22 WMR handguns for self defense

Dub

Nice pic. Please explain. You found the smoking gun? Lol

And I prefer LR.

My point was that when Glocks showed up, people looked past ugly and saw easy maintenance, easy parts swap, easy operation and low user cost.......unless the dog wanted to chew on it.

When the market saw that people would buy ugly.....they have gone out of their way to give it us.

Don't get me wrong....I have my share of Glocks & other polymers....I keep telling myself that I have my limit.....then the P365 came out.....and a hobbit-sized HK showed up, too.

They are useful....just not much to look at compared to a 1911, Hi Power or many revolvers....in my opinion.

Lukikus2

My straight shooters are wheel. Easy to carry ammo. Have some “target” pistols for backup. Light carry rifle's to. Got to have something to shoot rabbits for dinner. All LR. Never been a appromant of the magnums.

Reactions: Dub

Darkhorse

My only 22 magnum is a Ruger single six with the magnum cylinder. It is a little long for Concealed carry but it would work very well in the house.
My only complaint with shooting magnum loads is the ear splitting noise. You really need ear protection.
It will shoot. If you miss it's your fault not the pistols.
This target was shot offhand at 25 yards back when I was shooting it regularly.
CCI07152023-0000.jpg

SC Hunter

I would hate to know somebody was shooting at me with a PMR 30 or CMR 30. My brother can run a gun pretty well, we regularly have shooting competitions in the yard, and with his PMR and CMR I just don't see how it would turn out good to be on the receiving end.

GunnSmokeer

Rimfire revolvers are notorious for having long and very heavy double action trigger pulls. Since any wheelgun you have for self-defense would likely be used in double action mode, without cocking the weapon first, a Heavy trigger can really hurt your practical accuracy.

So, I think a reliable semi auto would be better --if it fits your hand. Ergonomics is probably the most important factor here.

GunnSmokeer

PS: I've owned several 22 magnum revolvers and one Derringer, but never a 22 WMR semi auto.

Dub

Rimfire revolvers are notorious for having long and very heavy double action trigger pulls. Since any wheelgun you have for self-defense would likely be used in double action mode, without cocking the weapon first, a Heavy trigger can really hurt your practical accuracy.

So, I think a reliable semi auto would be better --if it fits your hand. Ergonomics is probably the most important factor here.

Which do you recommend ?

au7126

Haven't looked back at all the posts but I am interested in the new S&W 22 mag that carries the 30 round mag. I understand it is very loud and was fixing to pull the trigger and put a can on it. The barrel is not threaded?

B. White

I'm late on this one, but this little 351 fits in the pocket better than anything else I have. Weighs 3 oz more than an Iphone 6 unloaded. Lighter weight and a slightly smaller grip than my other j frames make it carry easy in shorts or overalls pockets for yardwork. It is about the same size as a Sig P938, but the Sig is over a half pound heavier and I like a revolver in my pocket better.

1709584097690.jpeg

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I'm late on this one, but this little 351 fits in the pocket better than anything else I have. Weighs 3 oz more than an Iphone 6 unloaded. Lighter weight and a slightly smaller grip than my other j frames make it carry easy in shorts or overalls pockets for yardwork. It is about the same size as a Sig P938, but the Sig is over a half pound heavier and I like a revolver in my pocket better.

View attachment 1291882
My brother recently got the 637 in 38 special. I couldn't get over how light it was, but yours is a full 3 ounces lighter unloaded. I bet it's a joy to carry.

B. White

My brother recently got the 637 in 38 special. I couldn't get over how light it was, but yours is a full 3 ounces lighter unloaded. I bet it's a joy to carry.

I know it carries good, but I bet you can tell when you pull the trigger. My little 21 oz j frames are a handful with a stout load.

rosewood

You can't go where Mossad won't find you.
If you get on their list, your days are numbered.
They operate in almost every country.

Wish we had a hit team that were as prolific and covert as Mossad. They wack em' by the dozens.
Yeah, but who is making the call in our country these days....

rosewood