11/26 am

Dupree

Headed back to public with my son again. We will be sitting in the same spot we sat yesterday evening. From running a cam last year, it had a lot more usage during the morning. If someone is parked there we will likely just go in blind somewhere. 47* here at the house.

basshappy

BANNED
Gorgeous twilight dawn now in Bartow. Where the tree trunks start becoming individual trees versus a mass.

Yotes yipped quite a bit last night and the moon basically lit up the woods like a spotlight. We walked a bit listening to the yotes and owls.

My boy is grabbing a few more zzzz and we are hunkered down in one of our natural bunkers overlooking a creek bottom and two opposing ridges. I was here on Thanksgiving and 30-soms turkeys were all around so if nothing else I am hoping they return for my boy to watch them. If ya look close you'll see the elusive 11 year old boy often not seen in the woods these days in America.

20231126_064426.jpg

Dupree

A deer came up the creek bottom running. Think it was a doe. Didn’t try to stop it for shot, was expecting something with head gear behind it.

Dusty Roads

Fannin/overcast/windy from all directions/saw doe confused which way to go
8:15 BIG buck/10ptr/chasing 5 does all over/not stopping no clean shot than all disappeared into far wood
Good time for calls

Attachments

• IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

rugerfan

I have heard about 6 shots since first light. Shots were pretty far off.

Big Foot

When they come in directly behind you on these dry leaves your heart rate will go up! 2.5 yo 8 read the script perfect - out front at 15 yards looking the other way. He cruised on off not knowing I was there

rugerfan

The squirrels aren't even moving in here. Dead quiet.

Dupree

Weather app says it’s 50*. It’s a mighty cold 50!!!

Squirrels must know it’s about to get colder the next few nights. One keeps making trips up and down a big oak stuffing leaves into a hole.