The little one! JT, Bubba, Qturn and Blu 3 days Live From The Tree IL & SC

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hopefully they are up witha cup of coffee by now. .. well they are both kinda girlie so its prolky a low fat latte :bounce:

Is showing 55 with no wind in New Haven. Usually a few degrees cooler in the bottoms. Well check in as soon as they let me know where they are headed.

Here is Blu's pig doe from earlier in week. Gotta admit this is a good shot! Also a new decal on the side of the bubba mobile :)

See yall in a few. I gotta get to work and try to finance the next 10 weeks

Attachments

• IMG950245.jpg
    IMG950245.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,410
  • IMG_2013101052789.jpg
    IMG_2013101052789.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,370

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
OH YEAH.......Finally back in a tree....in the Midwest!!!!....I'm in a new hung lock on on a fence row about 150 yds above the trash pile stand......its on the edge between big hardwoods and a grown up pasture....I was walking by this stand to the trash pile and nearly slid down the hill on acorns and dodo!...leaves are still thick but I have several good lanes.....just glad to be back in a tree!! and Live!!..... Yes Blu decided to sleep in ...again...he is good four about an hour in the evening:huh:.......its shooting light and a balmy 55 calm degrees.... squirrels are already kicking .....come on early season Big Daddy meet Mr Spyder!!:yeah:

red tail

GONetwork Member
Good luck this morning Bubba.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
yep just called and woke Blu up...he was drooling on the pillow. Just hope it wasnt my pillow:D

Get on em bubba. You are in a fine spot brother

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
this is about where he is this morning, although he wont answer so I am not 100% sure. Gotta be close though

Attachments

• bubba 10-10 morn (1000 x 506).jpg
    bubba 10-10 morn (1000 x 506).jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,402

QTurn

He oughta have cell service! He's close to where I killed my buck two years ago and I had plenty of reception...

No excuses!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
bubba...

new set he didnt know was there (we do that to him now and again:bounce:). no deer, very calm...lots o squirrels

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
blu is prolly glad he slept in ....again. Bubba is an ofer.

I told him welcome to the land of the giants, in Oct. it aint pretty sometimes:D

BornToHuntAndFish

Thx for getting it going this morning JT.

Sure is a big ole nanny doe of Blu's. Looks like a mighty fine shot placement, too.

Looks like Bubba is surrounded by good food sources in that fine Google Earth image of JT's. Hope he can ambush some whitetails as they head back to a bedding area.

Here's JT's helpful BackCountry Navigator image from last year 2012 that has the Trash Pile stand on it embedded below:

21-11-12_06-05-50.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
bubba...

nodda. gonna do some scouting. can see 12 rubs from stand.

brady...:yawn:

me...get me in a freaking tree! I just posted this on FB, if all goes well today I'll be in a tree by 430 and for a few hours tomorrow. If I dont die in a fiery crash between now and the 24th I'll be in a tree or a truck for 45 straight days!

be back with yall in a few

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Not happening this morning......Oct in the Midwest can be oh so slowwwwww.......no place id rather be!.... time to scout a little....hang a stand on new farm....quick bite, and try to plan a surprise party for ol slough foot this evening!

Gonna be in the low 80's this weekend here in jawga tbink I will spend it on the Tennessee river fishing..

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
they are headed to Saline to hang a few stands...yall hang on

and yep Im still a working

Blu

Back in same spot as last night corn still standing in both fields in front of me . Bubba and I hung a lock on in a sweet spot today gonna give this area one mo time then jump ship in the AM YES AM:rofl: