What do you consider the BEST hunting arrow ???

660griz

I used Carbon Express in the past. Great arrows. Light and tough.
I am now using Easton Da Torch. What is the best? I have no idea. They both shoot where I aim em. :)

Huntinfool

Honestly, this....if anything....is so personally specific, I don't know if anybody can really answer the question.

I can tell you what I'm using right now and why. Easton Carbon Injexion.

I would really not have even gone that way if the guy at my local shop hadn't just said "I'd like you to just try one of these a few times". I just did it to make him happy because I wasn't at all interested in a small diameter arrow. But, after I shot them, I really couldn't say no to the accuracy and penetration I was getting as compared side by side with the regular diameter Gold Tips that I was about to buy.

The small diameter allows them to use a thicker shaft to get to the same weight per inch, it has less wind resistance and I'm really loving the deep six inserts even though it means I will have to buy new broadheads this year.

For my new setup (which is a 60# Synergy that is not super speedy to begin with), I am getting a hugely different degree of penetration into a broadhead target than with other arrows (like multiple inches deeper and many times all the way through the dang target).

Will that translate when it hits a deer? I think so...I hope so. But, either way, I have confidence in the arrows and they are shooting accurately for me. That's what's most important.

bukhuntr

Same here. I know next to nothing about arrows other than someone I trust recommended I try the Injexion. My groups shrunk immediatley and they penetrate the same target 3 to 4" deeper. I can't shoot a bag target with them because they pop through the back. Combined with the small diameter ferule on the hypodermic, I can only imagine a knife through butter.

Honestly, this....if anything....is so personally specific, I don't know if anybody can really answer the question.

I can tell you what I'm using right now and why. Easton Carbon Injexion.

I would really not have even gone that way if the guy at my local shop hadn't just said "I'd like you to just try one of these a few times". I just did it to make him happy because I wasn't at all interested in a small diameter arrow. But, after I shot them, I really couldn't say no to the accuracy and penetration I was getting as compared side by side with the regular diameter Gold Tips that I was about to buy.

The small diameter allows them to use a thicker shaft to get to the same weight per inch, it has less wind resistance and I'm really loving the deep six inserts even though it means I will have to buy new broadheads this year.

For my new setup (which is a 60# Synergy that is not super speedy to begin with), I am getting a hugely different degree of penetration into a broadhead target than with other arrows (like multiple inches deeper and many times all the way through the dang target).

Will that translate when it hits a deer? I think so...I hope so. But, either way, I have confidence in the arrows and they are shooting accurately for me. That's what's most important.

Huntinfool

Hypo is one of the broadheads I'm going to try for sure. They just seem like a perfect match to the shaft. But I'm also going to try a few others just to see what works best.

james243

I use trophy ridge hailfire 350s. They are a small diameter shaft with an insert/outsert. They are discontinued but I have two dozen, of which over the past four years I have only had one arrow go out of commission. That was due to being struck by another arrow shooting groups. Since then I refrain from shooting groups and haven't had any other problems. I do a lot of stump shooting with judo points and flu-flu so my arrows see a lot of contact with the ground. Even when I target practice it has been into the dirt during the past year. The outsert opens the way and the shaft gets little contact. I wish they would make more of them because I would buy more, even just to stack on top of the second dozen I haven't fletched yet. I've shot three deer with them and judging by the penetration into the ground/tree you would think that I missed.

catch22

arrow

I guess my Beman ICS are not "fancy" enough. Guess I should tell that to the 2 deer that they flew through last year. ::ke:::ke::bounce:

Huntinfool

I guess my Beman ICS are not "fancy" enough. Guess I should tell that to the 2 deer that they flew through last year. ::ke:::ke::bounce:

You can't. They're dead.

Nobody said your Bemans aren't good enough. The OP asked opinions on the best arrow.

GTHunter007

Gold tip Velocity 300's for me. Tough, light shaft that allows u to build a high FOC.
I think you nailed it...but its all completely relative. Relative to your setup, your tendencies and what you are looking for. The heavy Easton Injections and Axis arrows "show off" more than the rest because they give hunters an easy solution to more penetration. This comes from smaller diameters and higher GPIs at each given arrow size. But, the slight drop in arrow speed still results in higher penetration...this equals happy shooters.

What I did, was attempted to equal what the AXIS arrows were doing weight wise, but get it on the front end of a micro diameter arrow. The only arrow out there that allowed me to do this was from Black Eagle. Shaft sizes like the axis, but arrow weights lower GPIs than the micro diameter Eastons. I was able to insert weights up front and front load this arrow for extreme FOC numbers coupled with weights like the Axis provide and boom...I had the best of all penetration worlds.

The FOC loaded Black Eagles out penetrate my Axis arrows who match the same weight in my Reinhardt target by almost 3 inches.

But like I said...the answer to what is the best hunting arrow is completely relative to who the shooter is. And how much they want to put into it.

167WhiteTAIL

Hands down, no questions asked, Victory Vap V1 - it is a different breed of arrow, crazy penetration, great FOC.

Last edited: