dwhee87 Driveler Thread #310..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
EE, 44* and no cloth processing going on.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Has that ever happened?

Bloodbro, I remember one year many Moons ago when my younger brother and I went down to NOLA for a friends wedding not long after we had moved back up to Georgia.

There was a snow bomb approaching and we took off anyway to drive through it to get there.

We didn’t really think much of it, so we just boogied. We didn’t hit snow until we got down to maybe Montgomery and it snowed all the way to NOLA. When we arrived in NOLA we went straight to a party friends having prior to the wedding in the next couple days.

Daggum snow flakes were HUGE, bigger than a silver dollar, covered the ground down there in a matter of 30 minutes. Rare to see snow that far south too.

Anyway, when we came back and through the news we found out that south GA got pummeled from just below Macon on down.

I remember when we got about north of Macon there was barely any snow on the ground.

I bet Nic will know of this particular snow event for the Deep South years ago. I don’t remember how much they got in total though, but it was significant.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
IIRC, this was in the late 70’s, 78-79 maybe?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Albany GA. got 3.0’ of snow in 1973. Nic will remember that one.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Mornin`, folks.

Oh yea, I remember a couple of snow events down here. The one in 73 is probably the most snow that we got in my lifetime. My transportation at that time was a 400 Suzuki.I had some fun! The "Blizzard of 93" wasn`t s much fun. We worked nearly nonstop through that one, and those were the first ice covered poles I ever climbed. That ain`t no fun at all. Seems like we got a decent snowfall in 2010? And got a dusting a couple of years ago.

I probably shouldn`t wish a foot of snow down here. That much would shut down transportation completely.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Morning y’all. That snow in 73 was 18” here in Eatonton. What was odd was Atlanta didn’t get any.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
EE, 44* and no cloth processing going on.

Gobblin, I had a problem with availibilty for this upcoming shipment as there is no white fabric available right now. I could only get a medium "blue fabric" instead. I got a sample sent to me and then took it to them to get that approved and after they approved it, I ordered it and then picked up the shipment last Friday morning and processed it the same day and put it in the warehouse for release asap.

However, my customer is supposed to give me an order today for delivery by Wednesday of next week at the latest. Hopefully, this wet weather will be gone by then and the sun will be shining.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Mornin time !!! Looooong slow night, same again tonight unless it floods.

Status
Not open for further replies.