Team 28 has been named "Team Freedom"

meandmydog

Lets go guys lets win this thing.If any one wants to try and hook up and hunt together let me know im game.

BCHunter

What do you guys think that it will take to win this. I have not been in this contest before but if I had to guess it would probably take at least 2 birds each to have a shot. My personal goal is 3 mature longbeards & at least 1 for my son. How many of you have taken the limit before. It is a good sign when 2 of your team members have 2 birds in a pic for an avatar!!!!
Good Luck & lets get it done!
Chad

Coach Reynolds

@ meandmydog: I'd love to get together and do some hunting. Maybe we can set something up for middle to end of April.

@ BCHunter: It's going to take most of us getting two birds and a one or two of us taking all three. They are going to have to be mature birds each. With that said, if you want to take a jake don't pass it just because you worried about this little challenge. If you want to take a jake, take it and enjoy it. I've limited out once and doubled several times. Since 1999 (when I killed my first bird & second bird) until last season I have at least killed one bird. Last year I had the chance to shoot a jake but I passed. It was hard to watch the season go away and not have one bird. But I've decided to not shoot jakes any more. Disclaimer to my “no jakes” rule: If we are fighting for the lead in this challenge & a jake will help, I WILL pull the trigger! :)

brlewis

No gobbles this morning for us. it was real quite. I have limited out twice. I should have limited out last year. I have a week off in ten days. I saw a strutter this afternoon, i will try him in the morning

BCHunter

I didn't get to hunt this morning but will get going Monday morning after the 12-8 shift. I am off several days next week so I will get serious then. Good Luck guys!

Coach Reynolds

Good job this weekend to those who got out...I know we haven't scored yet but it'll happen soon.

Looks like I get to go for the first time on Wednesday afternoon. I'll be doing the calling for my cousin but if two show up, then it's on!!!

BCHunter

Team Freedom scores!

I got this bird this morning at 9:10 a.m.
Left this bird gobbling yesterday morning because I don't hunt on Sunday. I got off work this morning at 8:00 a.m. I set up my decoy about 9:00 a.m. on a powerline close to where I heard him yesterday morning. Before I could make a call he hammered! A few calls with my Lynch Longbeard box & 10 minutes later he was flopping in the powerline.......... short & sweet!!

Attachments

• PICT0496 (600 x 571).jpg
    PICT0496 (600 x 571).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 224

Gobblergetter

congrats BCHunter!

Saturday I had several set ups get messed up. went bird to bird and covered lots of ground. At around 12 I called one in and missed in the thick palmettos. Sunday I hunted with my buddy in the rain and he killed a good bird. I didn't kill but for public land it was a great time. Today the weather wasn't to good and I never really got on one.

I'll redeam myself soon:shoot:

meandmydog

Killed this one sat 9:30

he was strutting with 5 hens .I did the sneak on him.

Attachments

• DSCN0064.jpg
    DSCN0064.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 210

meandmydog

Thats cool call me 4048863359
@ meandmydog: I'd love to get together and do some hunting. Maybe we can set something up for middle to end of April.

@ BCHunter: It's going to take most of us getting two birds and a one or two of us taking all three. They are going to have to be mature birds each. With that said, if you want to take a jake don't pass it just because you worried about this little challenge. If you want to take a jake, take it and enjoy it. I've limited out once and doubled several times. Since 1999 (when I killed my first bird & second bird) until last season I have at least killed one bird. Last year I had the chance to shoot a jake but I passed. It was hard to watch the season go away and not have one bird. But I've decided to not shoot jakes any more. Disclaimer to my “no jakes” rule: If we are fighting for the lead in this challenge & a jake will help, I WILL pull the trigger! :)

BCHunter

Hey guys there has been a lot of talk about the pictures entered for the contest. Please take the time and do it right. Cell phones are ok & legal but the newspaper is the way to go I think. Everyone can see the newspaper front cover in each pic. I would also say get a very close up shot of the birds head & the date. Not trying to tell anyone what to do but lets not loose valuable points on a technicality. I have a copy of the rules in my vest with me just as a reminder.

Good luck to each of you!
Chad

Coach Reynolds

Out-freaking-standing guys!!! Those are some great birds!!! I know it's only been opening weekend but it's killing me that I haven't been to the woods yet. I'm getting in there tomorrow though.

BCHunter

Another one for the team!

I set up between a clear cut & a food plot yesterday afternoon about 5:00 p.m. After about 20 minutes of silence I heard footsteps coming from behind me ...... uh oh not good! I cut and cackled real loud with my Lynch Longbeard box and they hammered back ...... 4 longbeard were headed my way! I had to roll to my right side and prepare for a shot left handed (not good because I am right handed). Well they were about 30 yards out and I squeezed the trigger ......... nothing??? I forgot to take the safety off...... so I moved my right hand off the forend & pushed off the safety and let the biggest bird of the 4 have it . Going with my bow in hand in the morning.
Good Luck guys!

Attachments

• PICT0520 (482 x 600).jpg
    PICT0520 (482 x 600).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 202

Gobblergetter

got a public land bird this morning. It was tough getting the pictures by myself but I'm pretty sure I got them all.

I'll enter him tomorrow but heres a picture
IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

Last edited:

Coach Reynolds

Dang...looks like me and brlewis need to get on the ball!!! I'm going in the morning before church so I hope to drop one before the rain falls and God calls! :)