Team 28 has been named "Team Freedom"

brlewis

I am working on it. No gobbles 5 mornings!!!!!!!!

I think my birds are like two weeks behind where they normally are. I got off this week.

BCHunter

team score totals are up

Hey Guys,
The team score totals for week #1 are listed on the Teams Thread. We are in the top 10 (maybe top 5) so far ...... we need every posible point! Please take the time needed to enter your bird ......... this is a team effort. Please enjoy your season and all it has to offer .....but if you head out after a bird please take the team into consideration when you get a bird. This has got to be the simplest contest that I have ever been a part of. Just take your digital camera with you & take the needed pics. Also know that a turkey is different from a deer. It will last a while before "going bad". We all have jobs & other things going on but when you signed on to enter this contest you made a commitment to be part of a team. You gave your word. I guess this is just a competitive part of me coming out but needed to be said.
Enough from me on this matter. :yawn:
Good Luck & God Bless!
BCHunter

Coach Reynolds

Right on BCHunter! Heck I just wish I could hear a gobble right now. Sunday morning....nothing. Monday midday.....nothing. But I'll be in the woods Tuesday-Thursday next week so I hope to score for us then. Good job guys, keep dropping the hammer on these long beards!

brlewis

I need to hear a gobble. I sat in a plot yesterday from 3-5pm, a hen came in but that was it. Getting ready to go to a new place this morning. It needs to get better can't get any worse.

BCHunter

Awesome morning in the Turkey Woods!!!!!
My 13 year old son, Jace, got a big bird this morning.
We were set up in a ground blind at my hunting club in Laurens County. We didn't get to the blind until 10:00 a.m. and the woods were alive with all kind of spring sounds. We were set up on the foodplot that I have been getting all the good trailcam pics in. At about 11:15 a.m. this bird came slipping in and never gobbled. He just eased on up to the decoy and my son shot him with his 870 20 ga. mag. Hevi 13 #6 at 25 yards. Got it all on video too!
God Blessed us today in so many ways! Thank You Lord!

Attachments

• PICT0529 (600 x 531).jpg
    PICT0529 (600 x 531).jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 254
  • PICT0525 (600 x 450).jpg
    PICT0525 (600 x 450).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Gobblergetter

awesome! congrats to him:fine:

I had a great mornig in the woods but did not kill. It was my 5th morning hunting the bird I have named rehab. This is the first time he's gobbled more than 3 times and the first gobble was at 6:40! The jake that was with him came and took a look into my eye balls and spooked.. with him running around putting rehab shut up and the hens took him away. I finally got close enough, and with him talking I have finally figured out what he's doing. May try to make a quick hunt in the morning..

brlewis

Called up three jakes this morning, it is getting better for me. Saw a tom in the field the morning before. I will be back in that field again in the morning looking for that Tom.

Gobblergetter

Well I missed again this morning:banginghe

I have never really missed before this season and I've missed twice. This year I put a red dot on my gun and I'm not sure were getting along haha Maybe I'll get it together

brlewis

I had one at 50 yard this morning. I hope to take him this coming weekend. I have located three good birds just need the hens to go away for a while. I hunted 9 morning straight and only had two gobble all week. I am working guys

Coach Reynolds

I'm off to second hunt at Piedmont NWR tomorrow afternoon. I'll be there through Thursday. I'm still on step 1: Hear a bird! Sorry guys, this has NOT been a normal year for me, just haven't had the time to hunt this year. I've got a baby for the first time!

brlewis

Update went this afternoon, the tom did not show up in the field , land owner said he has been there last two days at 6:15 pm. I will try him again 2morrow. I went riding and found another tom in another field at 755 pm. I will check on him Sat morning.

brlewis

update again. If you want me to kill a jake i can do that i called in three this afternoon at 730. sat from 5- until 630 at one place and drove to the other spot and sat until 750 pm. I will try them again 2morrow. I will have to wait until saturday to hunt in morning.

Gobblergetter

I finally killed ol rehab this morning:fine:
IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

Last edited:

BCHunter

Congrats Gobblergetter on gettin' "Rehab"!!:cool:
Glad you are having a good season like I have had.
I have had 9 longbeards called to the gun so far and this season is far from over.
I hope to get #3 this weekend...... a big bird that I think will score well.... I have seen him several times with many trailcam pics of him also. I call him "+4" because he is at least 4 years old.

Gobblergetter

Thanks Bc its been an awesome year. I've killed 3, missed 2, seen 6 die and 9 shot at haha

I filmed Trey Wetherington kill one this morning.. hope to film my buddies little cousin kill his first in the morning.

I still have one to kill here and plan on getting it.. good luck to you with the big bird BC. How have the rest of you been doing?