because of this I think stays sharper for longer and plus there is the added benefit of not having any loud noise running. I have used these for work, however there still a Sthil gas saw at my house

Last edited:

earlthegoat2

An electric saw will replace my Stihl 024AVS when it pukes next. (Not even going to bother to rebuild it this time. 3 is enough)

Im waiting on the electric saw that will replace my MS660 and be able to mill 30” hardwood logs.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bought one at work awhile back. It's the real deal for what it is. And I'm talking about commercial use. My arborists love it for when they're up working out of a bucket truck. The new generation of Stihl electric equipment is good stuff. Saws, weedeaters, blowers, hedge trimmers, all of it. We have a weedeater and two blowers that my crew has been using a couple years now. Not talking about one of those useless toy crooked-shaft weedeaters either, this one is comparable to a gas-fired one.

Stonewall 2

I know it’s not the Stihl but another shout out for Milwauke. I took mine out to put it to the test last year cutting firewood and took my gas saw for back up. I filled the back of my truck with wood and never fired up the gas one all on one battery charge.

Tight Lines

I have one. I have a Stihl hedge trimmer too. They are great and smaller and lighter than gas. I'd still use gas for big jobs, but for trimming trees, shrubs, carrying in the SxS it's great...Stihl is *mostly* made in the USA and great warranty.

Last edited:

Tight Lines

1689430456709.png
This is the current top list at Consumer Reports...the Stihl they tested was not the best one, I think they chose the cheapest...YMMV

Core Lokt

I know of several tree services that use them around here mostly for limbing but they speak highly of them.

pjciii

My Ryobi has done what I have needed so far. I do have a gas backup. Use a Ryobi and DeWalt at my son's after Michael. It handled everything we threw at them. Trees, limbs, sections of fence, shed pieces. I was impressed with both. Charged them from a generator.