UT vs UGA

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
*he's no Jake fromm

*I think he's better than Jake fromm and I also think he's better for the team. (minus Jake's freshman yr)

BuckNasty83

Just wow man, The DAWGS defense is what took yall out in the 2nd half not yall's QB play.....

Cause and effect yes, but this is the JG that holds us back. And we have seen for 4 years. He fumbled 3 times and threw an int and we were never able to recover with him. He takes 5 secs to make a decision and another 3 to follow through on the decision. He is s.l.o.w. I respect the kids heart, but I really wish Pruitt would go ahead and start bringing Harrison along. Maurer can ball, just a little injury prone.

Y'all's defense is legit and deep. We're just finally getting bodies to serve as backups this year.

Yalls offense will lose ya 1 somewhere though. I dunno who against cause nobody really has a defense this year. Seems the rest of the SEC is turning into a PAC team. High power offense and no defense

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
*he's no Jake fromm

*I think he's better than Jake fromm and I also think he's better for the team. (minus Jake's freshman yr)

Opinions vary. Bennett is not on par with Fromm. He might get there but right now he's still a work in progress. He threw into double and triple cover too many times yesterday. Fromm rarely made mistakes like that.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

BuckNasty83

Go Dawgs! Wasn't pretty at times, but it was a win. That game never should have been as close as it was. Gonna have to cut out stupid mistakes against Bama.
Man it sure was ugly. We had almost 10 panelists in the first half. We were killing ourself. It seemed every other play, we'd do something stupid. Despite how awful we were, we managed to go into halftime with a 21-17 point lead. That's how Jekyll Hyde y'all are.

I think yalls depth just wears people down after half time . What yall got 8 deep on defense? ?

brownceluse

Whatever Kirby does he needs to leave the Mailman right where he is. The kid is a baller and he ain't skurred to run the ball and take a hit and he's got the rest of the team believing in him. We have lots of offensive weapons and if the O line can hold 'em off long enough the Mailman will put the ball where it needs to be. He's no Jake Fromm but he's a doggone good QB and clearly a good leader and he's improving every week.
Stetson has heart! He’s also smart and isn’t just a game manager. This defense has been nasty! True test coming this Saturday. Bama’s offense isn’t as nasty as our defense is. Going to be a fun game! Go Dawgs!

hayseed_theology

Man it sure was ugly. We had almost 10 panelists in the first half. We were killing ourself. It seemed every other play, we'd do something stupid. Despite how awful we were, we managed to go into halftime with a 21-17 point lead. That's how Jekyll Hyde y'all are.

I think yalls depth just wears people down after half time . What yall got 8 deep on defense? ?

The bad snap, going for it in 4th on our side of the field, and not being able to punch it in the end zone before halftime were really costly. Y'all made some mistakes too in the first half but they weren't near as costly. Honestly, it just seemed like y'all wanted it more at that point.

Down the stretch though, that depth really shows up. You are right about that.

I don't get all the JG hate on VolNation. He was in a tough spot without a run game and facing constant pressure. There's no reason to think somebody else would have done any better in that situation. I thought he made some good throws, but also tried too hard to make something happen (because Chaney was kind of depending on him to make something happen). Pruitt has y'all headed in the right direction.

lbzdually

Banned
Nakobe Dean must have spent the entire offseason eating and working out. He got huge and is still fast as most RB's.

Twiggbuster

Stetson has heart! He’s also smart and isn’t just a game manager. This defense has been nasty! True test coming this Saturday. Bama’s offense isn’t as nasty as our defense is. Going to be a fun game! Go Dawgs!

Whenever Bennett runs he picks up yards.
Every time I’m thinking what if Jake had wheels. Opposing Defense knew this.

TinKnocker

Whatever Kirby does he needs to leave the Mailman right where he is. The kid is a baller and he ain't skurred to run the ball and take a hit and he's got the rest of the team believing in him. We have lots of offensive weapons and if the O line can hold 'em off long enough the Mailman will put the ball where it needs to be. He's no Jake Fromm but he's a doggone good QB and clearly a good leader and he's improving every week.
Fromms greatest asset was between his ears and presnap. Stetson seems to have a lot of that too, with a side of being able to scramble better. Still a little underpowered on the arm, but he manages.

TinKnocker

Cause and effect yes, but this is the JG that holds us back. And we have seen for 4 years. He fumbled 3 times and threw an int and we were never able to recover with him. He takes 5 secs to make a decision and another 3 to follow through on the decision. He is s.l.o.w. I respect the kids heart, but I really wish Pruitt would go ahead and start bringing Harrison along. Maurer can ball, just a little injury prone.

Y'all's defense is legit and deep. We're just finally getting bodies to serve as backups this year.

Yalls offense will lose ya 1 somewhere though. I dunno who against cause nobody really has a defense this year. Seems the rest of the SEC is turning into a PAC team. High power offense and no defense
I think as soon as they realize Zeus needs some mental help (I don’t think he trusts those new ACLs yet) and they go to Kenny and Milton as their lead men, they’ll be hard to stop. But right now I think Zeus is getting a lot of carries because of what he’s been through and they’re trying to get the cobwebs out.

But make no mistake, Kenny and Milton are the hot duo right now. Monken needs to get on those horses and ride them!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Was very impressed by what I saw of the 2 young rb's.. .. And Kearis Jackson

BuckNasty83

The bad snap, going for it in 4th on our side of the field, and not being able to punch it in the end zone before halftime were really costly. Y'all made some mistakes too in the first half but they weren't near as costly. Honestly, it just seemed like y'all wanted it more at that point.

Down the stretch though, that depth really shows up. You are right about that.

I don't get all the JG hate on VolNation. He was in a tough spot without a run game and facing constant pressure. There's no reason to think somebody else would have done any better in that situation. I thought he made some good throws, but also tried too hard to make something happen (because Chaney was kind of depending on him to make something happen). Pruitt has y'all headed in the right direction.
Because he has cost us so many games, he's in his 5th year and just don't have it and we know it.

You're right, it probably wouldn't have mattered much who was in, in the 2nd half. Yall made us 1 dimensional. But on the other hand, 1 can only wonder... What if he converted a couple more critical throws, what if he didn't fumble 3 times, what if he didn't throw that interception. All he had to do was allow the punt team to get on the field.

Ga defense did its job, but Getting sacked is one thing, fumbling the ball 3 times is another. So, technically, he lost it. Id like to have seen it play out different is all.

The crazy thing is, the announcers were just talking about how he hadn't threw an int and he threw a freaking int then goes on a fumbling spree. How Tennessee is that lol

brownceluse

Because he has cost us so many games, he's in his 5th year and just don't have it and we know it.

You're right, it probably wouldn't have mattered much who was in, in the 2nd half. Yall made us 1 dimensional. But on the other hand, 1 can only wonder... What if he converted a couple more critical throws, what if he didn't fumble 3 times, what if he didn't throw that interception. All he had to do was allow the punt team to get on the field.

Ga defense did its job, but Getting sacked is one thing, fumbling the ball 3 times is another. So, technically, he lost it. Id like to have seen it play out different is all.

The crazy thing is, the announcers were just talking about how he hadn't threw an int and he threw a freaking int then goes on a fumbling spree. How Tennessee is that lol
If you put that loss on the QB you have no football IQ. That fumble was from his blindside. Tgat INT was because of pressure. Your O line sucks bad. And your play caller is a joke.

hayseed_theology

I didn't remember him fumbling 3 times. I only remembered the scoop and score, but I think he was hit from the blindside on that one.

Latest posts