What new item did you get that you are loving right now

Bubba_1122

Still on the fence on my OZ Radial EZ ozone generator. The deer definitely know it's there. I haven't been winded but I have had some deer severely on edge. Most calm down eventually.

That reminded me of a buy I made a few weeks ago.

Got the Scentlok Radial 400B ozone machine. Got it for a couple of reasons. One is for my wife to freshen up the smell inside our house with a dog inside. Other is to try hunting (but honestly between the ozone and the Thermacell smell it's just too much for me (so using just the Thermacell if needed)).

Biggest thing I use the ozone machine for is for my hunting clothes. Have a large plastic trash can that I've converted to a clothes conditioner. Have a PVC pipe running across it across it. Hang my hunting clothes/caps, etc over the pipe and put the ozone machine in there on high for about 15 or 20 minutes. Not sure what the deer think but figured couldn't hurt.

Buckstop

New Bartlien barrel chambered in 6.5x284 on my old M700 Sendero with a new HS Precision long range hunter model stock. Smithing and cerakoating done by Collier Rifles.

shdw633

If I had an electric bike, I'd surely clothes line myself on a limb about 6 am.

It is first and foremost a bike, that's for sure. Way different world riding it in the dark, in the woods or fields. I have been thrown twice by hitting ruts where stumps have rotted in the ground and threw the chain one night and had to get it back on in order to get the bike up and running to get back into camp. There is a definite learning curve but it is a fun curve to learn.

shdw633

Still on the fence on my OZ Radial EZ ozone generator. The deer definitely know it's there. I haven't been winded but I have had some deer severely on edge. Most calm down eventually.

I feel the same way, I bought one this year and have owned an Ozonics for the past couple of years. I love that it is more compact than the Ozonics, battery life is great, and the price can't be beat; however, I do like that Ozonics is more directional whereas the Radial is 360 degree and there are times when I want the ozone to go in a particular and more powerful direction than just sprayed all over the place. Plus I don't want to smell the stuff when I am in the stand as well. In a ground blind I put the Ozonics out the window of the blind pointing toward the downwind direction and that's where it is going, can't do that with the Radial.

shdw633

On the other side of the question, my brother in law gave me the plastic urinal (with top) today from his recent trip to the hospital. Said I could use it in my deer stand. Said he didn't use it. Neither am I.

I love those things in a box blind!! Had one a few years back and it was great

Bucaramus

2019 Polaris Ranger 500, only put 20 hours on it, but so far, I am really enjoying it. Time will tell if I like it down the road as far as reliability.
I've got a 2017 1000 and love it. Have had 0 issues. You do have to remember that you need to use low gear unless you are running around faster than 20mph or you could burn out the drive belt. The dealer told me "Low when going Slow". Also, cover the air intake for the belt when you wash it or you'll get water in the belt drive case and cause slipping until it dries out. I found out the hard way on that one.

Esau

I am loving my Waldroup Pacseat.

krizia829

It's not really new but it sure has helped me in the woods! I have a "Go Girl" that i've had to use a couple of times, especially when I was pregnant and hunting! It made everything so much easier when it was time to go lol I always make sure to have that and an empty water bottle just in case in my bag!

Buck Dropper

I've got a 2017 1000 and love it. Have had 0 issues. You do have to remember that you need to use low gear unless you are running around faster than 20mph or you could burn out the drive belt. The dealer told me "Low when going Slow". Also, cover the air intake for the belt when you wash it or you'll get water in the belt drive case and cause slipping until it dries out. I found out the hard way on that one.

We learned that the hard way when we first got ours.

chrislibby88

Suppressor. Man that thing makes shooting SO nice. Saves my ears a lot of trauma. Probably isn’t 100% hearing safe, but I have rang my ears pretty bad in dense trees when that muzzle blast echos back at me with no suppressor, especially popping multiple shots at groups of hogs. I refuse to hunt with ear protection, it’s too much extra movement.
The can does add about 6 inches of length, and more weight on the muzzle, but I like shorter barreled bolt guns, so it isn’t a huge deal and the extra weight makes out front takes a ton of the vertical snap from the recoil impulse. If you are thinking about a suppressor for hunting, get one.

ssramage

Had a thought for another pre-season purchase that has really changed the game for me. I actually bought it back in turkey season but have used it heavily recently and that would be my Spartan cell cam. I don't know how I went this long without one. It is totally a game changer. With limited hunting time, it helps maximize scouting certain areas when I can't be there in person.

HabershamHunter85

Bought a Xstand climber for $148 off Sportsmans Guide. I think it weighs 12lbs. I was looking for a cheap light weight climber to take way back on NF and really like it. It's different than any other climber i've used but it's easy to get use to it and it's comfortable. Also bought some WGI Terra 8's for 35 dollars a piece to put out on NF, and have been amazed at how good they are for the price. I usually use Moultrie, but wouldn't dare leave one on NF.

Last edited:

ninjaneer

I tried original Slick Trick broadheads this year and happy with the results. I've used probably 8 different brands/types over the years and these flew best out of my old Switchback compared to field points.
They don't give you that hit with an axe look of a big mechanical, but they are deadly.