Stihl battery powered chainsaws

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I have a Dewalt only because I already had 3 or 4 batteries. Love it. It wears me out after a battery or two.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
For an old guy the battery powered are so much lighter. I can get more done before getting wore out.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I got a small 40 volt Ryobi saw after I got the 40v blower. Really nice for around the house stuff, small scale trees etc.
the best part is you have the job done during the 30 minutes it used to take just to get the gas saw powered up and going.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Following this one. I got my first battery powered blower, a Ryobi, and am loving it. But the first charger died pretty quick and I got two batteries before I realized it was the charger. Had the same charger issue with the exact same one at work……I loved the one from work so I bought the same one. Can’t say I’m disappointed with Ryobi, but I knew I was buying the cheapest option and pretty much got what I expected.
Stiihl surely would be a better brand, but in general I too am sold on battery powered equipment…….other than a cordless screwdriver. ive been pondering the purchase of a battery powered chainsaw for a while now.

DannyW

I was an early adopter on battery power tools. Too early. I soon recognized the old Kodak marketing model of selling the cameras cheap (tools) and making their profits on developing (selling replacement batteries).

Around 2014-2015 I bought a Dewalt cordless drill and discovered times had changed. Haven't owned a battery powered chainsaw yet, but my Stihl MS361 is way more saw than I need for homeowner use. It's been 10 years or more since I have used a chainsaw for more than 10-15 minutes.

Only use the Stihl 2-3-4 times a year. Could see myself selling it and buying a cordless model. I now trust batteries and cordless is less hassle than mixed gas for the small jobs I usually have.

Meriwether Mike

I have the Dewalt 12 inch electric and have been pleased with it for light work and trimming. The only issue I have had is it leaks the bar oil and makes a mess. I store it in a plastic tub to capture the mess. If I have to cut a big tree I am going with the gas powered Stihl.