UGA did not have a 'GREAT' season!

I see this a lot.

How in the world can you have a 'great' season when you lose a game you should have won?

How can you have a 'great' season without winning a NC?

How can a season be 'great' when it ends in disappointment?

groundhawg

While I was rooting for Alabama I though that despite the final score UGA played a whale of a game, maybe better than ‘Bama. Was a game where I hated that either had to lose. In a few days I hope the Georgia fans see that they had a great season and likely are on the way to the finals again next year and forward. Watched many college football games this past season and the three that I thought were they best coached and played were Troy and LSU, UGA’s win over Auburn and their comeback last week to beat OK.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I 100% agree. In a time of participation trophies this is what the state of Georgia sports fans are happy with now. Alabama smashed their participation trophy and that's why they win championships. The same can be said for the Patriots and the Falcons. The Patriots fans expect to win, Falcon fans hope to win.
I'm not a fan of Alabama or New England fan either, just an outsiders view point.

GeorgiaBob

A 19 year old kid, from a town in Georgia, leads a team that is building a program under a second year coach, through some of the toughest football teams in the nation. UGA stumbles only once on it's way through stiff competition to a playoff game. In the first playoff, against a very good OK team, the young UGA players keep their poise and persevere.

Then with everything on the table, a couple of bad calls that interfere with UGA efforts, a surprisingly effective QB replacement from the other bench, against the most successful college football program in modern history, the Georgia Bulldogs push the game to overtime, score first, and scare the socks off Alabama fans before one downfield coverage failure allows the Tide to eek out a win.

I call that a great season, and forecast more to come!

alphachief

That's the problem with big time college football these days. If you don't win the NC, you haven't had a great season. Completely foolish concept in my book. I'm no UGA fan, but Kirby and the Dawg Nation had a great and exciting year. If you want an example of a "not great season" take a look at my FSU team's season. That's what not great looks like.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A 19 year old kid, from a town in Georgia, leads a team that is building a program under a second year coach, through some of the toughest football teams in the nation. UGA stumbles only once on it's way through stiff competition to a playoff game. In the first playoff, against a very good OK team, the young UGA players keep their poise and persevere.

Then with everything on the table, a couple of bad calls that interfere with UGA efforts, a surprisingly effective QB replacement from the other bench, against the most successful college football program in modern history, the Georgia Bulldogs push the game to overtime, score first, and scare the socks off Alabama fans before one downfield coverage failure allows the Tide to eek out a win.

I call that a great season, and forecast more to come!

What he said. ^

brownceluse

That's the problem with big time college football these days. If you don't win the NC, you haven't had a great season. Completely foolish concept in my book. I'm no UGA fan, but Kirby and the Dawg Nation had a great and exciting year. If you want an example of a "not great season" take a look at my FSU team's season. That's what not great looks like.

I agree. This has to be the most ignorant thread of all time in the sports forum.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
It was a great season.

Rob

Congrats to UGA - it was a great season! Only two teams made it that far - finishing second is not fun but still better than 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc......

rjcruiser

i agree with you and bob

I agree with you and bob and elfii:D

I agree. This has to be the most ignorant thread of all time in the sports forum.

Seriously.

No one thought that UGA would make it this far at the beginning of the season and I think if you asked 100 dawg fans in August if they would take a NC berth as the result of the season, they'd all say yes...especially after Eason went down in game 1.

UGA over-delivered this year and even though they had a heartbreaker in the final game, it was a great game...and one they can be proud of.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
UGA had a great season the game could have easily went the other way, without those two calls.

henrydaviss

Did not have a great season, Really!!! How many times did Georgia get to the NC Game under Mark Richt in 15 yrs? These boys still rings coming to them. If you are going to lose a game, i'd rather lose to the best team in the nation.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
The Music City Bowl is not a great season.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

A great season for sure! I'm not disappointed. Go Dawgs!

Barfolomew

I'm not really a UGA fan, but come on, they did a lot better this season than most people expected. The won some tight games, won the SEC and didn't fold like a cheap lawn chair when they played some tough opponents. They need to be a bit more consistent and develop some confidence, but that will come in time.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I'm not really a UGA fan, but come on, they did a lot better this season than most people expected. The won some tight games, won the SEC and didn't fold like a cheap lawn chair when they played some tough opponents. They need to be a bit more consistent and develop some confidence, but that will come in time.

And they blew out, the teams they were supposed to blow out.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
UGA had a great season! I'm proud of what this team accomplished. If their is a Dawg that isn't, go pound sand.

rjcruiser

And they blew out, the teams they were supposed to blow out.

Yes....something they never did with past coaches/defenses.

Last year, our Defense under CKS finally held crappy teams to low scores. This year, we added some offense to the equation. Next year, well...sky's the limit. Keep chopping....success doesn't come overnight (or in 1 or 2 seasons).