UGA did not have a 'GREAT' season!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Only fans that have any right to talk trash about UGA are Bama fans. The got there and they beat us in OT.

bullgator

So only one team can have a great season and the other 100+ are disappointed? :banginghe

At the very least, UGA and UCF should be totally thrilled with this year. Is there meat on the bone to go back after?, sure, but to call it a disappointment is ludicrous.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Missing my point

I'm not saying it was a disappointing season. I'm not trash talking. I'm not trolling. The point I'm trying to make is Georgia is on the cusp of doing something great. What I'm saying is, stay hungry and don't be happy with coming in second. What I'm saying is, come September you should expect to win it all. If you hold your team to higher expectations, then the final product will be just that. How long did Richt get a free pass by winning 9 or 10 games a year? Remember 2012 against Notre Dame?
If you win it next year, what term will be used to call it? This season was good, even very good, but don't let emotions from last nights game cause the disappointments from previous years fulfill you.
Stay hungry and demand more. That's the only way you'll ever be on top.
Good job Dawg Nation. See you in September

MudDucker

Staff member
I see this a lot.

How in the world can you have a 'great' season when you lose a game you should have won?

How can you have a 'great' season without winning a NC?

How can a season be 'great' when it ends in disappointment?

Drinking and posting stuff like this makes you look foolish!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm not saying it was a disappointing season. I'm not trash talking. I'm not trolling. The point I'm trying to make is Georgia is on the cusp of doing something great. What I'm saying is, stay hungry and don't be happy with coming in second. What I'm saying is, come September you should expect to win it all. If you hold your team to higher expectations, then the final product will be just that. How long did Richt get a free pass by winning 9 or 10 games a year? Remember 2012 against Notre Dame?
If you win it next year, what term will be used to call it? This season was good, even very good, but don't let emotions from last nights game cause the disappointments from previous years fulfill you.
Stay hungry and demand more. That's the only way you'll ever be on top.
Good job Dawg Nation. See you in September

I got a sneaky feeling CKS was working on this before the NC game was ever played. He know where the weakness is on his team and has set out in a very business like way to address them. And if I say so myself he is doing a fine job.

Whitefeather

Management Material
^^^^^^^

I couldn't agree with you more.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got a sneaky feeling CKS was working on this before the NC game was ever played. He know where the weakness is on his team and has set out in a very business like way to address them. And if I say so myself he is doing a fine job.

Yep. I'd like to have Chubb and Michel for one more go at it but I'm sure CKS has already done the trigonometry on all of that and we'll be fine. It would be great if Swift and either Holyfield or Herrien stepped up and we had another dynamic duo in the backfield. Either way I'm not worried. Foobaw season is fun again with not much anxiety.

I don't see a single game that will give us trouble next year except for maybe LSU and Auburn.

Sept. 1 AUSTIN PEAY
Sept. 8 at South Carolina
Sept. 15 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
Sept. 22 at Missouri
Sept. 29 TENNESSEE
Oct. 6 VANDERBILT
Oct. 13 at LSU
Oct. 27 Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 3 at Kentucky
Nov. 10 AUBURN
Nov. 17 MASSACHUSETTS
Nov. 24 GEORGIA TECH

MudDucker

Staff member
And they can't really talk trash. It took all Bama had to beat the dawgs

This and an incompetent officiating crew. Was it true that the crew left the stadium in new crimson caddies? :bounce:

bullgator

This and an incompetent officiating crew. Was it true that the crew left the stadium in new crimson caddies? :bounce:

If so, Saban has a heck of a reach of influence. This was a Big 10 officiating crew.

MudDucker

Staff member
If so, Saban has a heck of a reach of influence. This was a Big 10 officiating crew.

What, they don't like caddies in the Big 10? Money talks all over the world! :bounce:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Georgia had a great season period. Ask any of the teams that were not in the NC game, if they would have took getting to the end of regulation with the score tied in that game.

Last edited:

lbzdually

Banned
UGA had a great season! I'm proud of what this team accomplished. If their is a Dawg that isn't, go pound sand.

This right here. A freshman QB, freshman RT and RG, an undersized line and they still outplayed the team that has more talent than any team in the country. They almost doubled the average points total that Bama was allowing all year. No one thought UGA would be here at the start of the year. this team built a foundation for years to come by winning again and showing top recruits that UGA is on the rise. 2017 #3 class, 2018 #1 class, and #1 class so far for 2019. This is the least talented team UGA will have for the next 5 years and they were one play away from winning it all. Great, monumental season that has set the entire program forward and any fan that is disappointed in how UGA played the final game doesn't deserve to bask in the future success.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Was it true that the crew left the stadium in new crimson caddies? :bounce:

No it's not true. They were crimson caddies with white rag tops and low profile rims.:bounce:

Hunting Teacher

I see this a lot.

How in the world can you have a 'great' season when you lose a game you should have won?

How can you have a 'great' season without winning a NC?

How can a season be 'great' when it ends in disappointment?
This is meant to be a joke, right?
Did those young men work hard? Did they play for each other? Did they learn that sometimes things go wrong? Did they mature and learn how to hold your head up and keep on clawing. I'm not a GA fan but I do respect Smart and how he changed your culture. Your team had a GREAT year!! Be proud of them. They deserve it!

hayseed_theology

I appreciate the "stay hungry, keep chasing harder" mentality, but this was without question a great season. Just to recap:

- Went into South Bend and beat a good ND team with a true freshman QB in his first start
- Beat 3 of our rivals(UF, UT, & GT) by a combined score of 121-14
- Avenged our only regular season loss by smothering AU for the SEC championship
- Made our first trip to the Rose Bowl in 75 years and beat an excellent OU team led by a Heisman winning QB in one of the most exciting games I've ever watched
- Took the dynasty that is Alabama football under Saban into overtime in the National Championship game and almost walked away with a win

What a great season!