Amazing live band performances

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
This whole performance that I’ve seen is absolutely stunning. I think this is my favorite song from this concert.
Allen Collins ripped the guts out of that guitar and slung it into the crowd
Their entire show at that concert was amazing. They killed it on Freebird. That was peak LS.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The original band recorded that live at the Fox theater in Atlanta on the album, One More From the Road.

Allen Collins lived four houses down the street from the house where I grew up in Jacksonville. Got to watch them practice some when I was a kid.
That was a two night stand at the Fox. My business partner went to one of the shows. I sure wish I could have been there.

specialk

I grew up on the Westside of Jacksonville. Allen lived four houses down from me on our street. Ronnie’s brother Donnie lived across the highway Blanding Blvd.

When I was a kid I saw them practice in Allen’s friends garage. First time I heard them I knew those guys were going big time. They played the bar scene then. I was too young for that.

I got to see .38 Special and Molly Hatchet play at the Still and at the Jug. My cousin Jackson Spires played for Blackfoot. I left Jax for good in 82.

neat story DD, my mom lives in O.P. off Blanding....

Big7

The Oracle
Allen Collins was the best guitarist Skynyrd ever had hands down. He survived the plane crash but never could beat the dope and liquor.

He got banged up pretty bad in a speed boat accident. He recovered from that. A few years later he was paralyzed in a auto accident, he went downhill quickly after that.

Personally I don’t think he ever recovered from losing Ronnie, Steve, and Cassie.
Yeah
I know all that. I was alive to see it all.

We just disagree on who was the best guitarist.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Nice enough guy.
More supporting cast than a lead guitarist.

Saw him being interviewed a few years back.

I was just being smartalec.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Nice enough guy.
More supporting cast than a lead guitarist.

Saw him being interviewed a few years back.
That is hilarious. Ed King was an excellent guitar player. Possibly the best of them that played on that band.

Big7

The Oracle
Dickey. The Man. The Legend

Big7

The Oracle
Allman Bros. Blue Sky

Big7

The Oracle
70's Style Real Rock Stars.

Big7

The Oracle
Third best guitarist on the planet. Burning it down.

Big7

The Oracle
Old Skool.
A young Frank Marino. Burning it down.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Not actually live but one of the greatest cover songs ever. The drummer don’t miss a lick