What is this gnarly joker…

Toliver

Couldn’t tell, I wasnt gonna get rite up on him in case he had a taste for Hillbilly ( aka the other white meat). ::gone:I would have killed him but I didn’t wanna have to drag him outa there.:bounce:. I figured I better let him alone. I know for sure now.
6.5 Creedmoor might be able to handle him.

This thread is getting dangerously close to needing to relocate to the campfire. Then we can roast one of these things. I hear they're crunchy like popcorn if you cook'em right.

hopper

That's the Joro we've been talking about. And the web is about the size of the hood on a full size pickup. Was that a bat or a hummingbird he caught?
That looks different than the joros round here. Wander if their are different types.

Toliver

You're not killing these are you?
Screenshot_20230914_162941_Chrome.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
6.5 Creedmoor might be able to handle him.

This thread is getting dangerously close to needing to relocate to the campfire. Then we can roast one of these things. I hear they're crunchy like popcorn if you cook'em right.
I've been wait'n on it to get moved or locked down since the 3rd post.

earlthegoat2

I see these from time to time in the woods. They’re usually face height and big as the palm of your hand (well almost). I don’t know what they are, I just walk around them.View attachment 1253966View attachment 1253967

You're not killing these are you?
View attachment 1254026

Pretty sure the first one is what we call banana spiders. I think it is also known as a golden orb weaver. They are huge things also with nasty webs that are thankfully not very sticky and somewhat easy to remove.

The second is also in the orb weaver family. The yellow orb weaver.

Here is some research